Week of January 26, 2020?

Debby7

DIS Veteran
Any opinions as to whether this would be a good week to visit with 2 children under 8 years of age? Alternative would be week of February 16, 2020. That is our schools spring break and I would imagine that would be a busier week, attendance wise. Just wondering if there is anything big happening that January week that I am not aware of. Thanks for your help !

I think that would be a great time! Holiday and marathon crowds should be gone. And kids will be back in school.

That NFL Pro Bowl has been in Orlando now for three years and next year will be the fourth. We were there last year and the year before during that time and, in comparison to past years for that last weekend in Jan, it was definitely more crowded at the parks for the Thurs through Monday of that weekend, although not as crowded as it will be Presidents's week if you decided to do Feb 16.

:headache:
I can’t believe I ruined my sports cred by not correctly saying NFL Pro Bowl.

Any opinions as to whether this would be a good week to visit with 2 children under 8 years of age? Alternative would be week of February 16, 2020. That is our schools spring break and I would imagine that would be a busier week, attendance wise. Just wondering if there is anything big happening that January week that I am not aware of. Thanks for your help !

January would be cheaper points wise, Adventure season vs Magic season.

We were just there during that week and the parks were great, not crowded much at all, except for AK on Saturday (even then it wasn't unbearable, we usually go in the summer when it's packed). Even with it being chilly those particular days, I'd love to go at that time again.

Any week is a good week!!!!! LOL
With that said, we have gone quite a few times the end of January as that is our anniversary month and it is fun to celebrate in Disney. Weather is cooler so you need to bring a variety of clothing to be on the safe side.

We generally go January/February. Compared to our Spring trips, it's considerably less busy! That being said, we expect crowds to be higher next year because of Star Wars opening.

The only hesitation would be you just never know about the weather. If you don't mind going in COLD weather -- then I think Jan/Feb are awesome. We have been when it was literally freezing and when it was in the 80s -- so you never know what weather you will get that time of year.
Overall though the crowds will be lower (even with the Pro-Bowl) as compared to later in March or April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!