Website for DVC rental

But his website is still up and running, right? I mean he has to be an associate on numerous DVC accounts to still be in business. Sorry for all the questions, but I do find this so interesting. And why does Diseny exspect for some members to forfiet some of their points each year?

But his website is still up and running, right? I mean he has to be an associate on numerous DVC accounts to still be in business. Sorry for all the questions, but I do find this so interesting. And why does Diseny exspect for some members to forfiet some of their points each year?

There is no reason for Disney to expect that some members will forfeit points. If the owners were savvy enough to buyh, they should not have purchased more points than they can use by banking/borrrowing.

However, there are always some points that will go to waste, whether because the owner has passed away and the contract is tied up in court, or because of a diverce, or simply a careless owner who forgot to bank. That is simply normal.

There is little direct benefit to Disney if an owner lets points expire. Sure, they may get an extra room to rent, but in todays market, with slower than average cash rentals, that is hardly a plus.

There is no reason for Disney to expect that some members will forfeit points. If the owners were savvy enough to buyh, they should not have purchased more points than they can use by banking/borrrowing.

However, there are always some points that will go to waste, whether because the owner has passed away and the contract is tied up in court, or because of a diverce, or simply a careless owner who forgot to bank. That is simply normal.

There is little direct benefit to Disney if an owner lets points expire. Sure, they may get an extra room to rent, but in todays market, with slower than average cash rentals, that is hardly a plus.

I think that it happens more then we would expect.

We have met numerous Members over the years who for one reason or the other, hold on to their memberships, but don't vacation every year. They think that banking and renting are a hassle so they forfeit their points.

Disney still gets their dues, but doesn't have to provide the room, electricity, or Mousekeepers. It may seem like a small thing, but I am sure that Disney tracks forfeitures on some report.

:) Bill

I thick that it happens more then we would expect.

We have met numerous Members over the years who for one reason or the other, hold on to their memberships, but don't vacation every year. They think that banking and renting are a hassle so they forfeit their points.

Disney still gets their dues, but doesn't have to provide the room, electricity, or Mousekeepers. It may seem like a small thing, but I am sure that Disney tracks forfeitures on some report.

I pretty much agree with you.

Some of the forfeited points probably end up as breakage inventory and if those rooms are reserved for cash, the members get the proceeds as a credit towards cash.

I pretty much agree with you.

Some of the forfeited points probably end up as breakage inventory and if those rooms are reserved for cash, the members get the proceeds as a credit towards cash.

How much do we get and how much does Disney keep? Sure would be interesting to know.

I have made inquires such as this to Disney in the past, but I was told that the information wasn't readily available or that they needed clearance from legal which never came. I wonder what they are hiding?

How much do we get and how much does Disney keep? Sure would be interesting to know.

I have made inquires such as this to Disney in the past, but I was told that the information wasn't readily available or that they needed clearance from legal which never came. I wonder what they are hiding?

I think of Disney's cut as a commission for finding a customer and taking care of the rental details. IMO, it's a pretty significant amount, maybe as much as 40%.

Just guessing of course, since I have no data. Basing the guess on the amount of points it takes to stay at one of the non-DVC WDW resorts. Looks like DVC usually has to rent more than one DVC night to pay for one non-DVC resort stay. That has to be the main reason it costs more points to trade out than to stay at a DVC resort.

I thought maybe the points to trade would go down some once the $95 fee was instituted for practically everything non-DVC, but that didn't seem to happen either. So I think their cut is a lot.

Not sure I care personally, since I don't trade out and do not value the option to do so at the current exchange rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter