West Nile Virus?

Really? You were diagnosed with West Nile??

Yes. I am on immuno suppressant (can't spell!) medication so they think that's why I got it. Have been to Orlando loads of times before and have never thought to use DEET but next time will cover myself in it!!

We're here now and I've gotten a few bites on my legs. I'm pretty sure I got them while waiting for the boat back to the Floridian one night. There was a swarm ofthem flying around the loading ramp.

My daughter got bitten while we waited for Wishes, on the bridge closest to the castle on the Tomorrowland side. That happened last week!

WNV is indeed in New England - here's a link to the CDC map:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnile/Mapsactivity/surv&control12MapsAnybyState.htm

Bring the repellent - I'd suggest the wipes, easier to tote around.

My town has had mosquito's test positive for WNV and EEE..awesome.luckily no one in my house has even had a single bite so far. We've stayed inside once dusk hits and have stayed away from most water sources.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter