Wedding in September or in March?

Finally after speaking to my family, most could not attend so my husband I decided to wait it out. Thank goodness or I would have been stuck with the whole covid-19 nightmare. It was a blessing in disguise. We actually went to Disney on vacation instead. I left end of Feb and flew home beginning of March just before the pandemic hit and we had to isolate. We were so lucky that no one got sick. I am still planning a vow renewal but it will only happen once it is safe to travel again. I did buy Carry's book on Fairytale Weddings so it is keeping me busy. LOL

Wow! Way to dodge a bullet! I'm glad you got a vacation out of it. Good luck planning in the future!!

Wow! Way to dodge a bullet! I'm glad you got a vacation out of it. Good luck planning in the future!!
Thank you! I got super lucky. I will definitely post my plans here as soon as I got something more concrete. Thanks for the concern, it is super sweet of you;)

Hi guys, after being married for almost 15 years, my husband and I decided to finally renew our vows. We had discussed doing it for our 10 year anniversary alone with our two boys but after calculating the cost and not being able to get what I really wanted without financial strain we decided to forget the whole thing.

We almost planned a last minute vow renewal on the beach on our Family vacation in Hawaii two years ago but I ended up backing out again. I finally realized that I didn’t want to do a rushed vow renewal. I wanted time to plan and really enjoy the experience. I was also lying to myself and my husband about not wanting to share this special event with my family. I wanted mom and dad to be there as well as my parents-in-law who I am very close to. I also want my sister there with her family. I wanted my nephew and niece to participate in the ceremony.

Anyway to get to the point, we decided to do this at Disney and to invite the family. Since we live in Canada we will need to factor in the cost of flying down.
At first my husband wasn’t too crazy about pulling the kids out of school and mentioned doing this in the summer. But after giving it some thought I realized that I am not doing Disney with a large group in the summer with the crowds and heat!:scared:

So that leaves Early Spring and the Fall. Winter weather is just too unpredictable, Christmas break is too expensive.

Ideally I would have chosen October, April or Mai but unfortunately, I cannot take off work at those times of year which sucks.

So after discussing it with hubby, we came to the realization that September 2020 would be a good time to go since it is one of the cheapest time of year for flights and for room rates. September is right at the beginning of the school year so the kids don’t miss important tests. Plus WDW has lower crowd levels and usually offers deals in the fall which is great for our guest. My favourite part is that Disney parks are decorated with Halloween decoration and we could attend MNSSHP. Plus It is still warm enough to still enjoy the pools. The big hiccup is that it is hurricane season!!! Always a risk! I went to Disney in September 3 times in the past and never encountered really bad weather other than a few afternoon showers.

Another option is Canadian March Break which falls on the first week of March 2020. We would have to fly out 3-4 days before that because flight at that time of year are quite expensive and leaving earlier will save a few hundred $$. The good thing is that the kids would miss little school and March is free of hurricanes and has a lot less rain than September. Unfortunately, The last 2 times I traveled to Orlando at that time of year we had mixed weather. We experienced a lot of days of really chilly weather mixed with a couple of days of really hot weather. The other downside is that the parks are busier and it is a lot more expensive. That means our guest will have to spend a lot more money on flights, rooms and food.

Which season do you think would be better for an outdoor vow renewal?
I'll reccomend September for you, because the weather is more predictable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter