Week After Thanksgiving

Alabama Minnie

DIS Veteran
Just booked 4 nights after Thanksgiving. Will there be decorations then? Want to do that. Is there a link showing sites decorated for Xmas? Thanks!

Three years ago we were there and DISNEY Decorations went up day after ThanksGiving Individual sites up to occupants but plenty were in fact 2nd weekend after Thanksgiving a large group came in They were staying in cabins and hosted their own cart parade and contest

Definitely will be decorations there...

We have gone several times checking in on Thanksgiving and then staying until the end of the following week. Lots of decorations the whole time. It's also a fairly descent time for the parks (once you get to "Sunday" after Thanksgiving)

When we were there last year the RV beside us was fully decorated for Thanksgiving and then the day after they switched gears and were fully decorated for Christmas....the transformation was amazing to watch! I thoroughly enjoyed all their decorations.

We went the week after Thanksgiving 2016 and did the horse drawn carriage ride to see all of the decorations. It was a little pricey, but our tour guide was really great and it was a special experience. We took the latest ride and were able to watch the electrical water pageant before we left. There were a lot of sites with lights and blow up decorations. Also, we got a limited edition pin for the experience that had Belle and the Beast in a horse drawn carriage. Really cute. The trees around the fort were great too. We're going in June this year, but we definitely want to do another holiday trip in the future.

I've been going down for yrs the week after thanksgiving week and it seems to get a little worse every year , did honeymoon there last year and everypark we went to was busy besides Epcot in morning , keep in mind all visits were during weekdays the week after thanksgiving 2016 ,idk why these other web pages claim it's slow , I've interned there and seen it slow ,that week after tgiving isn't and hasn't been slow in quite some time.

I've been going down for yrs the week after thanksgiving week and it seems to get a little worse every year , did honeymoon there last year and everypark we went to was busy besides Epcot in morning , keep in mind all visits were during weekdays the week after thanksgiving 2016 ,idk why these other web pages claim it's slow , I've interned there and seen it slow ,that week after tgiving isn't and hasn't been slow in quite some time.
Yeah, we like that time too. We usually check in on Thanksgiving day, and stay through the following week. The crowds are definitely lower the week after Thanksgiving than they are the week OF Thanksgiving, but I wouldn't call them LOW. More like "Tolerable".

We do use other strategies too, to improve our success. Many folks like the EMH, I use the EMH avoidance strategy. We go to the park that had EMH the day before (as most folks don't tend to go to the same park 2 days in a row), as many folks like to take advantage of EMH. For us, this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter