What a disaster!!

Nevermind, I just went to their website and saw it is a bed and breakfast! How neat!!! That would be an amazing place to stay sometime in the fall. Hmmm, something to think about.

Day# 8 (Sunday) Part 1

LastDxDp.jpg

Great (challenging) report. One last question is why does it say "MT Wallet" at the end of your last receipt? Just to rub it in?

Thanks for writing such an entertaining trip report! I've been reading it all week at work, and am absolutely gob-smacked by your photography skills! I think I've added several new restaurants to my wishlist for the upcoming trip in December. Your photos made the food look so yummy!

TopDog, you will reap the benefits of decreased energy usage with your new fridge, too. In the 12 years since your old one was new, there've been great improvements in fridge technology.

Maybe the convenience of a non-stop would be worth the cost of a 2 way rentals? There's an Alamo at WDW where you could return a car and pick one up.

Great (challenging) report. One last question is why does it say "MT Wallet" at the end of your last receipt? Just to rub it in?

:lmao:

Actually, all the servers at Whispering Canyon Cafe have funny names. Most of them are western style names but this server must have really had a sense of humor to actually come up with the MT Wallet moniker. :rotfl:

Eventhough it's a coincident, still very funny though.
topdog - I thought of you when I saw this article. There's always hope!

Oregon Man's Wallet Found After 63 Years
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529528,00.html?test=latestnews
63 years!!! I would've turned into dust already. :lmao:
Thanks for writing such an entertaining trip report! I've been reading it all week at work, and am absolutely gob-smacked by your photography skills! I think I've added several new restaurants to my wishlist for the upcoming trip in December. Your photos made the food look so yummy!
Glad you like my TR. I am jealous you get to go in December. Have a great trip!! pixiedust:
TopDog, you will reap the benefits of decreased energy usage with your new fridge, too. In the 12 years since your old one was new, there've been great improvements in fridge technology.
That's what I was told too.
LindaBabe said:
Maybe the convenience of a non-stop would be worth the cost of a 2 way rentals? There's an Alamo at WDW where you could return a car and pick one up.
I guess I will make that decision when it's time for our next trip.
:lmao:

Actually, all the servers at Whispering Canyon Cafe have funny names. Most of them are western style names but this server must have really had a sense of humor to actually come up with the MT Wallet moniker. :rotfl:
You are correct. Our first meal was at WCC also. The server's name is "Pippin".

Hi topdog -- it was fun to catch up on your report after I got back home. Looking forward to your next trip and photos (of course I kind of think you should "branch" out and try somewhere else than WL, just so we can enjoy your photos -- how about AKL?).

I've finally made a slow start on a trip report on my regular blog site ( http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/mecllap/ ) but it won't be anywhere near as entertaining as yours has been. I may also get it over here to the disboards (need to think of a catchy title), but it's harder to do the photos (for me) here -- have started uploading some to photobucket. We didn't have disasters like you did, but it was not our most magical trip - but still looking forward to going back in Nov -- when it will be cooler!

I loved the kahlua cake at WCC and the Bailey's and JD mousse at Coral Reef (per your recommendation)-- but it did feel like "MT Wallet" when we got the check (we just did the QSDP, so WCC and CR were OOP).

TopDog ~ came on here today to see what I have missed...thought there might be an update on your picture book? :confused3 But doesn't look like I've missed anything. I'm not as big of a slacker as I thought I was :laughing:

Hope you are doing okay. :goodvibes

Oh yeah....and I'll be up in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks. My quilt retreat is up in PA. Around the Hershey area :thumbsup2 I heard it's been nice and cool up there lately so I'm really looking fwd to a break from the heat.

Hi topdog -- it was fun to catch up on your report after I got back home. Looking forward to your next trip and photos (of course I kind of think you should "branch" out and try somewhere else than WL, just so we can enjoy your photos -- how about AKL?).

I've finally made a slow start on a trip report on my regular blog site ( http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/mecllap/ ) but it won't be anywhere near as entertaining as yours has been. I may also get it over here to the disboards (need to think of a catchy title), but it's harder to do the photos (for me) here -- have started uploading some to photobucket. We didn't have disasters like you did, but it was not our most magical trip - but still looking forward to going back in Nov -- when it will be cooler!

I loved the kahlua cake at WCC and the Bailey's and JD mousse at Coral Reef (per your recommendation)-- but it did feel like "MT Wallet" when we got the check (we just did the QSDP, so WCC and CR were OOP).
Welcome back!! I will go check out your blog.

Yes. That Kahula cake at WCC is the "bomb". That is my #1 favorite dessert at Disney. JD mousse is #3.
TopDog ~ came on here today to see what I have missed...thought there might be an update on your picture book? :confused3 But doesn't look like I've missed anything. I'm not as big of a slacker as I thought I was :laughing:

Hope you are doing okay. :goodvibes

Oh yeah....and I'll be up in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks. My quilt retreat is up in PA. Around the Hershey area :thumbsup2 I heard it's been nice and cool up there lately so I'm really looking fwd to a break from the heat.
I've been super busy for the past few week. The project I've been working on at the office for almost a year is finally going into the implement phase. It's a massive project. Let's just say the project worth $3.5 million. I am basically in the middle of the storm right now. Lots and lots of logistic, coordination, integration, configuration and testing. On top of that, my car has serious problem so I have to rebuilt the entire front end suspension myself. That takes up at least a couple of hours everyday after I come home from work. I am hoping I can finish it by this weekend. I'll need a vacation after all these said and done. Got any suggestion where can I go?? ;)

Hershey is about 2 hours away from me. It's really not that far. I was there a few weeks ago. Yes. So far, this summer has been cool around 70s in day time and 50s in night time. I love it. I can tolerate heat that well and I have no A/C at my house.

I will continue work on my photobook once my daily routine free up a bit. Hopefully, I can post some update as well.
Hey Topdog what ever happenend with your wallet???????
I am afraid that's a goner. I doubt I will ever see it again.

Hey Topdog,

I really enjoyed reading your report. We are staying at WL in December. I too bring along my Pentax DSLR (not quite as much equipment though) and 2 lenses. I will do my best to get some good shots of WL in December for you to see. How are your feet? All better now?

Thanks again.

Hey Topdog,

I really enjoyed reading your report. We are staying at WL in December. I too bring along my Pentax DSLR (not quite as much equipment though) and 2 lenses. I will do my best to get some good shots of WL in December for you to see. How are your feet? All better now?

Thanks again.
Welcome. Glad you are coming on board. I am jealous that you are going to stay at WL in December. You get to see their Christmas decoration. :lovestruc I can't wait to see some of your shots.

Yes. My feet are fully recovered. They are fine now. Thank you for asking.

I wish you to have a magical trip in December. pixiedust:
subscribing! late:lovestruc
Better late than never. LOL... Welcome aboard!!

I've been super busy for the past few week. The project I've been working on at the office for almost a year is finally going into the implement phase. It's a massive project. Let's just say the project worth $3.5 million. I am basically in the middle of the storm right now. Lots and lots of logistic, coordination, integration, configuration and testing. On top of that, my car has serious problem so I have to rebuilt the entire front end suspension myself. That takes up at least a couple of hours everyday after I come home from work. I am hoping I can finish it by this weekend. I'll need a vacation after all these said and done. Got any suggestion where can I go?? ;)

Hershey is about 2 hours away from me. It's really not that far. I was there a few weeks ago. Yes. So far, this summer has been cool around 70s in day time and 50s in night time. I love it. I can tolerate heat that well and I have no A/C at my house.

I will continue work on my photobook once my daily routine free up a bit. Hopefully, I can post some update as well.

Wow that does sound like you've been super busy at work. That's a good thing though. Sounds like a bunch of stuff I would never understand :laughing:And bummer on the car. Hope you can get it fixed.

Ah yeah that's not too bad. Seems like everyone I know from DIS that's in PA is 2 hours from Hershey. I'm looking fwd to going to the museum. That weather sounds divine!! I'm really looking forward to it. And no A/C in the house? I guess you can get away with that up there but there's no way I could survive w/o it down here. Your summer electricity costs must be so much cheaper than mine. I'm jealous. Come to think of it, my Grandmother that is in Brookville doesn't have A/C in her house either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter