Weight Watchers Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so I'm probably not suppose to annouce that, but this birthday was the inspiration for my final WW venture. On October 15, 2009 I walked into my local WW meeting.....again. My goal was to lose 71 lbs by my 40th birthday. Well, here we are today and and although I am shy of 10lbs away from my goal. This is the best birthday present I could give myself!!! I am a broken record but thank you to everyone here for all your support and keep going everyone we can all do this!!!! Now how to survive the day food wise :laughing:.

:bday:

You may recall that two weeks ago, I had set two small goals – I had just 4 weeks left until I fill my current weigh-in booklet and get a new one. My goal was to hit 20 pounds (need 1.2 more) and hit my 10% (need 3.2 more) before my booklet runs out.

So, last week I had stayed the same and was a little disappointed. This week I made sure to track every bite that went in my mouth - stayed within my points limit and used just less than half of my weekly points. I was sure that I would see a nice number on the scale this week. (Was even secretly thinking that I might meet BOTH goals today ;)).

Imagine my shock when I weighed-in this morning and was told I GAINED 4.2 POUNDS. :scared1:

I have no words … :sad1:

Logically, I know that I didn’t gain 4.2 pounds of fat. Logically, I know that it is just my body playing tricks on me. Logically, I know that “female issues” might play a part in it. Logically, I know that at some point – the scale will catch up.

However, that doesn’t take away the disappointment I felt after my weigh-in. But, I will not let it dictate my week. I will continue to stay on program so “logically” I can’t blame my actions for the results on the scale.

- Laura

Happy Birthday Stephanie! My 40th is next February. My goal is the Princess Half Marathon for the weekend of my birthday.

You may recall that two weeks ago, I had set two small goals – I had just 4 weeks left until I fill my current weigh-in booklet and get a new one. My goal was to hit 20 pounds (need 1.2 more) and hit my 10% (need 3.2 more) before my booklet runs out.

So, last week I had stayed the same and was a little disappointed. This week I made sure to track every bite that went in my mouth - stayed within my points limit and used just less than half of my weekly points. I was sure that I would see a nice number on the scale this week. (Was even secretly thinking that I might meet BOTH goals today ;)).

Imagine my shock when I weighed-in this morning and was told I GAINED 4.2 POUNDS. :scared1:

Logically, I know that I didn’t gain 4.2 pounds of fat. Logically, I know that it is just my body playing tricks on me. Logically, I know that “female issues” might play a part in it. Logically, I know that at some point – the scale will catch up.

However, that doesn’t take away the disappointment I felt after my weigh-in. But, I will not let it dictate my week. I will continue to stay on program so “logically” I can’t blame my actions for the results on the scale.

- Laura

Laura, I am sorry, don't give up :hug:. I swear the scale just plan out Lies sometimes. Don't beat yourself up over it. If you are staying true to the program then just keep going it will come off.

Happy Birthday Stephanie! My 40th is next February. My goal is the Princess Half Marathon for the weekend of my birthday.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. A Half Marathon is a great goal. Keep up the good work, your ticker is catching up with mine ;).

I had a awesome day today. My family was just so wonderful. My husband and kids know how stressed I get about going out to eat but, they really were looking forward to taking me out today that I just zipped my lip and let them do something nice for me. I ordered my food and ate slowly. Then boxes the rest up to take home. They had a german chocolate cake for me at home and I had a sliver. Still working on figuring out my points for tonight but, I had a great day and whatever weigh in is on Thursday well, I will take it and move on from there. I know a lot of us are struggling lately so hope everyone had a good day!!! Thank you once again everyone for all your kind wishes :flower3:.

Day 1 is done and it's seriously the first day I haven't cheated badly eating all sugary foods in months. It felt good to do that for a day, now to repeat, repeat, repeat!

Wow, Stephanie you were a good girl...or should I say...."Wonder Woman" because you are so strong! Keep it up! I know you can do it and it helps to know that someone like me find it hard around cakes and eating out.

- Laura

:hug: so sorry Laura... this week will be better :thumbsup2

But, I will not let it dictate my week. I will continue to stay on program so “logically” I can’t blame my actions for the results on the scale.

Oh no! :sad2: That is such a disappointment I'm sure!

So happy to see that you are staying on plan though and not letting it set you back!:hug: Keep up the great work and hopefully your next weigh in will show BIG losses! I know on the weeks that I was not down, the next weigh in was like making up for it especially after the female issues! Keep up the awesome job and reach those goals!!:cheer2:

Weighed in this moring and I'm down .5!
Not that bad but I wish it could of been more. I'm looking ahead to next week with renewed confidence!!! :)

Day 1 is done and it's seriously the first day I haven't cheated badly eating all sugary foods in months. It felt good to do that for a day, now to repeat, repeat, repeat!

:banana: Awesome!!! Keep going it will get better the longer you do it.

So I made the Baked Potato soup from skinny taste last night... it was just eh... most likely won't make it again. In fact my husband asked me to never make it again! but my kids liked it haha...
I also made Easy Garlic Cheddar Biscuits... they were so easy to make and really yummy! Tonight i am making Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili... sounds promising!

One of my daycare families brought in donuts this morning... which wouldn't be a problem if they were the usual mini powdered ones... but they are my favorite... glazed with icing and rainbow sprinkles... the big ones... ugh it's going to be very tempting to taste while i hand them out at 3pm for snack... my worst food time ever... here's hoping my will power is strong enough today and my gum holds me over! Maybe I will wear latex gloves when touching them... there's no way i would put a glove in my mouth hahaha

:drinking1 here's to a donut free day!

Good Morning Friends,

Yesterday was a good day for me - stayed op all day - was snacky last night at bedtime, but instead of eating, I went to bed!!

This thread is moving so fast, I can't keep up - so I'm going to send my thoughts to everyone...

:hug: to those who are struggling - remember one meal at a time, one day at a time - this is a lifestlye change we are making - we can do this, we will do this.

:yay: congrats to our losers - keep up the good work - I celebrate your successes with you - remember to think of it as "getting rid" of the weight, because something you lose can be found again

I hope everyone has a good day!

- remember one meal at a time, one day at a time - this is a lifestlye change we are making - we can do this, we will do this.

- remember to think of it as "getting rid" of the weight, because something you lose can be found again!

LOVE THIS!!!! I'm saving these saying to my iPhone and reading them everyday!!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

So I made the Baked Potato soup from skinny taste last night... it was just eh... most likely won't make it again. In fact my husband asked me to never make it again! but my kids liked it haha...
I also made Easy Garlic Cheddar Biscuits... they were so easy to make and really yummy! Tonight i am making Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili... sounds promising!
Someone at my meeting last night mentioned the skinny taste website. I'm going to try a recipe tomorrow. Any reccommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts