What’s the delay for signing?

I am in the process of purchasing a contract. Made offer 7/28/21 received a counter offer which I accepted all papers were signed and sent to rofr 7/29/21. I passed 8/26/21 and sent payment to the escrow company they received in 9/1/21. I still have not been notified that the sellers have sent back their closing papers. I emailed the escrow co (Cammy) last monday and she said the sellers apologized in their delay of signing and would be sending everything right out. I have not heard anything about the closing which is supposed to be by the 30th of September. So I guess I just wanted to know if anyone else is dealing with this kind of delay and why do you think this is happening?

I am in the process of purchasing a contract. Made offer 7/28/21 received a counter offer which I accepted all papers were signed and sent to rofr 7/29/21. I passed 8/26/21 and sent payment to the escrow company they received in 9/1/21. I still have not been notified that the sellers have sent back their closing papers. I emailed the escrow co (Cammy) last monday and she said the sellers apologized in their delay of signing and would be sending everything right out. I have not heard anything about the closing which is supposed to be by the 30th of September. So I guess I just wanted to know if anyone else is dealing with this kind of delay and why do you think this is happening?
Are they international?

Maybe they're teachers; back to school season is really busy.
Maybe they're in healthcare and working extra shifts.
Maybe they need the papers notarized, and appointments were unavailable until this week.
Maybe they were ill.
Maybe they needed to bring additional funds for closing, and they were obtaining them.
Maybe the email about closing went to their spam box and they didn't see it.
Maybe.....

It's hard to say what the reason for the delay is; there are so many possibilities.

I've been through this several times. I am in the midst of it now. My sellers are from Alaska and finally sent the closing papers in, but my closing company didn't notify me! It is not my typical agent, but I've used this company at least ten times. Closing was supposed to be in August.

I paid the balance this week when I was notified and it hasn't hit my credit card yet. Your situation is why I don't pay until I have notification...however, this time, it was a combination of slow sellers and the title company dropped the ball by not notifying me. I've been in touch with the broker, whom I am letting deal with it.

All types of situations can happen with resale. I have had to threaten to walk several times, and both times, papers appeared. You have another week, so sit tight. Good luck!

I've been through this several times. I am in the midst of it now. My sellers are from Alaska and finally sent the closing papers in, but my closing company didn't notify me! It is not my typical agent, but I've used this company at least ten times. Closing was supposed to be in August.

I paid the balance this week when I was notified and it hasn't hit my credit card yet. Your situation is why I don't pay until I have notification...however, this time, it was a combination of slow sellers and the title company dropped the ball by not notifying me. I've been in touch with the broker, whom I am letting deal with it.

All types of situations can happen with resale. I have had to threaten to walk several times, and both times, papers appeared. You have another week, so sit tight. Good luck!

You are able to pay for your resale contract with a credit card?? I’ve only been able to just for the initial deposit for all my contracts so far.

Thanks! I get it, life is full of delays and issues. We all have them, I currently am trying to sell my dads house ( he passed away in April) the buyers tried two lenders and were unable to secure the loan, kept us hanging for three months, only to have to put the house back on the market. I would be fine with a legitimate bit of information instead of thinking they may want me to back out to get a better price

You are able to pay for your resale contract with a credit card?? I’ve only been able to just for the initial deposit for all my contracts so far.
Yes, to $5000 total including deposit and final payment. I pay the balance by bank check. I always confirm how I will pay with my initial offer! I always use the same title company.

The sellers on my recent purchase took 25 days to return their documents. After two weeks I contacted the title company, who contacted the sellers. They were traveling, and gave a date they would return them. They did send them exactly when they said they would.

It was so hard to wait even when I had a date. Now after the closing is the endless wait to get my points!

Last edited:
The sellers on my recent purchase took 25 days to return their documents. After two weeks I contacted the title company, who contacted the sellers. They were traveling, and gave a date they would return them. They did send them exactly when they said they would.

It was so hard to wait even when I had a date. Now after the closing is the endless wait to get my points!
I’m glad to hear your getting close to the end! I hope your points are posted ASAP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter