Wedding theme help!

StarryDreamer

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We are currently starting to plan our Disney World wedding - our 1st consultant call is July 7th, and we are looking at Nov 2024 dates. Hoping to get some input on theme here.

We have narrowed down venues we like - ceremony is likely going to be at Sea Breeze Point. We loved multiple theme park venues (mostly EPCOT and Tree of Life), but we wouldn't want to do after park close and keep our guests an extra day by having to have our reception the next day, and I think before park open may be too early for us 😅 We also have a young daughter (6 at time of wedding) that will be our flower girl, so we don't want to make the time too hard on her. It'll be something we discuss during the call.

As for reception, top 3 are Tower of Terror Courtyard, Living Seas Salon, and Theater of the Stars. It doesn't look like Star Wars Launch Bay is offered anymore (not in the info sheets they sent us), or that would 100% be our top choice.

However, we have no idea what to do for theme! Beauty and the Beast and Tangled are our favorite Disney movies, but we also are huge Star Wars fans (and Marvel). We also love Up. Other than those, I've only been able to think of:
- wintery themes: Frozen; Christmas
- general fairytale (incorporating a lot of Disney movies)
- general Disney, Mickey & Minnie type theme
- I am also a huge HM fan and fiance enjoys it too

My dress is very princess-y, an ivory ballgown with tons of sparkle, a long train, and floral appliques. My fiance is equally as stumped, but we know we want to incorporate some Star Wars elements into it regardless (like our grand exit under lightsabers!).

Any tips or ideas for nailing down our theme?! I would soooo appreciate any help, cute theme ideas, anything. We have time, but of course it's related to a lot of other choices like decor, floral, invites, and so on.

Disney doesn't advertise all the venues available, which is why I put them all on my WDW Venue Photo page—so you'll know to ask! I recently interviewed someone who was able to use Star Wars Launch Bay for an event, so it's always worth asking your sales consultant to check with the park about its availability at the time of your event.

Depending on how subtle you want the theming to be, you could incorporate ALL the things you love in your general fairytale theme idea. A popular option is to have each centerpiece at the reception themed after a different movie. You can also do subtle nods, like different Marvel or Star Wars character socks for the groomsmen or playing songs from your favorite movies during the processsional and recessional.

Your Disney floral planner will be a great resource for figuring out ways to incorporate the theme, but it's always good to have inspiration photos to share, and now is a great time to start collecting them!

Reactions: nyy
I would go for no theme and just incorporate whatever you want. If you can get beautiful roses, go for Beauty and the Beast for the flowers, or if you prefer lilies, go for Tangled. And the lightsabers for the exit. You can just call the theme overall 'Disney'.

Unless you have friends who are heavy on the Instagram, the person who is going to care the most about the decor is you. The rest of your guests will most like have forgotten about it as soon as they leave. Chances are much higher they will talk about the venue because a wedding at Disney is awesome, the food or your dress.

So, do whatever makes you (and your fiancé) happy. :)

I think whatever you go with, you will love it! Disney won't disappoint in this area. Good luck! I'm working on mine as we speak. :)

dont pressure yourself into deciding on a theme right away. As you continue planning your theme will probably emerge as a natural part of the process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter