We'll have joy, we'll have fun, we'll have Christmas in the sun...TR Complete!

Loved your photo's of Ohana's - it is our favorite character breakfast and a must do on every trip. The cousin thing would have weirded my son out too! John told me to make sure and say hi to Steve, so hi to Steve from John.

I will be sure to pass along the greetings to Steve! We should make that coffee date for the four of us.....I know Steve would very much enjoy the chance to catch up with an old school chum :) .

Hey, what a coincidence! I've been 39 since January! (2002) - okay, so I'm really not rushing things...

Having fun living vicariously through your TR Gina. We'll be back in Orlando for 9 glorious days this March too! That's 8 weeks from TODAY!! Okay the big (39ish, but closer to 50, okay I really am 50) kid can't wait. We still haven't taken in Gatorland, and it still might not make the cut. There's 8 days left on our Disney tickets, and I just picked up 2+1 Uni tickets. We have to make the annual day trip to Sarasota, and everyone wants a day of shopping therapy. Pretty soon we're going to have to start on multi-week vacations.

:rotfl: 39 is a good age, I may have to stay this old for many years myself ;) .

Okay, so I am totally envious of your March Break plans. 8 weeks will fly by in a heartbeat. I would totally love to make our getaways a full two weeks (building in a complete relaxation day here and there among the busy-ness) but our cat would never survive. She misses her Mama too much. But some day..........when I am feline-free......most definitely.

You guys with your upcoming getaways are making me sad. Waaahhhh!!!! Mine's over!!!! :sad2:

And so…….it was mid-afternoon, and we still had some time to enjoy before our much-anticipated 7:00 pm reservation at T-Rex. Downtown Disney, here we come!

2012_0131orlandochristmas0052_zpscf225cf8.jpg

The journey took us a while. No one was surprised, as the cars were streaming thickly toward the Downtown Disney area (probably a large group of these folks were tired of the crowds at the parks and thought they would escape some of the masses at DTD instead). We got a little worried as we pulled by the first parking lot that was posted as full, then the second, then the third……but finally, we got a decent spot around Planet Hollywood and we were all set. Not as bad as we feared, after all!

2012_0131orlandochristmas0054_zps0e9fa407.jpg

While some visitors aren’t really stuck on DTD or have little preference one way or another, we very much enjoy this area. We like the people watching, we like the shopping, we like the “vibe”, so to speak. Our first Orlando vacation was onsite at POR almost 4 years earlier, and during that trip we found ourselves at DTD almost every evening via the water taxi, and we hadn’t made it here on either of the next two getaways. This visit, then, was kind of like “coming home”.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0058_zps00a4094f.jpg

For the first while, we strolled around and admired some of the holiday decorations, Disney-style. The clouds were starting to really roll in, so we figured we’d best do our touring NOW in the event that tomorrow’s forecasted rain arrived a little sooner than expected. The skies were looking pretty heavy!

2012_0131orlandochristmas0066_zps9b11e9ba.jpg

We did a little browsing at the Christmas store, but sadly came out empty handed. For some reason, every darn Disney souvenir in the stores (even the Christmas ornaments) had 2013 on them. This was still 2012. I would be home by 2013. I may not be visiting in 2013. I don’t want a t-shirt, ornament, or otherwise with 2013 on it, I want something that says “2012”. But alas, ‘twas not to be. I wonder when they switched away from the 2012 merchandise, anyway?!?

2012_0131orlandochristmas0071_zpsb4fdcf9d.jpg

2012_0131orlandochristmas0070_zps0f0b08a5.jpg

2012_0131orlandochristmas0069_zps6c43e217.jpg

2012_0131orlandochristmas0068_zps03890471.jpg

More to come!!

With still quite a while left to whittle away before our dinner plans, Steve asked if Jake and I would mind taking a walk down memory lane with him, and hop the water taxi over to POR. He has a particular soft spot for this resort (just not the small rooms) and vows to return someday when we are doing a couples trip after the boy has graduated from college and is no longer able to travel with dear old Mom & Dad. It sounded like a good idea to us, so we were off to the dock and boarded the next boat bound for Port Orleans.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0073_zps6a2cb511.jpg

2012_0131orlandochristmas0074_zps3c8f6491.jpg

The cruise was as leisurely and relaxing as we remembered. And like we remembered, it was a tad cool when the sun started to sink low in the sky. We were glad we brought our jackets.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0082_zpsd030f832.jpg

Arriving at POR, we toured around the lobby and main buildings. Almost nothing had changed since our last visit, which was wonderfully comforting. It was just as cozy and lovely as we had remembered.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0080_zps3320161c.jpg

2012_0131orlandochristmas0081_zps62d7ba79.jpg

The boarding area for a return boat to DTD was quite busy, so we decided not to linger too long (lest we be late for those ressies!) and we got in line for the return trip. It took two boats, but finally we were on. By this time, the sun had long since set and the resort was all sparkly and serene.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0083_zps0d507879.jpg

Havin' a little fun on the boat.....and trying not to blink when the flash goes off!

2012_0131orlandochristmas0088_zps706d2e89.jpg

We stepped off the boat with about 30 minutes to go before our reservation time. We strolled over to T-Rex, and did a little shopping along the way.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0092_zps22fa0f8d.jpg

2012_0131orlandochristmas0057_zps986ce349.jpg

Before we knew it, it was time to check in amidst the holiday chaos (so glad we had reservations …. the wait time for walk-ups was being announced as at least 90 minutes, and I bet it would take 30-45 just to wait in the line to get to the person who could put your name ON the list….wowza!).

Coming up…….dinner in an Ice Cave. Our “expedition” is about to begin!

2012_0131orlandochristmas0094_zps2dd6dd67.jpg

Just thought I'd pop in and see if there were any additions......

I love DTD....seeing those pics really make me miss being there. I don't know if we can actually skip a year or two.

Just thought I'd pop in and see if there were any additions......

I love DTD....seeing those pics really make me miss being there. I don't know if we can actually skip a year or two.

If you decided to do a SW trip, the commute to DTD from any of the SW properties is pretty easy. Aside from the volume of traffic, getting your Disney fix won't be hard at all. :)

I think we should make a date for coffee too.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Will try to get our T-Rex update posted by the end of the day. My house is begging to be dusted and vacuumed, Mother Hubbard's cupboards are empty, and laundry needs washin'.....so once I get caught up on my domestic chores, I am back to trip reporting! ::yes::

Still following along though I miss not having your post on the Canadian Boards. So we share the same anniversary year and I must tell you we spent 2 glorious honeymoon weeks at POR 20 years ago. We rode the boats to DTD almost daily! Of course 20 years ago there was no Saratoga Springs but a golf course that hubby and I played and some sort of training centre/institute for arts.

I love DTD and visit least 2-3 times every trip for my "Disney Fix". I vow that if I win the lottery I'm going to get the Dooney and Burke Disney luggage size bag!!!

If you are sourcing resorts for August, price out Marriott Grand Vista. We love it there and it is a great location! You can also go on any timeshare rental board and see about renting someone's timeshare week there ( sometimes cheaper). We get a 2 bedroom and i can tell you if there wasn't my job back home funding these trips, I'd just forward my mail and stay!

I'll be interested to hear how you liked T-Rex. We found it pricey and food just so so but HUGE portions. It's exactly like Rainforest Cafe to me which I also don't love.

Looking forward to your next post!

If you decided to do a SW trip, the commute to DTD from any of the SW properties is pretty easy. Aside from the volume of traffic, getting your Disney fix won't be hard at all. :)

I pretty much know the whole area .....along I Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Kissimmee etc. (I actually want to live there so I'm filling the steel trap with info:stir:) So yes, WDW is very short drive from SW. We would probably visit DTD a few times....love EoS, WPE and Goofy's WAY too much. I love going there in the morning when it's quieter.

I went back and priced a SW trip again and went as far as the credit card info.....it never said the park passes were length of stay. I'm still liking the idea but my DD....not so much. In fact, I'm liking your report so much that I could see myself copying your whole trip :rotfl2:

If you are sourcing resorts for August, price out Marriott Grand Vista. We love it there and it is a great location! You can also go on any timeshare rental board and see about renting someone's timeshare week there ( sometimes cheaper). We get a 2 bedroom and i can tell you if there wasn't my job back home funding these trips, I'd just forward my mail and stay!

Oooh, I remember you mentioning that one before, and it sounded lovely. I will have to see what kind of a deal I can get.......is there a particular timeshare rental board that you normally use (or have had good luck with)? I need a good price if an August getaway has any hope of panning out!

I went back and priced a SW trip again and went as far as the credit card info.....it never said the park passes were length of stay. I'm still liking the idea but my DD....not so much. In fact, I'm liking your report so much that I could see myself copying your whole trip :rotfl2:

I think the "length of stay" part is listed in the section when it gives you the option to add on Aquatica. If I can find it again later, I will come back and let you know!

lol, is your DD wanting to do Disney instead of SW? Old habits are hard to break ;) . But I am glad my TR is giving you some inspiration!

By the time we arrived back from our cruise down memory lane to POR, the clouds had given up on holding it all in, and it had started to lightly drizzle. The outside of T-Rex was PACKED with people, and we hoped against hope that the huge line formed outside wasn’t for people just checking in for scheduled reservations :scared1:. Luckily, it was not.......it was for walk-ups. Poor folks that would be waiting up to 2 hours to get a table.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0101_zps9c23a1e0.jpg

We were able to check in directly to the side of the little kiosk outside of the restaurant, and then we were directed to a “holding area” on the opposite side of the restaurant from the walk-up line. While it still seemed congested there, surprisingly the line moved fairly fast, and of course there’s lots to look at (being our first time there) so the “waiting” didn’t seem to take long at all.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0103_zps08b68e2b.jpg

Before we knew it, we were being scooped up by a greeter and taken to our table.

We were seated in the Ice Cave, which was blue when we arrived at our table.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0111_zps48383c16.jpg

2012_0131orlandochristmas0104_zps9b93ca00.jpg

Then it was red.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0106_zps0c5e234f.jpg

Then purple. Wow :worship:.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0114_zpsaa2ed9b7.jpg

Let me say, the inside of this restaurant is incredibly themed. We have been to a Rainforest Cafe before (in Niagara Falls) and while it was “okay”, it neither the atmosphere nor the food knocked our socks off. We much preferred the overall effect of T-Rex to the Rainforest Cafe. How would the food measure up?

Our server, apparently, was having some “issues” (perhaps with guests at another table?) so another server came by a couple of times to apologize for the delay in getting someone to tend to our order. Eventually, a very capable and friendly young lady came over to take drink and appetizer requests. While the guys stuck with regular schmegular soda, I opted to give the Shark Water a whirl.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0113_zps3a11e685.jpg

Final verdict: it was okay. A little too coconutty for my taste, but neat to look at. It was nice that we all got to sample something a little different from the norm .

Jake, of course, ordered his fried cheese. And like at TGI Friday’s, he had to test the stretchability of said appetizer (‘cause you know, we have to declare a winner between the two restaurants). While he said it was very, very tasty......TGI’s gets the nod for both overall taste and overall stretchability. For those well behaved little boys and girls reading with your parents, do not try this at home!! :rotfl:

2012_0131orlandochristmas0117_zpsefb55094.jpg

We took a stroll through the building while we waited for our entrees to arrive, taking some additional photos of the other various themed rooms. I really, really liked the aquarium room, and would probably request a seat there on a next visit. I must admit I found the ice cave to be very loud (particularly during the meteor shower), very dark, and the vivid colours changing to be hard on my head.

For those new to my trip reports, I will give you a small bit of back ground. I am a brain tumor survivor (14 years this past Christmas). Following an awake craniotomy in December 1998 to remove an astrocytoma in my right temporal lobe, I was left with a seizure disorder for which I was treated for 10 years. Thanks to an awesome medical team at Toronto Western Hospital, I have lived to see my boy (who was not quite 3 at the time) grow into a young man. Unfortunately, while the body healed almost in its entirety, there are a few little issues that still plague me to this day (and probably will forever). One is a sensitivity to lights, particularly strobe lights and flashing lights. The other is a sensitivity to a change in air pressure. The light issues used to provoke seizures. With all this time passed, both the lighting and the air pressure now usually just spur on headaches and (as a result of the headaches), nausea. So while we were awed and impressed by the wonderful effects of the ice cave, and the rain began to beat down outside.........

............on came the nausea. And the headache. Well, drat :headache:.

A couple of gravol (never leave home without ‘em) and I knew I would be fine in a while, once out of those lights and safely back at the hotel. But my entree? Not a hope. Couldn’t do it. :sick: So the boys dined together while I kicked back and soaked up the atmosphere instead. Our waitress was super awesome about packing up my tortellini in a to-go container (which was awesome, by the way......I chowed down later that night, once my head and stomach both returned to normal operations) and ended up bringing the boys a container as well. Like others have said, the portions were very, very large....if my two fellas can’t finish an entree with their appetites, you know they’re big!

2012_0131orlandochristmas0118_zps010c3abd.jpg

Now, don’t think because of my head issues that this had a negative effect on our experience whatsoever. The head probs are just my reality......and let me tell ya, I am just happy to be here, I don't let some residual minor health issues bog me down. We very much enjoyed our evening, and would definitely revisit on a next trip. Food was yummy (like other visitors, we found it very good......not spectacular or noteworthy, but very good nonetheless), and they really have spared no expense on the theming. Next time, though, its no ice cave for this girl. They can put the brain damaged near the aquarium, underneath the jelly fish.

2012_0131orlandochristmas0108_zps2e029b64.jpg

2012_0131orlandochristmas0107_zps72cfb810.jpg

Back at the hotel, we jumped into our jammies and enjoyed the rest of the evening watching TV and eating our T-Rex left-overs. No hot tub tonight with the rain continuing to fall outside. Then it was off to bed......tomorrow was a very, very busy day, our final full day in Orlando. We would kick the morning off with a very special “Shrekfast” at Gaylord Palms. Fiona, Puss N Boots, and the green ogre himself had a table reserved with our name on it!

Oooh, I remember you mentioning that one before, and it sounded lovely. I will have to see what kind of a deal I can get.......is there a particular timeshare rental board that you normally use (or have had good luck with)? I need a good price if an August getaway has any hope of panning out!

If you are looking for an affordable timeshare rental, I suggest looking into purchasing a travel certificate from skyauction. You can view which resorts have availability before you purchase. I did this for our August trip and only paid $229 for a week stay. There were many properties to choose from.

. . .
For those new to my trip reports, I will give you a small bit of back ground. I am a brain tumor survivor (14 years this past Christmas). Following an awake craniotomy in December 1998 to remove an astrocytoma in my right temporal lobe, I was left with a seizure disorder for which I was treated for 10 years. Thanks to an awesome medical team at Toronto Western Hospital, I have lived to see my boy (who was not quite 3 at the time) grow into a young man. Unfortunately, while the body healed almost in its entirety, there are a few little issues that still plague me to this day (and probably will forever). One is a sensitivity to lights, particularly strobe lights and flashing lights. The other is a sensitivity to a change in air pressure. The light issues used to provoke seizures. With all this time passed, both the lighting and the air pressure now usually just spur on headaches and (as a result of the headaches), nausea. So while we were awed and impressed by the wonderful effects of the ice cave, and the rain began to beat down outside.........

!

No WONDER you guys are so CHILL! Glad you made it through ok - your adoring public would have missed so much without YOU in this world. ( I think i'll be giving T-Rex a miss.)

If you are looking for an affordable timeshare rental, I suggest looking into purchasing a travel certificate from skyauction. You can view which resorts have availability before you purchase. I did this for our August trip and only paid $229 for a week stay. There were many properties to choose from.

I just checked it out, and wow.....some of those deals are incredible! How do they manage to sell some of the weeks so low? What's the catch?

I noticed many of the offers end at the end of June. Any idea when to expect August deals?

No WONDER you guys are so CHILL! Glad you made it through ok - your adoring public would have missed so much without YOU in this world. ( I think i'll be giving T-Rex a miss.)

Ah, LindaBabe, you are a sweet lady to have around. You make me blush :blush: .

All caught up!:thumbsup2

Welcome back! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Gina I am loving the T-rex pictures!! It's a family favourite of ours as well:thumbsup2

The last time we were there our table was directly beside a giant dinosaur that had it's mouth open. The open mouth was about head level. So people liked to walk up and stick their head in the mouth of the dinosaur and get a picture taken. Fair enough. How many people you ask? Oh.. pretty much a steady stream through the entire meal. Let's not forget I was travelling with two teen girls who were a little giddy and thought it was HILARIOUS that people kept sticking their head in this dinosaur and making the exact same face. Young people/ older people/ children.. and then some woman put her baby in the dinosaurs mouth and the girls lost it. Apparently this was the funniest thing ever and they just about choked they were laughing so hard.:rotfl::rolleyes2

Good memories.:rotfl:

(I just read about your issues in the ice cave. I'm sorry you had a hard time and glad you were able to make the best of it :) )

I may have to check out sky auction! I looked at sellmytimesharenow.com and the grand vista 2 bedroom looks to be $1100 for the week - a deal compared to what I'm paying this march.

Thanks for sharing your past illness. What a victory! As mentioned, You
Write like you are a "glass half full" person always rolling with everything so happily. That's why we love your TRs. What a wonderful
Influence you must be to loved ones in your life. I'm going to try to be more like that. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read about the last day! I understand if you would rather enjoy our mild weather and continue your writing next week during the deep freeze!

Gina I am loving the T-rex pictures!! It's a family favourite of ours as well:thumbsup2

The last time we were there our table was directly beside a giant dinosaur that had it's mouth open. The open mouth was about head level. So people liked to walk up and stick their head in the mouth of the dinosaur and get a picture taken. Fair enough. How many people you ask? Oh.. pretty much a steady stream through the entire meal. Let's not forget I was travelling with two teen girls who were a little giddy and thought it was HILARIOUS that people kept sticking their head in this dinosaur and making the exact same face. Young people/ older people/ children.. and then some woman put her baby in the dinosaurs mouth and the girls lost it. Apparently this was the funniest thing ever and they just about choked they were laughing so hard.:rotfl::rolleyes2

Good memories.:rotfl:

(I just read about your issues in the ice cave. I'm sorry you had a hard time and glad you were able to make the best of it :) )

LOL, I am so disappointed that I can't post a picture of one of our heads in said dinosuar :rotfl2: . We must have missed that one (it was packed in there though, and we were trying to do the tour without intruding on anyone else's family dinner....obviously not in line with what is customary based on your experience!!!!). That particular pose is definitely on the list for our NEXT visit, though!!! Let me say, I am totally with your girls......I would have :rotfl: right along with them when the mom put the baby in the dinosaur's mouth! People do the funniest things, don't they?

No worries about the issues in the cave :goodvibes. Its not the first time nor the last!!

I may have to check out sky auction! I looked at sellmytimesharenow.com and the grand vista 2 bedroom looks to be $1100 for the week - a deal compared to what I'm paying this march.

Thanks for sharing your past illness. What a victory! As mentioned, You
Write like you are a "glass half full" person always rolling with everything so happily. That's why we love your TRs. What a wonderful
Influence you must be to loved ones in your life. I'm going to try to be more like that. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read about the last day! I understand if you would rather enjoy our mild weather and continue your writing next week during the deep freeze!

Aw, thanks :hug:. But I am no where near remarkable. I just got the blessing (and yes, it was it blessing in its own way) very early on in life of the lasting lesson of what's really important in the grand scheme of the world and not to sweat the small stuff (but ya know I do anyway from time to time.....I am a woman, after all :lmao:).

We are getting rain, rain, rain this morning ....... its disgusting :headache: (I am missing that wonderful Florida sunshine :cool2:). Its a good day to be inside and on the Dis! :joker:

Jake has a full slate of semester-ending homework today, including a World History essay and an independent study unit for his Canadian Law class. While he is working away, I hope to get an installment or two posted for Saturday. It was a busy and FULL day, so it will be done in multiple posts: after Shrekfast, we toured Gaylord Palms (such a gorgeous resort), took in ICE! (super amazing!), decorated cookies with our favourite gingerbread man (GINGY!), golfed at Congo River in Kissimmee, then made the short trek to the Amway Center to cheer on our beloved Raptors as they took on the Orlando Magic. I'll be grabbing myself a Timmies coffee and sitting down at the computer a little later! :surfweb:

I just checked it out, and wow.....some of those deals are incredible! How do they manage to sell some of the weeks so low? What's the catch?

I noticed many of the offers end at the end of June. Any idea when to expect August deals?

I have not purchased or bid on any of the skyauction properties. I think there is some additional service charge on the skyauction weeks. So, if you go that route, be sure to read the fine print.

I have only purchased the vacation certificates... no catch, no tours. I learned about these certificates here on the boards. If you type "vacation certificate" or "travel voucher" in the search box, they will come up. The certificates are not available all the time. So you'll need to check back frequently. However, you can preview properties on resortcerts.com. This is the site you would use to redeem your voucher. There are already some properties listed for August but I feel confident there will be more availability as it gets closer.

I have not purchased or bid on any of the skyauction properties. I think there is some additional service charge on the skyauction weeks. So, if you go that route, be sure to read the fine print.

I have only purchased the vacation certificates... no catch, no tours. I learned about these certificates here on the boards. If you type "vacation certificate" or "travel voucher" in the search box, they will come up. The certificates are not available all the time. So you'll need to check back frequently. However, you can preview properties on resortcerts.com. This is the site you would use to redeem your voucher. There are already some properties listed for August but I feel confident there will be more availability as it gets closer.

This site is definitely staying on my radar.........what awesome prices!!!

Saturday, December 29th: our final full day in Orlando. It was hard to believe that we would soon be home on Canadian soil!! But not to worry.........we still had lots of fun to squish into the last part of our festive vacation! :santa:

Over the course of the night, the rain had stopped and left in its wake a very warm day with a ton of morning humidity. Forecasted highs were 34 degrees celcius for the afternoon with the humidex, but we were all in pants because of a frosty experience planned for later that morning. :cool1:

First things first, though. We had a breakfast date! :banana: Piling into the truck, we were soon on our way to Gaylord Palms to experience a whole selection of their special Christmas festivities, beginning with our much-anticipated ShrekFeast (that's breakfast with Shrek) at Gaylord’s beautiful Villa de Flora restaurant.

After yesterday morning’s traffic nightmare to get our Ohana character breakfast, we left an hour early again today to ensure we made it through the vehicle snarls with enough time to spare. Happily, traffic was no issue getting to Gaylord, and it was an easy 15 minute commute to the parking lot of the resort :worship:. Not only were we not late, but we were really quite early.

2012_0201orlandochristmas0002_zpsdc03ddc3.jpg

Winding our way through the building to the restaurant, we decided to check in at the podium and see if we could possibly be seated earlier than our 9:30 reservation time. Happily, they were more than willing to seat us immediately upon our arrival. Turns out the restaurant, despite being smack dab in the middle of a busy resort during Christmas vacation, wasn’t booked solid (unlike the Disney character meals).

2012_0201orlandochristmas0003_zpsea828e15.jpg

We had a wonderful fellow as a server (I want to say Manuel ? was his name......he was from Columbia) who promptly brought us a round of the house beverage, “Swamp Juice”. While it was very green (and I heard something about the story being that it is made with ogre boogers) it very much tasted like orange juice with a twist. Yummy, yummy. :thumbsup2

2012_0201orlandochristmas0013_zps6937bdc2.jpg

The meal was buffet style, and let me tell you.......there was NOTHING that was missing from this buffet. It was, without a doubt, the most expansive selection I’ve ever seen for a morning meal. Every breakfast meat you can think of. Eggs of every style. A make your own omelette station. Pancakes, French toast, OGRE WAFFLES (oh, these were divine). An abundance of fresh fruit. Cereals (hot and cold), a zillion breakfast breads, homefries. Even a green chocolate fountain. And a whole assortment of items I can’t even begin to list. Picky eaters would be in heaven here, and big eaters may never leave. I just wish my stomach capacity would have allowed a second and third plate. The food was excellent and enjoyed by us all.

2012_0201orlandochristmas0014_zps06041ff7.jpg

I was glad that we had a few moments to fill our bellies before the characters started to come by. First to the table was the infamous Puss ‘N Boots.........how I love this fellow from the Shrek movies (one of my favourite Shrek lines ever....”You still look like an *** to me”! :rotfl:).

2012_0201orlandochristmas0006_zps2e5e9e16.jpg

Princess Fiona was next, and was very much “in character”. The only “speaking” character at the meal, she teased and joked about life in the swamp with her ogre husband and about the little ones at home.

2012_0201orlandochristmas0017_zps1f12bdef.jpg

Last was the star of the show himself, Shrek. Though he wasn’t able to speak, he had fun joking about my husband’s size (making sure we all knew that he thought they looked alike) and pointed out that he noticed we had matching jerseys on (showing us his “basketball moves”).

2012_0201orlandochristmas0019_zpsb34b5d15.jpg

All three of the characters spent a lot of time at our table, with absolutely no rushing or feeling like they were anxious to move on. If you dawdled longer over your meal than other families, they would also come back for a second round of photos and meet-and-greets, which I thought was a nice touch.

After the meal, our server (who we had chatted with throughout breakfast at length) brought us the bill. At $29.99 per person, it wasn’t a cheap breakfast (which we knew before we booked). He had asked us at the beginning of the meal if we were staying at the hotel, and had told him no, that we were on site at SeaWorld this trip. So I was surprised, when he laid the bill on the table, that h looked me in the eye and said “so, you’re staying here at Gaylord, right?”. I reminded him that no, we were onsite at SeaWorld :confused:. He winked and said “If you stay with us here at Gaylord, you get a 10% discount on your dining. Which I have already applied to your bill. So enjoy your stay with us, and Happy New Year!”. Then he was off. He just earned himself an extra nice tip. :thumbsup2

We dragged our stuffed tummies out of the chairs and into the beautiful atrium outside of Villa de Flora. We had the staff validate our parking pass that we obtained upon entry, which would zero out our charges as we exited the lot (parking is normally $15 per vehicle, however is waived if you spend $50 or more at any one of their onsite restaurants). We did a little shopping in their gift shops (they had some great Florida souvenirs at exceptionally reasonable prices here.....and as a result, we picked up several items to take to family back home) then opted for a tour of this fabulous property as we waited for our 11:00 am entry time to ICE! :woohoo:

Stay tuned..........this resort is a beauty. Photos of the atrium and the beautiful Christmas decorations coming up next!

2012_0201orlandochristmas0028_zps6b7a19a4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter