Wedding day dinner

Married at Poly - 08/2002! At the point near the water....it was wonderful...I believe it was the "intimate" wedding package...We had our "New" family of 5 (Me, then DS 10, DH and his DD9, DD8).....plus my family (DM, DSFam of 4, DDwith DSM) and DH had his DM/DD, DB with 3 kids)

We had the reception at the Poly which was wonderful...and we used the limo from the package to transport the family to the Contemporary to what was then the Concourse(?) Steak Restaurant....

It was all perfect and lovely...and I would say that if I had to do it again...I would love to plan it with a restaurant at the Contemporary...since the limo rides and getting to the Concourse was such a HIT with the kids...most had never been in a limo...and the CR was like HOllywood all the bright lights and the limo drivers helping us out like we were movie stars...the dinner was great ...but the choices like THe Wave are probably even better now.....

Congratulations...and have a Magical Visit!

Mary

I would pick a restaurant that will let you use their private dining room, or seat your party in a separate area by yourselves.

Jiko has the wine room. That would be nice for a party of 20, if they'll let you have it to yourselves. The food is delicious there.

CG has a great private room (not the wine room) that has a first rate view of the fireworks. It's fairly large, however, and you may need more than 20 to book it. If they require more people for the private room, perhaps they'd book the wine room for you (no fireworks view though).

I don't know if Yachtsman has a private room. The food is good there. Citrico's has an area toward the back, looking over the marina, which also has a view of the fireworks. Although not a private room, your party would be in the corner, a bit by yourselves.

V&A has an area that can be closed off for a private party. Frankly, V&A would be my choice for a wedding dinner. Very fancy, quite pricey. But, by far the most memorable food, wine and service anywhere on Disney property. Not at all stuffy service -- but rather service that is warm, welcoming and perfect. Nothing else comes close. No children under 10 allowed, but they might make an exception for a private party in the closed off area.

Artist Point is nice and although I'm not aware of a private room there, they have an alcove area where they could put your party.

Other possibilities for dinner in the Epcot area (I'd check and see if they have private dining areas). Flying Fish Cafe (has a wine room). Shula's (great steaks and service -- not sure if they have a private room). Blue Zoo (haven't eaten there but looks great if there is a private room).

I would avoid any restaurant that is a 1 table service credit restaurant. The quality of food and service has declined so much at those restaurants that you could not be assured of a nice dinner (IMO).

I'm getting married (fingers crossed!) at the Yact Club Gazebo next December :goodvibes Like others I would suggest somewhere around the boardwalk would be handy. Were thinking of the Wave at the Contemporary for ours - but that does involved travelling time :thumbsup2

Here are some of the ones we thought of:
California Grill
Artist Point
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Flying Fish Cafe
Jiko
Citricos

You can't make reservations for Beaches and Cream so personally I wouldnt got there as it would stress me out!

Have a look on the wedding board on here there are lots of helpful disney brides on there :bride:

Jiko is lovely...very sophisticated and yet you could still bring a child there easily.

The child is in their wedding, they're not going to stick him in a child care center! That would be mean.:confused3

Citrico's or Narcooses would be other lovely choices. The nice thing about Narcooses is it is a nice atmosphere and you may be able to get seated by the window (probably, especially if they know it's your wedding!) and you can see the MK fireworks and such!

Depending on the child, it might not be mean at all - it might be a treat. My girls loved the onsite child care at the Poly. The child could have a lot more fun playing video games than being the only child at a dinner with a bunch of adults :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter