We're Changing The Plan Again?? You mean there's a Plan? New TR Posted/Link Posted

Yikes.. I've fallen behind already!

What a great MK morning for waits. Not so much for contacts. :sad2: I can't believe PPF was still at such a short line though! :thumbsup2

Fantasyland in under an hour = awesome! I so want to ride Snow White, but my kids just won't go for it.

I can't believe Peter Pan only had a 10 minute wait. That is excellent!

I hate it when my contacts get blurry. I am glad you were able to fix it.

My word! I can't believe how much you have gotten done in so little time. :woohoo: You go girl....and boys. :laughing:

I was in the same situation as you guys. I wanted to make sure that my mother got to see and do as much as we could because I don't think she'll be going back any time soon.

I seriously have learned that if you get to that park for the opening, you can do about half of the park before noon -- which is awesome! :banana: Despite your issue with the contact (sorry), I would say this is a dream-day, so far!

And, for some reason, I do not remember ever seeing that stand-alone Dumbo!

I love how easy-going your family is. :goodvibes

And you beat the crowds too! I love it and i think that is why I have become a "Rope Drop Lover"!! :goodvibes

I saw the Dumbo on another TR from last year and actually forgot about it but then all of a sudden there he was in front of me! I had to grab the opportunity!

Yikes.. I've fallen behind already!

What a great MK morning for waits. Not so much for contacts. :sad2: I can't believe PPF was still at such a short line though! :thumbsup2

I seem to stay behind on TRs so very understandable! PPF was unbelievable! I couldn't believe it either!

Joining in! Can't wait to hear more!:goodvibes

Welcome!! :welcome: So glad to have you joining in!! :yay:

Fantasyland in under an hour = awesome! I so want to ride Snow White, but my kids just won't go for it.

I can't believe Peter Pan only had a 10 minute wait. That is excellent!

I hate it when my contacts get blurry. I am glad you were able to fix it.

Perhaps you could give them a guilt trip?? :laughing: It ry that but it doesn't always work...:confused3

My contacts were really getting on my nerves because I kept having to stop to fix them. Once would not have been bad, but threee times!? That was annoying! :)

My word! I can't believe how much you have gotten done in so little time. :woohoo: You go girl....and boys. :laughing:

I was in the same situation as you guys. I wanted to make sure that my mother got to see and do as much as we could because I don't think she'll be going back any time soon.

I could not believe how much I was getting done either! We were flying through things yet we weren't rushing...just getting it all done!

There were a few things we missed that I really wanted my mom to do/see. Now that I am writing this TR I feel remorse that I let it slip me by! At the time it wasn't that big of a deal. Maybe I should remember that as I write! :)

I am sitting here trying to contemplate how it can possibly be almost July!?! Our trip is now a month over :sad1:....time is flying by! I must say, though, that with this heat...I am so ready for October!! Whew! It is a scorcher this year!!

And now back to my TR!! :goodvibes I left off with us leaving Fantasyland and heading into...Frontierland! Now why we didn't head to Haunted Mansion is unclear to me now. The wait wasn't too long and I love that ride but instead we took a right. Madison and Chris...Madison is happy to be "punished" but Chris is sad....Is one more devious than the other??? :confused3

IMG_1362.jpg

And then we found the "Liberty Bell". I have never lingered through this area so we took advantage...

IMG_1363.jpg

It is really hard to tell from the above pictures, but the area was still pretty empty! We then headed into the Hall of Presidents-which was a first for all of us. We had about a 15-20 minute wait. Funny that the longest wait this morning was at the Hall of Presidents!!

While waiting we took some pictures:

IMG_1364.jpg

We commented about the fact that the White House allowed the seal in this area. Then this past weekend I read that WDW actually did receive special permission to place this seal here. I guess a picture of it is okay to post??? :confused3

IMG_1365.jpg

The first President that I actually remember. The thing I remember most is that when I was in 2nd grade he was shot.

Ronald Reagan

IMG_1366.jpg

There were several High School bands performing that weekend. Since Madison will be going with her band next year, I snapped this picture in honor of her upcoming trip...

IMG_1367.jpg

And then I took a lot of dumb random pictures that I will not bore you with but this wait was getting super long!! I hope the show is worth it!! To give you an idea, though, of how bored I was....

IMG_1370.jpg

And then finally we were allowed in!! I covered my camera display and tried to get a few flashless pictures. Madison scolded me but I told her they said "No Flash Photography" which I assume means if the lights are all off, picture taking is okay. Other places will say "No Photography" if none is allowed. There is nothing like being scolded by your 15 year old daughter!!

IMG_1374.jpg

So after our longest wait yet, was it worth it? I would say yes since I have never seen HOP before. It would not be on the tops of my list but we do love history and I felt that it was pretty good for a place known for its entertainment value!

The only thing not done but on The Plan for pre-lunch was The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. The line was a little congested and after a very short discussion, no one was really very interested anyway. I only had it planned so my mom could see it so we nixed this attraction and never attempted again on our trip!

By this time it is 10:50am and our morning plans are completely done!! :woohoo: Lunch reservations are not until 1pm so what to do????? We have those Fast Passes for Space Mountain!! So we head to

IMG_1377.jpg

We walk all the way to Tomorrowland...in the heat....around the crowds....to find out that Space is down!! What!?!? Chris goes to find out the wait time and the CM says 5 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. Uhm, okay....I can see 5 mins to 20 mins or 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours but 5 mins to 1 1/2 hours?? That is a pretty huge gap of time! Well, it is Fast Passes we are using so we decide to find something else to do!!

Up next: What to do with 1 1/2 hours of "free" time????

What an awesome morning you guys had, too funny that the HOP was your longest wait.

That's too bad that Space was down, but hopefully you guys were able to use your fastpasses later on.

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

I love your Mickey painted toes!! I may have to try that!

Your daughter reminds me of my neice--so sweet that she's smiling in all of the photos--that's awesome for a teenager!!:)

What an awesome morning you guys had, too funny that the HOP was your longest wait.

That's too bad that Space was down, but hopefully you guys were able to use your fastpasses later on.

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

I honestly didn't realize the wait was the longest until I went back and started looking at my notes, but I knew it felt like a long wait!!

Space is one of my favorites and I was really bummed about it being down!

I love your Mickey painted toes!! I may have to try that!

Your daughter reminds me of my neice--so sweet that she's smiling in all of the photos--that's awesome for a teenager!!:)

Thanks on the Mickey toes! It was fun having them the whole trip! I even kept them when I returned to keep the Disney feeling alive...until they looked too shabby!!

I am extremely lucky with Madison. The way she is in the pictures is how she is 90% of the time. I rarely have to put up with teenage girl angst...I hope it stays that way, too! We have a special relationship...probably because we aren't constantly arguing! :rolleyes:

Yes, that is how my neice is. She just turned 19 and finished her first year of college. We all say how lucky my sis-in-law is to have a DD like her. Me on the other hand have a DD10 who already acts like she has teenage angst!;)

I can't believe it is almost July either. I have been so busy since being back from Disney and I can't wait until the fall comes so life can settle down a bit. I hate wishing the summer away, but I am just exhausted.

We keep skipping HOP. I tried to get in there this year but no one wanted to see it. I love that your kids just follow along and are so easy going.

Yay for being done with plans before 11. It must be nice to actually get stuff done at Disney.

I like your Liberty Square pictures. I think it is the one "land" that is easiest to just kind of skip over, but there is some good stuff there.

Hmmm. I wonder what you did with that 1.5 hours. I am guessing some shopping or maybe heading back over to see if Haunted mansion was still a short line.

Yes, that is how my neice is. She just turned 19 and finished her first year of college. We all say how lucky my sis-in-law is to have a DD like her. Me on the other hand have a DD10 who already acts like she has teenage angst!;)

I have lots of friends that deal with so much angst that I am extremely thankful. Your DD is 10 and already showing teenage angst?! Sending out many :hug: to you!! :)

I can't believe it is almost July either. I have been so busy since being back from Disney and I can't wait until the fall comes so life can settle down a bit. I hate wishing the summer away, but I am just exhausted.

We keep skipping HOP. I tried to get in there this year but no one wanted to see it. I love that your kids just follow along and are so easy going.

Yay for being done with plans before 11. It must be nice to actually get stuff done at Disney.

I keep trying to remind myself that wishing the summer away is liek wishing your life away and it already goes so fast but man when it is non-stop going you do become so exhausted!!

My kids and mom were both very easy going....Keith has not entered the picture yet...:rolleyes1 You will begin hearing things very similar to your own TR!! ;)

I like your Liberty Square pictures. I think it is the one "land" that is easiest to just kind of skip over, but there is some good stuff there.

Hmmm. I wonder what you did with that 1.5 hours. I am guessing some shopping or maybe heading back over to see if Haunted mansion was still a short line.

I know! Libertyland just seems to blend in or something. You make a beeline for Haunted Mansion and then out to Frontierland or fantasy land. I was glad to enjoy this area more on this trip!

Hmmm...we did head in that direction....:rolleyes1 I'll try not to extend the suspense much longer!

I love the random pictures! Anything to entertain in line , right!

Definitely! Keith and the kids make fun of me because I will take pictures of whatever when I get bored. I have pictures of everything from cloud formations to bugs!! There will be lots more random pictures scattered in this report!!

I have lots of friends that deal with so much angst that I am extremely thankful. Your DD is 10 and already showing teenage angst?! Sending out many :hug: to you!! :)

Well, she's a good girl mostly and can be very sweet but she does have her moments. At least she's not trying to BE a teenager as of yet like some of her friends. She and her little sister play with Barbies everday. Her little sister is more of my easy going one. It's all good though!:goodvibes

Well, she's a good girl mostly and can be very sweet but she does have her moments. At least she's not trying to BE a teenager as of yet like some of her friends. She and her little sister play with Barbies everday. Her little sister is more of my easy going one. It's all good though!:goodvibes

That is awesome that she is still into Barbies and such!! It seems like kids grow up so fast these days!

I believe when I last left you, I left you hanging about our next destination! We were disappointed that Space was down but planned to try again later. So we began to walk all the way back across the park.

We stopped for a Photopass photo op and I snapped this picture:

IMG_1379.jpg

My Photopass cd is in the mail so I will catch up on those when it comes in.

I also took this picture because we will be eating here soon!!!

IMG_1380.jpg

So obviously we are going back to where we came from but just what did we choose to do??

Well one hint

IMG_1381.jpg

We still do not really have a plan though. We are pretty much just meandering along saying to one another "What do you want to do?" We send Chris off to get FastPasses for Splash Mtn and then we decide our next destination. While waiting we see a Photopass person by those spitting statue thingies--which I will post when the cd comes in.

Then Chris returns and we jump into the 10 minute line for

IMG_1385.jpg

Some pictures in the queue:

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

Our boat:

IMG_1389.jpg

The sign had said the wait was 10 minutes but it was more like 5 minutes!!

And then we are off!! Okay so, yes this is a pretty lame ride and the jokes are so corny but I :lovestruc it!! Maybe because it is one of the first Disney rides I remember as a kid or maybe because I am into corny jokes but it makes me laugh. Unfortunately I am one of the few chuckling over the corny jokes. A lot of the commentary was different this time.

Pictures from our cruise:

IMG_1390.jpg

The Plastic snake....this joke was left out:

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

And a friend pointed out just today that this is a bit morbid for Disney World....Feasting on Zebra....

IMG_1393.jpg

This was something about "getting to the point"

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

We did see the backside of water and our guide also pointed out her favorite plants..."this one and that one and that one over there".

IMG_1396.jpg

Then we enter into the tunnel...they also did not say the joke about where it may lead.....where the punch line is "Who am I kidding, this is Disney...it leads to a gift shop!"

IMG_1397.jpg

And finally we entered the elephant area where the elephants are bathing...but we are safe since they "have their trunks on"!!

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

Our guide was a very sweet girl and did a good job! Thank you for suffering through this part while I indulge my "corny" side!!

We exit Jungle Cruise and make a very deliberate walk to:

IMG_1407.jpg

This is another walk-on!! The longest part of the wait was walking to the loading area!!

IMG_1401.jpg

I attempted a few bad pictures that were deleted due to their awfulness...so imagine some lovely pictures of Captain Jack Sparrow and pillaging pirates here!

After our adventures with the pirates we walk back out...I take one picture and then we head back to Space...will it be operating???

IMG_1408.jpg

Okay this is a good sign!! (but not a good picture!)

IMG_1409.jpg

Another good sign!

IMG_1410.jpg

It is looking promising!!

IMG_1412.jpg

We are next!!!

IMG_1413.jpg

This is a very good sign!! We are loaded!!!

IMG_1414.jpg

The tunnel!! We are off!!

IMG_1415.jpg

Where this is taken!!

IMG_1418.jpg

And then...................

IMG_1416.jpg

Yes! The lights flicker on!! Let me just say this ride is ENTIRELY different with the lights on!! I was laughing so hysterically that tears were pouring down my face! It was really a lot of fun but definitely changes how you see Space Mtn forever!! At some points you see buckets and mops on the floor. It is really a very interesting ride!!

So we got to ride Space Mtn what next? Time for lunch!!!

Oh and let me add that they gave us new Fast Passes since our ride was messed up!! Score!!!

Making our way to The Crystal Palace we made a few pit stops since we still had about 40 minutes until our 1pm reservation.

This is one of my favorite castle views!

IMG_1421.jpg

And a Photopass opportunity!! Picture to come at a later time....

That street party thing was going on so we skirted around the crowds but I managed a few walk-by shots:

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

Main Street USA

IMG_1425.jpg

And then we head to check-in at the Crystal Palace!! I will leave lunch to a post all on its own...So obviously no cliffhanger here! Of course I have been building up to our lunch reservations, so I guess that is no surprise. But how will 4 "grown-ups" like a character meal with Winnie the Pooh and Gang??

Great wait times!

Mops and buckets ? I wonder if it had been closed earlier because someone got sick? I imagine it's much less intense with the lights on. That's nice that they gave you the bonus FP!

Oh well. I was close - you did go back across the park, but not to HM. ;)

I am usually the only one laughing on the Jungle Cruise too. My kids are too young to get the jokes and most people don't seem to listen. :confused3

I agree about the queue at Pirates. It is quite a hike back there!

How awesome that you got bonus Space fps! That was great.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your lunch since we love CP so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter