Well...

StitchGirl88

<font color=deeppink>Loves Disney!<br><font color=
you know how i was saying they didn't find diabetes well the hospital told me that but i went to the dr.s yesterday and i am now one a diabetes pill and have type 2 diabetes!! sorry had to get that off my chest for those of you that have diabetes what all works for you? like diets, exercise and all that stuff!!thanks in advance!!

I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this, but it IS controlable, and I know you can do it!::yes:: Many of us are familiar with diabetes, either first hand or through a close loved one. We know what ou are going through and will be her to support you as you learn how to live with diabetes. Take care sweetie!

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

Oh! As for what works: Walking 30 mins/day helps tremendously. Obviously limiting your carbs is a very important menu change. It isn't impossible. First thing you need to do is stop eating french fries, potato chips, you know, all the normal teenage fare. :( Sorry, but that is what helps. Make sure you check your sugar often to see how your body reacts to certain foods, and exercise. One other thing. You need to get quality rest. Nothing shoots the blood sugar up like a bad nights sleep. What meds are you on? Make sure you take them sweetie. Some of these drugs can cause some unpleasant side effects, but they will go away in a week or so. Keep in touch with your DR. He/she is a very valuable resource. Like I said, lots of us have experience with this. Keep asking questions Samie.

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

My husband has controlled his typeII diabetes by following the Atkins way of eating. Essentially this means he no longer eats white flour or sugar, ever.

Up your exercise and that will help immensely but eliminating refind carbohydrates from your diet will help a lot too.

:hug: :hug: Don't have any advice on controlling diabetes, but I wanted to say hang in there! This is very do-able and we're all here for you!

Your school may have a dietician that will help you work out a good plan for school hours and cafeteria food, etc. I know at our school the food service director is a registered dietician and she helps work out options for kids with diabetes, food allergies, etc. Hopefully, your school will have someone, too.

Hey Stitch,
I can't add anything much more than what's been said so well in the previous posts, but please know I'm thinking of you and throwing a little:wizard: pixie dust your way. Hang in there; it's tough news to hit for anyone, but harder when you are young and feeling invincible I think. From your other posts you sound like you have a good attitude and a great heart-we are all behind you!:grouphug:
Kathy

i want to thank all of you for being there i don't know exactly what the medication is called i know it is gluco something and i don't know what the school does really i know i had to bring a dr.'s notice stating i have it and all so i can go to the nurse if need be or the restroom and all that sorry i haven't returned for a while but i was going places and all that so ttyl buh~bye

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!