What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Last night it was a spinach and Gruyère cheese omelette with tomatoes on the side.
Tonight, gotta eat up the rest of those defrosted burgers. Want to move past the garden variety but will need to check in the fridge and see what would make tasty add-ons. It’s early so I’ve time to figure it out 🙂

Correction: Discovered there was a pop up Vegan street fair down the street from me. Bought a “chicken” gyro home with me and added cukes, tomatoes, roasted red peppers and more romaine lettuce to it. Nice change of pace!
The burger patty will hold until tomorrow.

Last edited:
I went to a cook out today. Everyone brought food and we had a lot of options.

I brought a cheese plate with everything Gouda, champagne cheddar, and Europa (local cheese that won best cheese in the US last year) pepperoni, honeycomb, grapes and crackers, a pesto pasta salad, and Christmas cookies (legit frozen and left over from the holidays. There were cheers when I put them out 😂)

They also served:
Wings
Burgers
Chicken satay skewers with peanut sauce
Hot dogs
Caesar pasta salad
Green salad
Beans
Watermelon, blueberry, mozzarella, and basil salad
Banana split no bake cake

today the family will be over for lunch and swimming (and DS will set up my new printer).

We will grill burgers. Also having corn on the cob, watermelon, strawberries, a couple kinds of chips, 2 kinds of salads and ice cream with toppings and rice crispie treats for dessert

It rained or threatened to all day 😞 .
Had settled on burgers and homemade cole slaw as traditional Memorial Day fare but decided to go off in another direction; made twice cooked pork tenderloin with smothered cabbage, ‘shrooms and carrots. Wow! Just wow. Staying on rotation with different variations for the summer. Poached pears in red wine for dessert.

My dad’s favorite meal is hamburgers and hotdogs with typical sides so I invited him over for the holiday. Today’s sides were cowboy beans, fruit salad and my mom’s potato salad recipe. He brought ice cream for dessert from Bruster’s. I sent him home with leftovers for a couple of meals. We’ll probably do the same meal again for him in a couple of weeks for Father’s Day and then a few weeks after that for his birthday.

My DH also loves that meal so both of them were happy today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter