What’s the scoop on Mondays?

MischaOz

DIS Veteran
Greetings! WDW vet here. I’ve been to DL only one day and am planning a more substantial trip for Feb, prob 4 park days. My plan was to visit with local friends over the weekend and be in the parks Mon-Thurs, but I’ve seen some posts on here suggesting that Mondays are a bad time to go? Am I better off trying to rearrange so I’m not there on a Mon? This would be a random Monday in Feb, no holiday. Thanks!!

Ive only been on one recent Monday myself and it was decidedly bad. I think the problem with Mondays is that many out-of-town visitors take three-day weekends at DL with the expectation that Monday will be very light. With so many people thinking that, the park becomes a nightmare. It’s also possible that many locals have similar expectations. In short, if it were me, I’d try for another day. I go most Sundays and crowds are often very tolerable. Indeed, lately they’ve been pretty good.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Mondays are consistently very crowded. In August I went with a friend on a Sunday and it was great. The next day she went with her daughter and said it was terribly crowded.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I’ll have to give this some thought!

The other thing to consider is if you would like to see nighttime entertainment like fireworks and Fantasmic they are only shown on the weekends in the off season.

I didn't feel this past monday was that bad. I was expecting it to be awful but it was surprisingly light to me in comparison to the weekend days before it. I did notice at times Disney reduced staffing during the week days which made lines a lot longer than they should have been at a few places but overall I was pleasantly surprised with crowds during the week days and security lines. It was still crowded, as always, but for Disneyland it wasn't that bad to me.

I didn't feel this past monday was that bad. I was expecting it to be awful but it was surprisingly light to me in comparison to the weekend days before it. I did notice at times Disney reduced staffing during the week days which made lines a lot longer than they should have been at a few places but overall I was pleasantly surprised with crowds during the week days and security lines. It was still crowded, as always, but for Disneyland it wasn't that bad to me.

We tend to forget about the staffing being reduced on week days, which in turns leads to vehicle reduction....so good observation

We were there this past Mon - Wed...Tuesday was by far the worst, and still not bad at all. That may have had more to do with parties? Wednesday the worst wait time I saw was 35 mins at RSR. Guardians was walk on in 5-10 mins all day. With MaxPass we got on just about everything immediately.

Monday 3 weeks ago was less crowded than the Saturday. Still lots of people of course but worse than the weekend

We tend to forget about the staffing being reduced on week days, which in turns leads to vehicle reduction....so good observation

Not just attractions but also at restaurants. We ate at Plaza Inn on Saturday afternoon and I remember there were two cashiers ringing people up on each side and seeming endless people behind the counter preparing food. But later during the week we went back at the same time of the day but it took us twice as long because there was only one person preparing the food and only one person ringing people up on each side. It took us probably 25 minutes to get the food and pay for it on a week day that wasn't crowded compared to less than 15 on a crowded Saturday. We had the same experience at other places as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter