Well, that didn't go just quite as planned ..... an Aug/Sept 17 Update 07/12

So sorry Michelle wasn't feeling well and had to cancel breakfast. Finishing up at F&W is a plus though! Boo to the Tragical Express! 4 hours is way too early but I understand why Disney errs on the side of dropping off early at the airport. 400 Euros to upgrade to PE?!? Too high at gate...Might have upgraded for less. :) Hopping over to the newest TR!

Jill in CO

We hadn’t lost power like others like our friend Michelle had, so we spent most of the day in front of the TV.

Thank goodness you didn't loose power.

then returned to the main lobby where we ran into Donald who seemed to like my T-shirt.

Great pic glad they had the characters

t was so much good fun to visit our favourite “broken” elevator, that we got right into the standby line again, once we had gotten off.

Best ride EVER!!!

asked at Mama Melrose if they could seat us.

We love Mama Melrose glad they were able to seat you

i-k5m3G2b-L.jpg

Go Tom :thumbsup2

When we passed Echo Lake we were surprised to see it drained.

Disney knows how to prepare

did we venture out and over to Epcot for a few snack bites again.

One of the reasons we love the Epcot resorts

YUM

Margherita Flatbread, Shredded Mozzarella, fresh Tomatoes, Mozzarella Pearls and Balsamic Glace, a helping of

Their flatbreads are surprisingly good

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to check out the wait times and we were amazed to see that the line was not too long, so we hopped in and while we got on the ride the fireworks started and it made for a great experience with the fireworks going off overhead.

Perfect timing we got to experience this once while on Splash Mountain. At the top just before the big drop the fireworks were going off above the castle so beautiful.

So pretty

House-made Gnocci with a rich tomato sauce and some fried basil leaves.

This looks so good

Sometimes getting a couple apps is the way to go especially these.

Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise,

This looks tasty

So we strolled through the Ghirardelli exhibit

I'm always amazed when I see pictures that these are all made of chocolate

Thanks for sharing another great adventure. I love reading your TR.

I really enjoyed your TR! Too bad the hurricane interrupted your trip but it did give you some bonus days - not bad. I am following along on your 2018 vacation!

Boy! You did a lot of updates quickly. I've been so far behind, but at least now I'll be all caught up here!

In the early afternoon we opened a bag of prewashed and cut Romaine lettuce and mixed it with the croutons and dressing that came with it and had that together with some home-made sandwiches for lunch.

I like those Caesar salad kits! I'll buy them at home when I need something easy to go along with some meat or pasta.

There were always updates on the hotel page as well and we were happy to read that by 6pm we were no longer required to stay in our room.

How long did they require you to stay in the room?

t felt so nice to finally eat at a restaurant again, after a few days of in room picnics.

I bet! We went out to Tortilla Jo's last Sunday and it was such a nice break from me cooking dinner every night for the last few weeks.

Wasabi Shumai Steamed Pork Dumplings,

Those look very yummy, too bad they weren't that good.

Traditional Spanish Paella with Shrimp, Mussels, Chicken and Crispy Chorizo. To be honest, after having eaten Paella in Spain this was nowhere near the real thing, very dry Saffron rice with a few pieces of seafood thrown on top, so a once and done.

I'll keep that in mind. We don't have much time at the festival this year, so I'll have to choose my items wisely.

When we passed Beaches and Cream out of curiosity I asked if there was any possibility for an open table in about an hour and low and behold they told us that they had quite a few.

Nice! That's rare, but what a yummy choice!

We were back at our resort, a little after Extra Magic Hours would have ended, but we might not have had such an easy ride back had we stayed to the end

I would rather cut out a little early, either that ir linger very late, so you miss the masses of crowds.

Beef Nachos, Tortilla Chips topped with seasoned ground beef and lettuce, with some, or most of what the Fixin’s Bar had to offer.

That looks like a huge portion!

When we had stopped in at the Boardwalk DVC place a few days earlier they had talked about the new Copper Creek Villas and told us that today we could go to Wilderness Lodge and join a walk through of the new villas.

I would have loved to take a tour like that!

then headed into a one bedroom.

I'm sad to see that the one bedrooms have the soakers tubs, and not jacuzzis.

These cabins are really big and beautifully done, really a great place to stay with a family.

Heck! Looks like a great place to stay with friends! I want to stay in one of those!

Our hearts were set on another first, a Minnie Van.

We tried to do those, but they won't take scooters.

So we got ready and headed downstairs and over to Ariel’s, where we signed in and were immediately taken to a table.

You can tell this TR is a while ago as now Captain's Grille is Ale & Compass.

We were served small samples and boy was that a tasty dish.

Thise look like very tasty samples!

New England Lobster Roll

Yum!

But by then we had to hurry as for the first time we were to use Disney transportation back to the airport. We had signed up for Magical/Tragic Express and after picking up our luggage we were waiting for the bus to arrive.

I'm surprised you had never done this. Then again you usually rent a car don't you?

We walked around the cafeteria area and there were few things that really drew us in, and the ones that were had a pretty long line, so we went with the devil we knew, McDonalds.

:laughing: I know which food court you mean and I don't think I would choose McD's over the other choices. Then again, I'm sure we eat it 100 times more often than you do. Not my favorite place, but usually the most convenient.

We had a few of the potatoes, but they were rather tasteless. Tom and I then tried the roll, which was soft, spread them with the cold butter and put some jam on top. It was edible but not great, but eating passed some time and we were only an hour away from Frankfurt.

Airplane breakfasts are the worst. Then again, now we fly Southwest so all we get is peanuts and chips.

We were still so tired and the sleeping aid had not worn off all the way. I remember us rolling out and taking off, then I must have fallen asleep and we slept through them serving drinks. We only woke up when we were close to our home airport

I suppose that's a good way to spend the time, hopefully you were rested when you got back.

Thank you for sticking with me for such a long time and if you enjoyed this TR, I would love to see you over at my other TR for 2018 (only 4 days done so far, as this baby needed attention still ;) )

Already over there! It will be a while until I finally make an appearance!

Surprising that it was so different at DL.

Actually it was at DHS :laughing:

We are staying at YC and BCV this summer, so I guess a visit to Ample Hill Creamery can be accomplished. ;) :thumbsup2

It will be well worth it!

Finally school is out and I get to finish up this TR.

:banana: Yay for school being out and finishing up the TR!

We hadn’t lost power like others like our friend Michelle had, so we spent most of the day in front of the TV.

I think we did the same, it was fascinating hearing about all the different locations and how each one was hit differently.

Thank you for your wonderful, entertaining and informative report! On my bucket list is a stay at the Wilderness Lodge cabins, so I loved seeing your photos.

I was so glad to hear that after weathering the storm you all seemed to be able to enjoy the parks with much lower crowds. Thunder Mountain is probably my all time favorite and how fun to ride during the fireworks! Yay!

I was actually hoping that when you got home, you would post photos of Austria for us! :flower1: Is it beautiful?

You've been busy! I am all caught up now. Great trip!
It sounds like you guys really didn't have it to bad with the hurricane, which is a good thing.

Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter