Weight Loss 2009

Hi everyone, I hope its ok that I join this discussion.
I'm currently tring to loose weight too!

I started at 191 and I'm about 177 today (after 4 weeks) I've got a week left of my diet or less, then I'm taking a break (maintaining weight) for 3 weeks, and then will be going back on my diet. I hope to be somewhere around 145lbs by the end of all this :)

Congrats to everyone having success!

Found the Wii Fit last week. What a blast. I keep doing it all day. Put on a load of laundry do a activity on the Wii, empty the dishwasher then do the Wii.....

Well I got down about 10 pounds. I was hoping for more before leaving but I am happy with the 10. We leave tommow morning and can't believe we made it through another horrible winter. Actually it wasn't as bad as last year or other years but for me every winter is bad. I like it up until Jan 01st and after that I can say goodbye to it. Like I'm going to tomorrow. Have fun everyone and I will join you all back on the wagon in two weeks. Until then we're going to Disney World.!!!!!:goodvibes

No loss, no gain this week, what are the odds. It's been almost 8 weeks of walking several miles/week so the toning is coming along. Hoping for a loss next week as that's the last WI before vacation!

I'm in. I turned 44 on March 6th. My goal is to drop 80lbs by my 45th birthday. Man, that was hard to type.

I have several "mini" goals set up: Lose 15lbs by Easter. Lose 30 lbs by Mother's Day. Lose 50lbs before our summer trip to Newfoundland end July. Lose 65 by Christmas.

I started my own low calorie/reduced carbs program on Saturday and as of yesterday have lost 2lbs. I will weigh myself again this Saturday. Sticking to about 1000-1200 calories, and trying to not combine carbs with other foods, within reason. There are some exceptions, of course, but by "limiting" them and not "denying" them, I am hoping I will find it easier to stick to.

For breakfast I have one Dempster's Smart English muffin with 2 slices of tomato and about an oz of cheese. I also am drinking the Slim Quick supplements twice a day for the extra vitamins. Lunch and supper I have been having salad with chicken, or roast beef with mashed turnip and celery. For a snack at night I have been slicing and apple and putting a tiny bit of margarine and some cinnamon, and then heating it in the microwave for a sweet snack, or having grapes, melon, etc. I also allow myself one chocolate chip cookie a day with a cup of tea.

It's not a perfect, but a my current weight it takes 2100 calories to maintain what I have. I figure if I stick around 1000-1200 calories, including a built in treat every day, I am bound to lose a couple of lbs a week. I have given myself a year, so that averages out to 1.5 lbs a week. I think that is reasonable.

weight.png

I've been as high as 235 (Jan 2005) and as low as 170 (Aug 2007). Today I'm almost back up to 190 and it's really starting to drive me nuts! My "skinny" clothes are starting to fit a little too tight and I'm getting uncomfortable in my own skin. I used to work out very diligently at GoodLife but life has caught up with me. I haven't been to the gym in quite a while because DW is busy at night and I'm taking care of my little guy. Basically, I walk in the door after work and the little fella is mine for the evening. I totally think it's fair but by the time I put him down for bed between 7:30 and 8 p.m. I'm just not in the mood to head to the gym which is only a couple minute drive away.

Now that winter seems to be releasing it's grip I'm going to get back on track. My goal is to drop 15 lbs by May. I'm going for a run today with one of my co-workers so hopefully this is something we can keep up. My eating is actually pretty good, surprisingly, but I gotta watch my sweets. They kill me! I'm going to start taking my multi-vitamins again because they seemed to help but I think a big chunk of this weight loss is going to be the physical side of things. If I know that I'm going to be working out I eat REALLY well because I see food as fuel. If I'm not working out I'm generally not as diligent but still not terrible. We'll see how it goes....

I can't figure out how to update my ticker. I thought I saved the web address in my favourites but it was only the TickerFactory address, not the html for my particular ticker. Am I going to have to do an new one?

How's it going everyone? Well I'm still holding on to the 8lbs mark. Not complaining because my dress pants all fit better and I don't have to worry when I sit down. lol :banana:

I was only down 0.5 lbs this week on Tuesday but the weekend wasn't the greatest. So far this week I've been eating A LOT better and the new exercise regime is fitting in nicely. I ran 3 miles last night in 27 minutes (woo hoo!!!) and ran another 3 miles on Monday afternoon. The plan is to run again tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can get a decent workout in on Saturday but who knows. I'm sure hoping my next weigh in shows a little bit of my progress.

Down 2lbs this week! That's 8 lbs in 8 weeks, so slow but steady.
Averaging walking 7-10 miles a week. Going to try to do WI at WW on Sunday since we LEAVE MONDAY, yay!!!!

Down 2lbs this week! That's 8 lbs in 8 weeks, so slow but steady.
Averaging walking 7-10 miles a week. Going to try to do WI at WW on Sunday since we LEAVE MONDAY, yay!!!!

Way to go Daisy!!!!! :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: Have a fabulous time in DisneyWorld!

I'm holding right now ... down 16.5 lbs since the beginning of January, but no progress for two weeks. Feels discouraging, but I just need to press through it without going back to any of my "old" ways.

I get a lot of support from reading here on this thread ... Keep up the great work everyone!

Arlene

Well I am very shocked and happy to say that as of this morning I am down another 1 lb:banana: So a total weight loss of :banana: 10 lbs:banana:

So to add to my diet misery...:goodvibes I have also started to drink Dr. Oz Raw Green Drink....Here is the recipe just in case any one is interested.....
* 2 apples, cored
* 2 big handfuls of spinach
* 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
* 1 celery stick, chopped
* 1 thumbnail length of ginger root, peeled
* 1 lemon - juice only (use peel slice for zest)
* 1 medium cucumber

Place ingredients in a blender, add 4 oz. spring water or a handful of ice cubes, then puree quickly for one minute. Makes two glasses of Dr. Oz’s green drink.

The green drink has a strong taste and if you are used to drinking soda or sweet tea, the taste will take some getting used to. Dr. Oz suggests adding other items at first to sweeten the green drink to your taste.

Green drink - Optional ingredients:

* 2nd cucumber
* raw carrot
* unsweetened fruit juice
* banana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter