Weight Watchers Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so my WI was awful. I gained 2lbs :( But i'm not going to let it affect me, I am going to track everything I put in my mouth and get back on track!!

And worst of all is that my husband ate everything I did and he lost 2.5lbs. I'm disappointed in myself. I shouldn't be sad that he lost weight, i should be happy for him.

So I made the Baked Potato soup from skinny taste last night... it was just eh... most likely won't make it again. In fact my husband asked me to never make it again! but my kids liked it haha...
I also made Easy Garlic Cheddar Biscuits... they were so easy to make and really yummy! Tonight i am making Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili... sounds promising!

One of my daycare families brought in donuts this morning... which wouldn't be a problem if they were the usual mini powdered ones... but they are my favorite... glazed with icing and rainbow sprinkles... the big ones... ugh it's going to be very tempting to taste while i hand them out at 3pm for snack... my worst food time ever... here's hoping my will power is strong enough today and my gum holds me over! Maybe I will wear latex gloves when touching them... there's no way i would put a glove in my mouth hahaha

:drinking1 here's to a donut free day!

Maybe try and look up the points to the donut. Sometimes when I see something I want to eat and I'm not sure what the points are. When I see the number I am like :scared1:, no thank you I'll pass. Good luck, and BACK AWAY FROM THE DONUTS!!!

Ok, so my WI was awful. I gained 2lbs :( But i'm not going to let it affect me, I am going to track everything I put in my mouth and get back on track!!

And worst of all is that my husband ate everything I did and he lost 2.5lbs. I'm disappointed in myself. I shouldn't be sad that he lost weight, i should be happy for him.

First of all sorry it didn't go well for you this week :hug:. Hang in there we are all different and don't lose or gain the same. Don't be discouraged let this give you more fire to go forward.

You may recall that two weeks ago, I had set two small goals – I had just 4 weeks left until I fill my current weigh-in booklet and get a new one. My goal was to hit 20 pounds (need 1.2 more) and hit my 10% (need 3.2 more) before my booklet runs out.

So, last week I had stayed the same and was a little disappointed. This week I made sure to track every bite that went in my mouth - stayed within my points limit and used just less than half of my weekly points. I was sure that I would see a nice number on the scale this week. (Was even secretly thinking that I might meet BOTH goals today ;)).

Imagine my shock when I weighed-in this morning and was told I GAINED 4.2 POUNDS. :scared1:

I have no words … :sad1:

Logically, I know that I didn’t gain 4.2 pounds of fat. Logically, I know that it is just my body playing tricks on me. Logically, I know that “female issues” might play a part in it. Logically, I know that at some point – the scale will catch up.

However, that doesn’t take away the disappointment I felt after my weigh-in. But, I will not let it dictate my week. I will continue to stay on program so “logically” I can’t blame my actions for the results on the scale.

- Laura

Laura, your attitude is admirable. What a fighter! I have had weeks like that, too. So know that you are not alone. The scale is sometimes just evil. It's a long road we're on and you're in a much better place than when you started, right? Sure don't want to go back to the beginning. Here's to a great week for you.

Don't compare yourself to a man. For losing weight, it just won't work. Sounds like you were a little off during the last week since you're saying you'll get back on track now. If you really work the plan, you'll eventually see the results -- both on the scale and off the scale. Good luck going forward!

my "picking" this week has gotten out of control. I've been stalking the scale all week and it's not looking good for tomorrow:sad2: I think I'm going to try Simply Filling and see how it goes. I've never done Simply Filling before; I have done weeks where I do try to stick to power foods and stay away from processed foods as much as possible, but lately it seems that I am choosing more processed, non-power foods than I am power foods. I think I need to "detox" myself off the processed crap and see if I can gain control again!Anyone else do Simply Filling?

Okay, my WI wasn't good either. I had a 0.6 pound gain. It could have been worse and it's totally explainable. (Confession: I skipped Zumba last night and we went out for ice cream instead. Isn't that awful!)

I'm on track today and feel good about the next couple of days. Then, I'm off to WDW. Not sure how that will go.

:grouphug: to those of you that had gains this week. I know it's hard, but remember, it's all part of the journey. Baby steps, baby steps! Make sure you're taking your measurements - one week I gained, but had lost inches from my waist, hips, and thighs. If I hadn't been taking my measurements as well, I would've had a much harder time mentally with the number on the scale.

I haven't been on the boards much or to WI in two weeks - one of my daughers had an accident in our home, she fell down a flight of stairs. She's fine, but actually bruised the bone marrow in her right hip and femur, knocked out a baby tooth and had to get stitches - so needless to say, tracking, exercising, and following program pretty much flew out the window. According to my scale at home, I'm down 3, but we'll see on Friday. I'm only 2 away from my 10% goal, and I want to achieve that by Easter, so here's to hoping.

Since I haven't been to meetings, does anyone here know anything about the 2011 Weight Watchers Walk It Challenge? I'm trying to find out what it is.

my "picking" this week has gotten out of control. I've been stalking the scale all week and it's not looking good for tomorrow:sad2: I think I'm going to try Simply Filling and see how it goes. I've never done Simply Filling before; I have done weeks where I do try to stick to power foods and stay away from processed foods as much as possible, but lately it seems that I am choosing more processed, non-power foods than I am power foods. I think I need to "detox" myself off the processed crap and see if I can gain control again!Anyone else do Simply Filling?

Okay, my WI wasn't good either. I had a 0.6 pound gain. It could have been worse and it's totally explainable. (Confession: I skipped Zumba last night and we went out for ice cream instead. Isn't that awful!)

I'm on track today and feel good about the next couple of days. Then, I'm off to WDW. Not sure how that will go.

ok girls, we have to get it together (me included ;)). You can't change what you've already done but the fact that you both are the little engines that could is a victory. You haven't cheated on a "diet" you just may have not made the best decision for your lifestyle change. I know you can do this, we ALLcan. It's not easy cause if it were we would all be a size 2. Sandi I know Disney will be a challenge but, do the best you can. I think I did better this trip because instead of thinking of it as all the foods I am forbidden to have. I just thought of it as........a vacation. Stay strong girls!

{{Hugs}} to all the people who had a minor setback this week. Hang in there and you'll be fine!

Tracking is key! Great attitude, You will succeed! :cheer2:

HaHa LOVE IT!!:love: This is the beauty of WW...yes you can have your ice cream and eat it too. Every once in a while, you have to allow yourself these moments even if it does mean a gain! If not, it will just set you up for failure. It's a life style change, yes, but life is short too and we need these special moments. Pick back up on your tracking...it's a new week and you can do it! :woohoo:

I made a yummy recipe last night to share with you all...even the kids loved it.

Smothered Steak and Onions

16 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef (I used 1.25 lbs turkey)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 3/4 cups (one 14 1/2 ounce can) beef broth -- divided, see recipe
6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounce) dried fine bread crumbs
2 cups sliced onion
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

In a large bowl, combine meat, black pepper, 1/4 cup beef broth, and bread crumbs.
Mix well with hands to combine.
Using a 1//3 cup measure as a guide, form 6 patties. Place patties in a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray and brown on both sides.
Layer onions evenly over browned patties. In a covered jar, combine remaining 1 1/2 cups beef broth and flour. Shake well to combine. Pour broth mixture evenly over onion. Lower heat. Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes. For each serving, place 1 patty on plate and evenly spoon onion sauce over top

Using the recipe above with Jennie-O 93/7 turkey - I made 5 patties and it came to 6 points each. DH put his over rice but that didn't sound good to me so I just had veggies

{{Hugs}} to all the people who had a minor setback this week. Hang in there and you'll be fine!

I can't for the life of me get a photo for my avitar. I am not a techno genius however, I do ok. I load to photobucket and try and crop or resize and it always says file to large? I've seen the tutorial on here too. If it's not to complicated to explain how to get it resized to be the right storage size and not be microscopic I would so appreciated it. :) Or anyone else who knows what they are doing. thx

I am sorry to everyone having setbacks...the nice thing about this thread is you can confess and then get back on track. I thought of this thread during the buddy meeting!

On the donut:

Doughnut, cake-type, with icing is 7 points...so if you gave into temptation - you could recover from it - but if you haven't had it yet - try to think of what you could have instead that would be more filling

HaHa LOVE IT!!:love: This is the beauty of WW...yes you can have your ice cream and eat it too. Every once in a while, you have to allow yourself these moments even if it does mean a gain! If not, it will just set you up for failure. It's a life style change, yes, but life is short too and we need these special moments. Pick back up on your tracking...it's a new week and you can do it! :woohoo:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Well said!

ok girls, we have to get it together (me included ;)). You can't change what you've already done but the fact that you both are the little engines that could is a victory. You haven't cheated on a "diet" you just may have not made the best decision for your lifestyle change. I know you can do this, we ALLcan. It's not easy cause if it were we would all be a size 2. Sandi I know Disney will be a challenge but, do the best you can. I think I did better this trip because instead of thinking of it as all the foods I am forbidden to have. I just thought of it as........a vacation. Stay strong girls!

:thumbsup2

I've been hesitant to post here -- I skipped my weigh in Saturday and I feel ashamed. I feel terribly guilty. I knew I had a gain, and dh really needed me to not go in order for us to get things done. I was totally off the rails last week. I didn't work out, I ate whatever, and I felt like a slug. Read some good books, but still...I was like a train wreck -- I knew what I was doing, but I just couldn't seem to refocus.

Anyway, I was contemplating whether to just stop going altogether, and realized that going to the meetings is what keeps me accountable. I need to go. I'm back to running, I'm counting my points, and as long as I keep doing what I should, the results will come. Not as fast as I may like, but I will make progress.

I also didn't make it on yesterday to wish Stephanie a :bday: , so I apologize for that, too!

Maria :upsidedow

I've been hesitant to post here -- I skipped my weigh in Saturday and I feel ashamed. I feel terribly guilty. I knew I had a gain, and dh really needed me to not go in order for us to get things done. I was totally off the rails last week. I didn't work out, I ate whatever, and I felt like a slug. Read some good books, but still...I was like a train wreck -- I knew what I was doing, but I just couldn't seem to refocus.

Anyway, I was contemplating whether to just stop going altogether, and realized that going to the meetings is what keeps me accountable. I need to go. I'm back to running, I'm counting my points, and as long as I keep doing what I should, the results will come. Not as fast as I may like, but I will make progress.

I also didn't make it on yesterday to wish Stephanie a :bday: , so I apologize for that, too!

:hug: hang in there Maria...we have all been there before. I'm glad you realized what you need before you made the choice to quit! Don't let last week's setback throw you off the train...it is what it is and you are in a new place this week, ready to keep going towards your goal. :thumbsup2

I can't for the life of me get a photo for my avitar. I am not a techno genius however, I do ok. I load to photobucket and try and crop or resize and it always says file to large? I've seen the tutorial on here too. If it's not to complicated to explain how to get it resized to be the right storage size and not be microscopic I would so appreciated it. :) Or anyone else who knows what they are doing. thx
According to the section in your UserCP where you add the avatar"

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 3.9 KB (whichever is smaller)"

So, if it's bigger than 100x100 OR if it's bigger than 3.9 KB it's too big. You can make the picture 100x100 on Photobucket, but I don't think you can reduce the size of the file. Let me see if I can dig up an easy and free way to do it. I use Adobe but that costs money.

ETA: Try this one: http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx

:grouphug: to those of you that had gains this week. I know it's hard, but remember, it's all part of the journey. Baby steps, baby steps! Make sure you're taking your measurements - one week I gained, but had lost inches from my waist, hips, and thighs. If I hadn't been taking my measurements as well, I would've had a much harder time mentally with the number on the scale.

I haven't been on the boards much or to WI in two weeks - one of my daughers had an accident in our home, she fell down a flight of stairs. She's fine, but actually bruised the bone marrow in her right hip and femur, knocked out a baby tooth and had to get stitches - so needless to say, tracking, exercising, and following program pretty much flew out the window. According to my scale at home, I'm down 3, but we'll see on Friday. I'm only 2 away from my 10% goal, and I want to achieve that by Easter, so here's to hoping.

Since I haven't been to meetings, does anyone here know anything about the 2011 Weight Watchers Walk It Challenge? I'm trying to find out what it is.

First, hugs to your DD. Hope she is feeling better. That fall must have been terribly scary for all of you.

Second, my Leader said today that the Walk It Challenge starts next week. She was really geeked about the package of "cool stuff" WW put together -- a visor, backpack, insulated water bottle, etc. -- and I think she said it was about $20. She also mentioned that it was gender neutral -- we have several men in my group. So, go to your meeting next week and you'll get all the info. I'm missing next week's meeting because I'm visiting Mickey Mouse, but I can't wait to see the stuff the following week.

:hug: hang in there Maria...we have all been there before. I'm glad you realized what you need before you made the choice to quit! Don't let last week's setback throw you off the train...it is what it is and you are in a new place this week, ready to keep going towards your goal. :thumbsup2

Yes, Maria, don't let this setback get you completely off your plan and goal. Don't quit. Quitters never win and winners never quit.

Maria please don't ever feel ashamed or hesitant to come on here and tell us what's going on bad or good. We ALL have been there and know better than anyone else what you are going through. :) Thanks for the bday wishes too.

According to the section in your UserCP where you add the avatar"

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 3.9 KB (whichever is smaller)"

So, if it's bigger than 100x100 OR if it's bigger than 3.9 KB it's too big. You can make the picture 100x100 on Photobucket, but I don't think you can reduce the size of the file. Let me see if I can dig up an easy and free way to do it. I use Adobe but that costs money.

ETA: Try this one: http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx

Thanks Robin I will look at the link, that is what I need to do reduce the file size not the picture size. Believe it or not I have Adobe maybe my DD can help me if I can't figure it out. I know sad my kids can figure all this stuff out and mom can't :rolleyes1.

OMG, glad to hear your DD is going to be ok but how stressful that must have been. My DD knocked out her front tooth when she was 2 and has had stiches and staples (really I am not a bad mom). Good to hear you have been measuring so you have seen a victory there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!