Whale from Pinnochio?

Figaro30

Proud to be an American
I was in Disneyland 1x and I vaguely remember a Whale in the middle of the park? Am I remembering right?? If so, you could walk into it, right? What was inside?

figaro1.jpg

'81 - Cont.
'88 - Disneyland
'89 - Maingate East
'91 - CBR
'94 - CBR
'95 - CBR
'98 - BC
'00 - WL
'01 - OKW

If I remember correctly, the boats that tour Storybookland glide into the whale's mouth at the start of the ride.

<font color=blue>
<font face="Alaska">"It's the time of your life, so live it well..."

Greg K.
Forest Hills, NY
<font color=maroon>
Grand Floridian: '96,'97,'99
Disneyland Hotel: '00 </font>

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>That's the whale, & it's still there. You can only go through it by riding the Storybook Land Canal Boats. (My ds refused to ride that when he was little because he didn't want to go in the whale's mouth. lol)

My early memories of that was being thrilled to see the whale's eye open, and to see him blow water out of his blow hole. :)

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland & Techie Boards Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My DL Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Font Hints

Glad to hear the whale is still there. My aunt and I have had our pix taken with Mr. Whale in the background for every trip we have done DL together.

MaryJo, tell your ds he's not alone. I went on that 45 years ago when I was 4 and it scared the bejeezus out of me! I screamed my head off when we got 'swallowed', and never did see any of Storybookland....

I'm over it now...mostly.... :)

'We're all here because we're not all there!'
Bucky LaRue

Disneyland 1956,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,70,75,77,78,84,86,89,99
WDW 79,81,83,91,92,94,95,96(3x),97,98,99,00
Next trips: 12/01 BWV; 3/02 Grand Californian

there is a quick, but nice view of the whale, in the "Disneyland Fun" video. I love this sing along video, it also shows the People Mover, and Sky Buckets that no longer exists. And, it shows TL prior to the remodel. For $10 it is a must have !

stpat2.gif

Join us at the
Boise DIS meet
on Saint Paddy's day !
E-mail me for more info...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter