Webmaster Request

eek40

DIS Veteran
Dear kind webmasters,

Is there anyway we can put all the "Roll Call's" in a separate area, have its own little section so to speak? Sometimes it seems that this site gets so many of those that we have to hunt for the other posts. Just an idea, thanks for listening.
Aimee

Just wondering, could there be a set-up where there is a pre-initiated thread for each upcoming cruise for the next XX number of weeks. They would all stay in chronoligical order by date, so that category would look Something like what is shown below....

I imagine that this would take some time, and would require a volunteer Mod to set up and maintain???

Hhhmmmm???

Great idea! It's so time consuming to sift through the roll calls when looking for other topics.

Wishing on a star, what an awesome addition to eek's idea!!

how about we throw some pixie dust on this idea??! ;)

I think that would be a great idea for veteran's & newbies alike to quickly find the thread that would pertain to their cruise!!

phew...I am glad this is going over well:) I was worried that most people like it this way...I just have a hard time finding posts after all the "roll call " stuff.
Aimee

Love this idea too! I love the roll-calls threads and posted regularly last year on the very heavily traffic one for Halloween cruisers - this year our group (11/1) isn't as active and has been known to drop back a few pages. If we had a separate board for roll-call's only, the current cruises (ones coming up soon) would probably stay up at the top and the regular board would be easier to navigate (heehee)

Great idea!

Someone mentioned this about a month ago and got slammed for the suggestion that the roll calls were taking up a lot of space on the board. Interesting to see the change.

I agree....it would be so much nicer to see cruise information of general interest than so many roll calls. I suggested a link from the first page to the roll calls in order on a separate board. As long as the invitation to find your fellow cruisers is on the front page of this board, I feel like new members would find the groups just fine.

I seems in the past month or so that there are more and more Roll Call posts on the front pages and it is hard to find the other post among them...I would also like ot see them in their own seperate area.

Let me also add that it's hard to search (with the search engine) for an upcoming cruise if you don't know someone has started a thread already. We are cruising in October 2004 and I'm not sure if a thread has been started... here are all the possible ways I can think of searching (and I'm probably missing something!)

10/09/2004

10/9/2004

10/09/04

10/9/04

October 9, 2004

October 9, 04

Oct. 09, 04

Remember these last two abreviated dates won't show up in a search because you have to have at least 4 characters. So if the thread was started with an abreviation such as Oct. 09, 04 it won't even search for it.

Just another push towards this great idea. :)

PS.
Masonpips-

:wave:

We were on the same Halloween thread she mentioned earlier.

Hey My3kids... I do remember that thread got a bit heated... I don't think it was the idea of a separate category though... I think it is a good idea!

I think the OP made a comment or two that might have come across the wrong way. Then, once the flames start.... wildfire spreads!!! :p I even got a comment because I had pulled together all of the DISers that I could find on our sailing and called it the "OFFICIAL" thread for the Sept. 21st Wonder???? One poster asked 'just what makes one thread any more official than another'??? :rolleyes: LOL!!!

Without going back and re-reading that earlier thread, what I recall about that request was that folks not start a new thread without making an effort to determine whether there was already a thread for that cruise already out there.

The request on this thread is that there could be another cruise-related board just for those threads. I agree that's a great idea. I suspect that the software that drives these boards, however, would make it impossible to sort the threads by date of cruise.

When I suggested the idea of the pre-initiated sorted threads, I was thinking of, like, the threads we see at the top of each category, the ones that the Mods have locked in place... You know, the ones with *IMPORTANT* on them. So, I am still wondering if this could be done????? ( as mentioned, it would take a bit of time and effort to set up... then just a bit of maintenance... Might require a volunteer MOD????)

Wouldn't it be great for all the people who are chatting on the thread for their sailing, to actually see their thread/date moving closer and closer to the top of the list!!! :D

Wishing.....With DCL booking people as far as 2 years in advance, I think the "top" of the board would take the whole board...and then some!

I'm glad the idea is "out there" though. It would be a lot easier, boh for those looking for cruise mates, and those who don't bother looking at those threads.

Yep, you are right!!!! Actually, these threads WOULD be the whole board.... I wonder if new threads by anyone other than the MOD's who are maintaining it could be 'locked-out'???

There could be threads for all dates for like the upcoming six months??? 12 sailings a month for 6 months... that would be 72 threads total. Hhhhhmmmm????

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter