Weather in November ???

We have sailed on the Wonder every Thanksgiving since it set sail, and it has always been warm enough to swim. Seas are usually calm (the gulf stream crossing can be wavy, but that it quickly over with), and the nights can require a sweatshirt but other than that it should be pleasant. We have never been rained out at Castaway Cay in Nov. (or, thankfully, any other time either!). Keep in mind that we are from Chicago, so we are quite hardy about swimming.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks Barb,
I was just wondering if I should bring warm clothes. I am normally very hot natured person. But one never knows. After getting some sun and the cool night air might be wise to bring at least a light weight sweater....

looking forward to hearing from your back to back cruises. then we can have some up to date info before we leave out in Nov.
thanx again

We went once the week of Thanksgiving, and we thought the weather was good. I would like to go again around that time of the year, but it interefers with hunting season for my husband.

Sue,
I totally understand that statement about hunting that is the reason My girlfriend and I are going without our spouses because it is Hunting season... but I think that will be nice to Girls week out... Cant wait.

Cindy, you should have lots of fun. I know that in October, my girlfriend and I are going to be taking advantage of my $99 voucher, because that would interfer with hubby's bow season. I am counting on this cruise to be really relaxing and fun. I don't get to spend as much time with my friend, and this way we can both be pampered for a few days.

Sue,
I am sure you and your friend will have a great time also... You will have to let me know the does and dont's when you get back... what excursions what...what spa treatments.... I am already excited....

Have a BLAST!!

Have a great trip I will be waiting to hear...

I took the 7 day Magic cruise the weekend after Thanksgiving 2000. It was an absolutely beautiful time to cruise. Weather was sunny, in the 80's and very pleasant. I had a sweater for the evenings, but never needed to wear it. Enjoy!! :)

Carol,
thanks for the info... sounds like Thanksgiving is a good time to cruise... I may have to talk with my family about going on a holiday cruise... do they decorate the ship for the holidays? I am excited about it not being to hot... but was it warm enough to swim?

Cyndi,

our family had no problems thinking it was warm enough to swim, however we are from Iowa, and so the weather was much warmer than what we had at home. I have noticed that some folks from the southern states think it is a little cool for swimming...

We went on a 4-day over Thanksgiving of 2000. DH, me, DS, & my Mom. It was wonderfully warm, even though the skies were overcast much of the time. We were a little too chilly to swim on CC because it was overcast and breezy, but some people were swimming and seemed happy. I never needed a sweater or jacket, even at night. Super weather.

Our problem was on the return home. We came back to 30 degree weather and were still in light-weight clothing! Brrrrrr. Should have thought ahead. :rolleyes:

Oh, and the ship was decorated for Christmas. All of the characters dressed in Christmas outfits too. That was a nice touch.

Hope you have a great time! We'll be on the 7-day Magic eastern on November 2nd. Hope all my talk about great weather holds out for my trip! :smooth:

well, I am from Florida so I am use to warm to hot weather. so I hope I will be able to swim I enjoyed snorkeling around Castaway cay even if they did plant all the stuff there. It is nice to see the fish swimming around.
I have not decided on an excursion but I am thinking about the dolphin swim.

That is neat that they decorate the ship... we are planning a family vacation for 2003.. so not sure which month we will go... leaning toward May or the 1st part of June I do not want to go when it is really hot....but always nice to know about the the Holiday cruises... that sounds like it would be fun...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter