"Welcome Home" Call

LuigiSpice

Mouseketeer
Is there any point in setting this up? I mean there is nothing they are going to tell me that I haven't already learned from this forum right?

I just did the call last week and if you did your diligence on purchasing there really is nothing for you. All your questions could be answered on the boards.

Did mine yesterday and I already knew everything he told me. He did remind me that I have 6months from my closing date to book my “Welcome Home” Stay if I’m unable to find a booking myself (except for GCV or GFV).

I thought I read everything there is to read.. But I never heard of the Welcome Home Call. Where do I find out more about this? I searched it but it gave me a whoops error.

Thanks!

I thought I read everything there is to read.. But I never heard of the Welcome Home Call. Where do I find out more about this? I searched it but it gave me a whoops error.

Thanks!

I just purchased and it was on one of my welcome emails. Basically just to give you all the info you should have researched before buying.

I didn’t see an email but it was on the bottom half of the “just a reminder” page of the purchasing paperwork. During the call he did ask me how I knew about scheduling the appointment so maybe they are trying to figure out what’s the best communication method.

Ohh I didn't get my welcome email yet. Thanks, I'll be sure to look for it when I do get it.

Did mine yesterday and I already knew everything he told me. He did remind me that I have 6months from my closing date to book my “Welcome Home” Stay if I’m unable to find a booking myself (except for GCV or GFV).

Can you explain this "welcome home stay" thing?

Can you explain this "welcome home stay" thing?

I just learned of it myself in another thread. Basically they'll find you an available room if you can't find one to make sure your first experience is a good one. That could involve pulling from the cash inventory, or something else.

I just learned of it myself in another thread. Basically they'll find you an available room if you can't find one to make sure your first experience is a good one. That could involve pulling from the cash inventory, or something else.

They cannot pull one from cash inventory, but they do have (some, sometimes) rooms that don't show in the regular inventory. When I did mine (2 years ago), with ~4 months notice, they couldn't get me my top 5/6 resorts (including home resort, which was CCV. I ended up with rooms I could have booked on my own.

So anyway, YMMV... but it's not like if you see a room available for cash stay, they can get it. But they will help as much as they can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter