Westgate Lakes...am in panic mode!!

It's all relative. Don't go with any pre-conceived notions, but do go with the ideas set forth into how to get out of it should things start to get hot. Personally, even if I was interested inthe property I would not let the salesperson know - I wouldn't do it buying a car, house, etc. That is really not in your best interests in getting offered the best price by any salesperson.

As for westgatesucks.com, there is also a paypalsucks.com. Now, I agree that paypal sucks, but I'm way outnumbered by the people that think it's a gift from above.

So, just go with no bad thoughts, etc. Do what you have to do to get what I'm sure is a super vacation deal. Once you leave you can forget all about it and focus on what a great time you had in the parks, etc.

Let us know how it goes!

Bella the Ball 360 said:
You know, I know some people might have a good experince at Westgate or any other resort posted on these boards despite the fact that they get very poor reviews. BUT I also sometimes wonder if the GOOD reports are actually posted by the resort itself under an " assumed" identity.

Well, this is not the case for me. I am not saying you have any implication. It is also for fairness when I saw a poor review while I do not have a bad experience. Have anyone wondered that there were really salesperson who is trying to make a sale and not trying to use the pressure?

In fact, after posting, I started to think why I didn't feel the pressure and whether we have double standard but was to tired to post. I didn't feel the pressure, I think we went with the attitude that "convince me" which he failed. As far as double standard, I saw the discussion on people concerned about Disney losing money because of the free dinning and people using the loophole to pool credits, we discussed the amount of tips we pay to the wait person because they do not make the minimum wage. Have we considered that the salesperson was there trying to make a living? I looked back at the salesperson who worked with us, he may have kids, but decided to go to work on a Saturday morning, if he happened to get two families who went for the sole purpose of getting the freebies and prepared to say no upfront, how much would he make? I really did feel sorry we didn't buy from him (but it is just me)

Bella the Ball 360 said:
I have never been to Westgate but when there is actually a website that says westgatesucks.com ...well that says it all.
As RichNkatHolly pointed out there is also a paypalsuchs.com. In fact, when I read the westgatesucks.com, I have the feeling that she was more upset because she did not get the room she believed she would get.

Bella the Ball 360 said:
I can say I have been to Liki Tiki and cannot understand how some people could post the glowing reports that they do. I know different people have different expectations but still sometimes I have this nagging feeling that it may not be "genuine" Dis'ers who post good things about bad places.
These boards reach a huge amount of subscribers and what better way to get free advertising to target users?

Anyone else ever wonder this?

I read tripadvisor before I went to VA last month, I had the same feeling that some of the reports may be from the resort employees themselves as majoring of the review are bad. But it was a cheap stay, around $410 for a 2 bedroom I got from skyauction, hence I prepared DH for the worse, told him the place could be really dirty etc, I even suggested to bring the pillow etc and he did. I was quite suprise with the resort and the amenities they offered. But I considered it was luck.

Probably I may have a different opinion when I have a bad experience, but the westgate experience was the second timeshare presentation I attended. The first one was years ago in a ski resort that we liked, we didn't even know there should be freebie for attending the presentation and didn't get any. We were sent from one salesperson to another, the price did go down a lot, but between DH and I, we like to debate our discussion and he like to argue on numbers, hence we didn't buy as well.

RichNKatHolly said:
It's all relative. Don't go with any pre-conceived notions, but do go with the ideas set forth into how to get out of it should things start to get hot.

I agreed. I read about how to get out of the presentation from this board before I went. I was prepared to keep my kids with me, but I thought I should give them a chance. I didn't take the breakfast, while DH and the kids went to get breakfast, he told us he would come back later, then I went with the flow. He offered to bring us to see the property, I prepared DH that if it were far we should take our car, but it was a golf cart ride and close to whether we stay.

I own at Westgate and I dislike them.

they constantly called me and were very, very disagreeable. I don't like anyone who lies to me. Westgate from the first has constantly lied to me.

as I have say before if the rooms were perfect then why would anyone go to a 'maintence meeting'

the thing I think is so sad. Is Westgate has some of the nicest rooms around.

if they do the proper maintence and quit bugging the 'h' of people - then it would get some of the best reviews not the worst.

as long was it continues to hassle people on their "VACATION" westgate will have one of the worst reputations around. It deserves it!!!

that is how I feel - it is great if your if your situation is different. I am going in November. I will definitely be back to report how it went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter