Westgate TS presentation - is it really THAT BAD

1leigha

Earning My Ears
Going in Oct, stumbled across the Westgate 4 day / 3 night "deal" with the Touch of Magic Tickets - for sitting through the sales pitch. We only have 3 days - stopping off in Orlando on the way to Tampa for a wedding - so I am fine with the non-upgradeble tickets, I am fine with the non-park hopper tickets (we never park hop, even when we have paid for it) and I am fine with the 3rd park day being a waterpark - I see it as a bonus since we were only planning on 2 days. We would save around $400 with this "offer" vs what I was looking at to stay on site (I am also fine staying offsite, we have done it both ways and don't have a preference). I am an attorney and perfectly comfortable with bullying someone that is trying to bully me - I have done timeshare presentations (w/o buying) before - so my question is, is this one really that bad and that much worse than others?

Going in Oct, stumbled across the Westgate 4 day / 3 night "deal" with the Touch of Magic Tickets - for sitting through the sales pitch. We only have 3 days - stopping off in Orlando on the way to Tampa for a wedding - so I am fine with the non-upgradeble tickets, I am fine with the non-park hopper tickets (we never park hop, even when we have paid for it) and I am fine with the 3rd park day being a waterpark - I see it as a bonus since we were only planning on 2 days. We would save around $400 with this "offer" vs what I was looking at to stay on site (I am also fine staying offsite, we have done it both ways and don't have a preference). I am an attorney and perfectly comfortable with bullying someone that is trying to bully me - I have done timeshare presentations (w/o buying) before - so my question is, is this one really that bad and that much worse than others?

Its bad and they are rude, if you only have a short amount of time: don't do it. We were there over 4 hours and had to fight for our tickets.

- so my question is, is this one really that bad and that much worse than others?

The short answer... Yes.

I've sat through several of these presentations and Westgate was the worst. Be ready to say no again and again and again and again. Be ready to be guilt-tripped. Plan 4 hrs and and pray for 3.

I'm a big fan of the Town Center for it's villas and amenities. I only go there when I am guaranteed I will not have to sit through a sales presentation.

I will pile on too. Westgate is horrible and rude. It is a fight with them over everything. Expect three to four hours. I am a time share junkie and have Been on lots of tours - I bought at DVC, Bluegreen and Wyndham. Westgate wears me out.

Watch the Queen of Versailles documentary. It will absolutely turn you off of All Things Westgate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter