We're Going to Paris! February 2019 Exercise Challenge

Bienvenue à Paris!!!!

view-of-eiffel-tower-717173895-5b08511a3de4230037726976.jpg

After a very comfortable flight and some delicious French food mid-air, we've landed at Paris Orly.

la-compagnie-boeing-757-200-cdg-rf-5k5a2689.jpg

Our plane.

POA.jpg

Paris-Orly Airport

I agree about flying in the front of the bus! It’s so hard to go back to reality! I’ve looked at La Compagnie - seems like a nice way to fly.
30/500 yesterday, weights and yoga in front of the tv, too! Hoping to get in some long walks this week - we’re expecting spring temperatures

80 minute hike today; we saw 7 deer! Bambi entered my thoughts.

I see at least 7 deer every day in my backyard - they’re beautiful but they do so much damage. One day, there were 25 just hanging out! And I’m not in the country! We often have to wait for them to move off the driveway so we can pull in. It’s crazy!

I agree about flying in the front of the bus! It’s so hard to go back to reality! I’ve looked at La Compagnie - seems like a nice way to fly.
30/500 yesterday, weights and yoga in front of the tv, too! Hoping to get in some long walks this week - we’re expecting spring temperatures

I hope you do get those spring temps soon. We're certainly enjoying them. It's a nice change.

P.S. I just saw your note about the deer in your area. That's a lot of deer on your property! I've noticed this year that I've started seeing one or two deer grazing in the medians or in someone's front yard in our town but nothing close to those numbers. The developers here are clearing so much of the forested habitat that it wouldn't surprise me if we do start seeing frequent large numbers in residential areas, though. The Lorax would not approve.

Last edited:
How fun!!! So you will have to help me out and make sure the info I have is correct.

Perfect timing, then!!!!! We're heading to London in October. I'm so very tempted to add in a day or so in Paris, but we are hoping to visit there when our daughter graduates high school so waiting might be best. Decisions, decisions . . .

It’s so easy to get to Paris for a day - the Eurostar is great. A day in Paris is worth it, and would whet your appetite to return! We’ll be there in October too, at the end of a river cruise to celebrate our 40th anniversary.

Friday - 30 Elliptical + 20 Strength Training
Saturday - 40 Elliptical + 20 Strength Training
Sunday - 40 Elliptical + 20 Strength Training

170/1400

Wow! We have a lot of blue on the board today. Congrats to me (Twilight Sparkle), MikeNamez, piglet1979, BonnieF, Elizabeth Smith, and our TEAM for reaching dans l'air bleu! :flower1::flower1::flower1:

The Magical Shuttle also services Paris-Orly airport, so let's hop on that and head towards Disneyland Paris!!!! Ears on, everyone!

passagers-Magical-Shuttle-900x450.jpg

Time for a group vote. Where should the shuttle take us? Here is the scoop on the Disneyland Paris hotels:

https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/hotels/

Everyone vote for one, and we will see where we end up.

The location sounds great to me, so I'll vote for Disneyland Hotel.

Hello! @Twilight Sparkle , what an awesome idea for this month! I love exercising my imagination, especially for a Disney Trip!
I'm in for 600 this month. Got a 25 min walk on Friday, a 15 minute bike ride Saturday, and a 20 minute walk today.
60/600

Bonjour! Great to have you along again and so glad you like the theme! Excellent start to the month!!!

Forgot to check in a couple days ago - not sure what my goal is because this is our big trip month... I usually only count exercise minutes, not "active" minutes, so lets call it 500 minutes for the month.

Off to a good start with an 80 min walk yesterday & 65 minutes today - first time it's been above freezing in forever so I got out and did some nice long walks!

145/500

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!