Weather & Crowds In March

angel659

<font color=peach>Have A <font color=deeppink>Magi
Hi

We have just got back from our wonderful holiday to Orlando and are already planning our next trip for March 2007. I dont know if I can wait that long LOL.

The reason we are going then is my dh will be 30 and it would be nice to spend it out there. The dates we will be leaving is 2nd March and hopefully minimum 2 weeks, but would love to go for three. My dh is dubious about going for 3 I think its because he will be using so many holiday days so early in the year.

I have never been this time of year and would love to know what is the weather and crowds like at that time of year? Can you wear shorts? Can you go swimming? We missed TL and BB this year and would love to go then.

Thanks

Hi,

I think crowd wise you will be fine as far as I am aware. Probably depends on which part of the month, Easter time is obviously busy.

The weather is uncertain though, we went in March this year 13th-27th.
To say the weather was changeable is a big understatement - we had 4 days I think when it rained all day - grey skies, British type!
And probably 4 or 5 nice days.
However, most mornings in particular it was pretty cold and most of the time didn't reach 70 degrees until later in the day - people were buying sweaters etc at the parks.
I wore shorts the whole holiday, but there were times when the majority had 3/4 or full length trousers on.

It ruined our day at Discovery Cove, when following a lengthy thunderstorm we finally got in the water - our boy was freezing when he came out.

We were watching the forecasts for a couple of weeks before we went and the temp was not reaching 70 degrees most days.
Having said that the average is more like 80 so whether it was just a bad couple of weeks I do not know - I would be wary personally of going in March again.
I think the weather is becoming harder to predict in Florida especially in the feb/mar/apr months.

We are stuck with August now really because of the school holidays but without putting a dampner on your plans you cannot be guaranteed good weather in March.

Johnny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!