Welcome back Princess Angel-BWV ?s

prncssjas

Running, Disney, Aladdin...
Welcome back Princess Angel!! Sounds like your trip was awesome. We will be leaving this Sunday and I can't wait...please tell me how you liked your view of BWV. Was it noisy? Or crowded? How was check in? Did they let you check in early?? I am glad you had a great time...wish we could have been there together!!! ;)

Hi prncssjas!

We absolutely loved the BW!!! I know I just spent 2 weeks in WDW, but I'm still jealous that you're going on Sunday!!! :)
Check in was a breeze! we stayed the first night at AKL, so we arrived at BW at around 11am, our room wasn't ready yet, but they told us that we had a BW view on the 5th floor! I was so excited I started jumping up and down!!! :) Dh was so embarrased! :)

We went to Epcot, had lunch (at the Garden Grille) then we returned to the BW around 3:20, they gave us our room number, and we went to the room! the view was phenomenal!!! full view of the BW, crescent lake, spaceship earth, even the eiffel tower in France!!! I could also see the sunrise and sunset from the balcony!! it was amazing!!! we had a blast!!! be sure to take a late night hot tub!!! go over to the quiet pool hot tub!!! :)

The noise was not really an issue. the BW quiets down by 11pm, the only noise after that is inide jellyrolls and atlantic dance and ESPN. so your room will be quiet. Also, even when it's noisy, it's not too bad in your room.
they only have a D.J. outside Atlantic Dance on the BW on friday and saturday nights, but they stop that by 11pm also.
we were worried about that too, but it wasn't at all a problem!!! :)

Have a great time!!!
and! believe it or not, we didn't miss the GF at all! You will love the BW!!!
we also stayed at the Polynesian, and loved that too! we found the theming to be phenomenal! we truly felt like we were on a tropical island! we didn't want to leave the resort at all!!! :)

Laura :)

Princess Angel...I love your posts...you always include such detail!! I love it. So you didn't miss the GF at all huh?! Well, with all the other DVC resorts being so nice, I can see why. You will be going again soon so that's good--at least you have your b-day trip to look forward to.

BTW, how did you like the AKL resort? Were you in a studio at the BW? How did you like the ESPN club, Atlantic Dance and other BW clubs/restaurants?

A little off topic but did you do e-nights? How were the crowds?

And most important, did you wear your lime green ribbon and run into anyone else?! I am glad you had a great time. Talk with you soon.

:D

Hi!
we liked the AKL, had a great savannah view, but were glad we were only staying one night! It was a little too dreary for us, and we didn't feel like we were in WDW at all! also the rooms are small! but it was beautiful, just not our style!!! :)

We had lunch at ESPN, it was very good, also if you can eat at Big River Grille outside on the BW, it's so nice to have lunch on the BW, and there food is very good!!!
We didn't go to Atlantic Dance or Jellyrolls, being that we don't drink anymore, we'd rather stroll around the BW and crescent lake, and enjoy late night hot tubs!!! I know we sound like old folks, and we're only 27 and 33, but our "partying" days are over! we did enough of that to last two lifetimes, we'd love just being alone in WDW, cause we never get quality time at home!!! however they did look like they would be fun!!! :)
The flying fish is awesome and Spoodles was a great surprise also!! they really do have the best breakfast buffet on property!!! try it! we also had a great dinner there!!!
everything in that location is great!!! get a sundae at Beaches n'cream!!! :)

We did two e-nights!! they were great as usual!! :)

I wore my lime green ribbon, just as I did when I met you! the whole time for 2 weeks, I only ran into one DIS'er, and we were on the keys to the kingdom tour together! It was MonaMouse!!! We sat at the same table during lunch on the tour and chatted about the DIS the whole time! it was fun!! (I did a thread on the themeparks page about the tour if you're interested)

As far as the Gf goes, it will always be near and dear to us, as we spent 4 vacations there, including our honeymoon, but we loved the location and all there is to do at the BW!!! I also can't wait to stay at the YC in July, it is soooo beautiful!! almost seems more elegant than the GF!! we went up to the concierge level last week to check it out, they showed us a room too!!!
they were very very nice there!!
we also found the theming of the Poly to be more romantic if you can believe that, and so romantic, we never wanted to leave the resort!!! :)

I know we'll return to the GF, but no hurry!!! :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter