What advice can you give to a pregnant mom?

dNJ

Earning My Ears
We will be going in April with my ds's 4 & 8 yrs old. I am over 5 months pregnant & feeling 'big'. I am wondering which rides I can go on & what advice you can give me.
thank you..diane :)

I went to WDW when I was 4 months pregnant. I skipped all the rides which which were wild: the Mountains in the MK, Test Track and Body Wars in Epcot, Star Wars and ToT in MGM (R&RRC wasn't built yet), and Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom. I did do the Safari, but it gets bumpy near the end so you may want to skip it too.

-- Robin

Wear very comfortable shoes with room for your feet to swell! I've been twice while pregnant, and both times my feet were swollen like balloons by the end of the night. I had to sit on the edge of the tub and soak them in cold water. I didn't have that problem at home, so I don't know if it was the heat, or all the walking. It will be well worth your investment to buy a really good pair!

I'm overly cautious. I would plan on laying down for a few hours every afternoon. Also, drink LOTS of water. Dehydration can bring on pre-term labor. Remember that WDW will still be there for next time. Wearing yourself out is not a good idea.

wolfgang.gif
deadpostssocietylogo.art

Mary

The nap and water is CRUCIAL. I hope that you are staying on-site so that you can hop back to your hotel for lunch and a swim or nap. Remind the kids that this is a condition of going to Disney and is NOT negotiable.

When I was 7 months pregnant, I saw more of the shows than I usually would. I also have photos of me frowning next to all the signs for the rides I couldn't go on. They are a hoot.

The best thing was eating constantly without feeling badly about it. With all the walking, I didn't gain any weight at all.

Make sure that you use the pools. The weightless feeling of being underwater is worth putting on the horrible bathing suit.

Have fun. It will be awhile before you can go back without a baby.

First WDW visit 1996 DxL
1997 CB
1998 CS
1999 baby
2000 Westgate Lakes
2000 DxL & BWI Concierge
Jan 2001 OKW
April 2001 PO Riverside
Jan 2002 BWV

Thanks for the feedback- I will defn. remember to have a water bottle with me at all times. :cool:

Congrats on your new baby-to-be! I went to WDW in 93 , 5 mos pregnant w/ my 3rd. I have to be honest, I rode almost EVERYTHING! I talked to my OB/GYN before leaving and he gave me the green light to use my discretion. Now, let me state here that I was VERY active w/ this pregnancy and I was used to LOTS of walking to begin w/, this was a healthy pregnancy and went on to have a healthy little (well 8lbs 10z) girl. I think that only you know what you can handle. I didn't find any of the rides at WDW too rough for me, including Space Mt. Now, the spinning rides, I wouldn't and still won't do...they make me sick to my stomach. I have to say, if you are in doubt, don't do it. Just my 2 cents. Have a great trip!!!
wendy

I went at the end of Aug. 2000 when I was 7.5 months pregnant. I had been to WDW numerous times, so I knew which rides to avoid. It was nice for my husband and I to take a relaxing pace. We slept in, enjoyed the pool every afternoon and ate out in air-conditioned restaurants. You know your body, so listen to it when it gets tired. One night we went to Beaches and Cream for dinner. I just couldn't walk back through Epcot to catch the bus to DL. So, we called a taxi. It was a great $15 investment in my not having to walk that far. As far as rides go, I avoided everything with a warning sign except for the safari ride. I had been on it before and knew what it was like. The bridge didn't rock when we went over it so I don't know if the driver skipped it because I was pregnant. It was one of our best vacations. Just take it slow, take lots of rest time and as my doctor told me, don't let the water bottle out of your reach! He wanted me to drink water constantly to avoid dehydration. Good luck and have fun!

minnie08a.gif

Honeymoon May '93 Grand Floridian 7 nights
Sept '96 offsite
Nov '97 CBR 2 nights
May '98 OKW 2 nights
Oct '99 DL 11 nights
New Year's Trip Dec '99 All Star Movies 2 nights
Aug '00 Dixie Landings 6 nights

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter