What a trip! Ever had anyone not have fun?

Marsheliz said:
This was my husband and my 5th time going so its not like it was the first but it definitely wasn't the best.

I think you all are right too- We both are just tired and I think dealing with my mom was just too much for him. Yes, it was hard taking care of my mom plus two kids but you just do what you got to do.. This will probably be the last vacation my mom will ever take. She is basically dying so it was hard the whole time, everytime I looked at her, how tired, weak and frail she is right now. We do have some happy memories and one day we will look back and laugh....

Does anyone know anything about the Splash Mountain pic I previously asked about??
So sorry that the trip was so stressful.... Sounds like your Mom's health, frazzled hubby and frayed nerves were major players in the disappointment / frustration.

AS FOR THE PICTURE - at Expedition Everest a few weeks ago, the person at the photo desk told us that they actually keep the pictures for at least a month! Call, tell them what day and approx. what time and they can find it for you! Apparently, they do this frequently.

Good luck! Take a deep breath, give your hubby, kids and Mom a hug and tell them that you love them... Next time, make checklists, plan ahead and ENJOY!! :-)

Definitely call Disney. They might not be able to get it for you, but it can't hurt to try. I would assume the picture at the airport was thrown out, but it can't hurt to call and see if they have a "lost & found".

Good luck!

Sorry about your trip but hopefully after some time you will remember the good things and all the memories you made with your family. It will be a great memory for your kids to remember going to Disney with their grandmother.

Going back to your question...Ever have anyone not have fun? Yes, I have. After my DH and I had been married for 6 months we went on our first family vacation. My DD, 4 at the time had never been to Disney so we chose Disney. My stepson, 11 at the time, who had been a few times when he was much younger was a complete brat the entire time. He did not like sharing his dad on vacation and made it quite obvious to everyone. He acted miserable the entire first 2 days. He never wanted to do what others wanted to do. When we would go do what he wanted to do he would say he changed his mind and didn't want to. Once when my DD and I went to ride something they didn't want to ride he deliberately tried to walk off and lose DH in the crowd. He wouldn't smile for any pictures. Finally after two days DH set him down and told him they would spend the rest of the time in the room if he didn't stop. Only then did he stop. He still wouldn't do right for pictures so that Disney scrapbook doesn't have many photos of him in it. Even the ones where he smiled after the second day talk were snarky grins. If was a difficult trip, but when we went this year it was much better. It also helped that my sister and her family went and he had someone there his age to hang out with and talk with. Don't worry the next trip will be better.

I am sorry it was so tragic and full of disappointments. Yet, I see so many great things in your trip. I hope you also can see the good I do.

You got to go with your Mom! You were with her and caring for her. She is here now and got to see the joy of her grandchildren in Disney. She got to be with her family for her last big vacation. Treasure the time you have, even the bad days because the time is ending all to quick.

You got an upgrade! You got a great suite at 1 am. They didn't make you all squeeze into a room that didn't work, they fixed it for you. You must have arrived late to be checking in then or you went directly to the park. I know it is hard, you had to be exhausted and the last thing you must have wanted to do was haul all the stuff to yet another place, but they gave you a suite. Everyone was together as a family and Mom was there in the suite so taking care of her had to be easier than having her in connecting room or down the hall. Disney takes care of things and they do it well. A brand new suite in a brand new hotel! That is bragging rights.

The stuff you lost. It is just stuff. I promise that doesn't make sense now but as you get much older or experience serious loss you will realize that is it stuff. Yes it sucks, I know, it is hard and am I sure it made for a bad time loosing it. I hate when that happens and I get very upset. In the end it is stuff, do your best to get it back but if you can't, you can get more.

I am sorry that your trip wasn't perfect. I hope you treasure the time with your Mom and I pray for peace for you and your family as she travels past this life in time.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My father died from cancer 12 years ago, I can sympathize with how hard it is.

Some trips are just not the best, and it's important to focus on the positive and use the negative as a learning experience. Not Disney, but we went on a cruise that just plain sucked. Our room had mold and they had a huge fan trying to make it better but it didn't work. I was pregnant and the mold was making me very sick. My husband got food poisoning and...let's just say we had some late night cleanups. We couldn't go to our last port because of rough seas, actually one day we couldn't leave our room because of how rough it was. When we called room service they told us they were serving most rooms and it could be over 2 hours.:crazy2:

The point it, the vacation itself sucked. But over the years we were able to both laugh about how everything went wrong and look at the fun things. I have great memories of walking around Puerto Rico, even if we did have to stop often for a sick husband.

I totally feel for you, I hope over time you can look back and only remember the good things. I am sure your mom and kids having a great time will be your only memory after a while, and the other things will be good stories to tell.

We just got back too, and had some photopass plus issues. We were missing pics from Jedi training on the photopass card they gave out. We talked to someone at epcot who couldn't/wouldn't help and basically said we would need to go back to HS. I asked again at MK and the photopass person was able to find them using the date and time. :cool1:

We asked about adding ride photos from a few days before, and the CM said we would have to go back to the ride. It was days later at Space Mountain, and they still had them in the system. I would email the address on the back of the photopass card, and tell them which ride and as close to the exact date and time as you can and go from there. Good Luck!

Thanks everyone! You have all made me feel better.
Now I just cant wait until we can go again and hopefully things will turn out way better.
I am hoping to go at Christmastime next! Just need to get the free dining! :)

Yes-definately call Disney on the photo. If they have the ability, I have no doubt they will get it to you. On our last trip, I ordered the photo pass cd. It came during Thanksgiving weekend and we were out being one of "those crazy families" the entire day seeing Santa, shopping, etc. Well my 165 lb English mastiff decided he didn't appreciate being left alone ALL day and decided to eat/shred all our Disney memories on that beloved cd! It was well past the 30 days when u have to order, but I emailed customer service at 10:30 on a saturday Holiday weekend night-as I was crying my eyes out and praying they could get me another one before I had to tell my husband we were out the cd & the $100! Low and behold, 9:00 am Sunday morning I already had an email stating they found it & were sending me another copy free of charge! This was our 2nd trip & the 2nd time Disney went above & beyond to fix something that was not thier problem. And that is one reason why we have no problems spending our vaca $ at Disney. Good luck!!

I am just so upset today. Anyone else came back from Disney feeling like it wasnt what you hoped for? Maybe better luck next time..... :confused3

One year, we went with a couple that had a 5 year old and a 3 year old who had to stop at the bathroom 5 times a day and wouldn't ride in the stroller or eat. And the mother was going to file for divorce as soon as they got back (she told us so).

That was was doomed from the start. Never should have gone.

FlightlessDuck said:
One year, we went with a couple that had a 5 year old and a 3 year old who had to stop at the bathroom 5 times a day and wouldn't ride in the stroller or eat. And the mother was going to file for divorce as soon as they got back (she told us so).

That was was doomed from the start. Never should have gone.

Omg! That would be so uncomfortable with the stb divorced couple!

My husband is on the phone trying to find it now... Thank you all.

HAHA on the divorce- I almost felt like that too when we got back.. And still feel that way now but I know that it was just alot of confusion going on which led to bad moods and aggravation.

Here's to hoping that next time is so wonderful. I hate to rush away time with my babies but I already want to take them back when they are about 6 and 3. :) 4 and will be a year old Monday so come on two years! ;)

I'm sorry that your trip was not as you had hoped and/or envisioned. I hope that as you start to settle back into your routine, you can shake that off and find some of the positive things about it to focus on. I know that you are going to have many more trying days ahead of you with your Mother's illness to deal with, I hope that you can find some happy memories to wrap yourself in like a security blanket when you're feeling weary or sad.

Prayers and hugs to you.

PS I have had one of those trips too, last year we travelled while I was still recovering from surgery, and not really at all mobile, BIG mistake, add that to the proverbial grumpy teenager, and 2 preschool aged kids who really just did not understand about waiting in lines (thanksgiving Week:crazy2:) and it was tiresome and just well... NOT fun. But when I got back and looked at all the pictures I took of my kids having fun, including the teen, I realized it was just my emotions getting the better of me, so it wasn't the PERFECT trip, but it was still a trip- with my family- all together. pixiedust:

It's awful that your mother has cancer and I'm sure she wanted to go on the trip because it might not be an option in the future but that alone made your trip more than likely very stressful for everyone including your husband. I wouldn't be so quick to leave him at home just because he was honest with you. Maybe bringing your mother wasn't the best idea and in hindsight he feels like his trip was ruined. It's a hard situation. No one is right or wrong. You did what you thought was best and would be fun. As long as the kids were happy right? Next time maybe have mom stay home with a nurse? Get a baby sitter for one night? Just suggestions but you went to Disney and they helped you move into a better space when the one you picked didn't work our. Not many people can say that.

We've had those trips as well. On first disney cruise while at Polynesian before the cruise we realized that DH had his coworkers passport! Omg. We had to scramble and have the coworker overnight his passport which was cutting it close. Caused so much stress! A little bit out and you forget all of it and you recall all the fun! Trust me, in a bit you'll feel better about it very soon.

I'm sorry that your trip was not as you had hoped and/or envisioned. I hope that as you start to settle back into your routine, you can shake that off and find some of the positive things about it to focus on. I know that you are going to have many more trying days ahead of you with your Mother's illness to deal with, I hope that you can find some happy memories to wrap yourself in like a security blanket when you're feeling weary or sad.

Prayers and hugs to you.

PS I have had one of those trips too, last year we travelled while I was still recovering from surgery, and not really at all mobile, BIG mistake, add that to the proverbial grumpy teenager, and 2 preschool aged kids who really just did not understand about waiting in lines (thanksgiving Week:crazy2:) and it was tiresome and just well... NOT fun. But when I got back and looked at all the pictures I took of my kids having fun, including the teen, I realized it was just my emotions getting the better of me, so it wasn't the PERFECT trip, but it was still a trip- with my family- all together. pixiedust:

Aww thank you!!!! I have looked back at the pictures and realized it wasnt all a lost cause! :)

Sorry your trip didn't go as well as you hoped. Our trip last month had some hiccups, but was great overall, although it could have been better.

For starters the heat. It was just too much and really ruined our moods quickly every day. The days it rained were lifesavers.

Secondly, halfway through our trip our camera died, so we took a taxi to Best Buy and had to get a new one. Not a fun extra vacation expense.

It was much more crowded than we expected, given that it was the "slowest" time of year.

Our arrival day was horrible. We were staying at Pop and my husband surprised me with a Little Mermaid room at Art of A. for our first night, so we got off the Magical Express at Art and he checked in while I walked over to Pop to check in there so we could start using our dining plan, I walked back to AoA with sweat dripping down my face (man it was HOT)We carried our heavy luggage all the way to the room only to find the door key didn't work. It was so hot and we had been up since 3am battling airports and the Little Mermaid rooms are a long hike from check-in (which is why I will never stay in one again, I don't think they thought the room location out very well, forget about walking down for refills and such). So hubbie stays at the door with the luggage and our son and I walk around looking for an employee to help, can't find anyone so I go back to hubbie and tell him he needs to go back to check in, thankfully we see a number on the key and call and as it turns out the castmember who checked him in told him, and wrote down, the wrong room number, so we had to go to the correct room which thankfully wasn't far away. Around that time hubbie gets sick (he NEVER gets sick) and throws up. Thankfully he felt better the next morning.

So while there was things I wish we could have changed, overall it was fun, but not as great as I had hoped. I now know to plan better and not underestimate the heat, which I can't stand anyways.

So it wasn't perfect, but I have hundreds of pictures of our little boy smiling and laughing, so that's all that matters :-)

My sister ended up in Emergency the first night of our last trip. And what made it really interesting is that her husband was flying in the next night! We had her 11yr old and 20yr old with us, so her 20yr old son spent the night in the ER with her, while I tried to keep her 11yr old daughter as calm as possible. Not a fun night!

Luckily she was released the next day, and her husband arrived that night. So things were close to normal the next day, after we all got some much needed rest.

Sorry your trip didn't go as well as you hoped. Our trip last month had some hiccups, but was great overall, although it could have been better.

For starters the heat. It was just too much and really ruined our moods quickly every day. The days it rained were lifesavers.

Secondly, halfway through our trip our camera died, so we took a taxi to Best Buy and had to get a new one. Not a fun extra vacation expense.

It was much more crowded than we expected, given that it was the "slowest" time of year.

Our arrival day was horrible. We were staying at Pop and my husband surprised me with a Little Mermaid room at Art of A. for our first night, so we got off the Magical Express at Art and he checked in while I walked over to Pop to check in there so we could start using our dining plan, I walked back to AoA with sweat dripping down my face (man it was HOT)We carried our heavy luggage all the way to the room only to find the door key didn't work. It was so hot and we had been up since 3am battling airports and the Little Mermaid rooms are a long hike from check-in (which is why I will never stay in one again, I don't think they thought the room location out very well, forget about walking down for refills and such). So hubbie stays at the door with the luggage and our son and I walk around looking for an employee to help, can't find anyone so I go back to hubbie and tell him he needs to go back to check in, thankfully we see a number on the key and call and as it turns out the castmember who checked him in told him, and wrote down, the wrong room number, so we had to go to the correct room which thankfully wasn't far away. Around that time hubbie gets sick (he NEVER gets sick) and throws up. Thankfully he felt better the next morning.

So while there was things I wish we could have changed, overall it was fun, but not as great as I had hoped. I now know to plan better and not underestimate the heat, which I can't stand anyways.

So it wasn't perfect, but I have hundreds of pictures of our little boy smiling and laughing, so that's all that matters :-)

Oh wow! You sound like me!! LOL but you are right, have pictures of my children smiling ear to ear.. Thats what its all about anyways!! :))))

My sister ended up in Emergency the first night of our last trip. And what made it really interesting is that her husband was flying in the next night! We had her 11yr old and 20yr old with us, so her 20yr old son spent the night in the ER with her, while I tried to keep her 11yr old daughter as calm as possible. Not a fun night!

Luckily she was released the next day, and her husband arrived that night. So things were close to normal the next day, after we all got some much needed rest.

Oh man.. That is a real nightmare, for sure!! :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter