Wearing makeup to the parks

I am one that does not wear makeup in the parks. I am so fair that I have to wear a ton of sunscreen. Plus, to me, part of the fun of being on vacation is NOT having to go through the daily ritual of wearing any makeup.

I do wear it in the parks because I can't stand how blotchy my skin looks in photos without it. Another Bare Minerals wearer here, at least in the summer. In the winter, my face is to dry for it and I have to switch to a moisturizing foundation, but on a summer day in Florida it is perfect!
Now if I could find a good waterproof mascara...

I used to wear the Bare Minerals. Now I wear the Mineral Power from Maybelline. I like it as much as the Bare Minerals and it is less expensive.

To everyone looking for smudge proof and waterproof mascara, try Tube Your Lash. I LOVE it.

I am one that does not wear makeup in the parks. I am so fair that I have to wear a ton of sunscreen. Plus, to me, part of the fun of being on vacation is NOT having to go through the daily ritual of wearing any makeup.

Same here, however when we go in the winter I use makeup because I can! I cannot do makeup in the heat and humidity, but I love doing the hair and makeup when it is cold outside!

When we go in the cooler weather I wear my normal makeup (which isnt that much) but in the hot weather I wear tinted moisturizer with sunscreen, tinted chapstick and mascara.

I know you all swear by that Bare Minerals stuff. But I have oily skin and it just gets yucky on me.

Because of my oily skin and the heat when it comes to my skin I just use concealer under the eyes and maybe a smudge of water based foundation just on the eyelids and under the eye ( to help makeup stick) and then a light dusting of powder. And bring a cotton ball dipped into some astringent ( like clean and clear or sea Breeze ) in a ziplock baggie and blot my face later in the day. It kills any bacteria so I dont get breakouts and makes my face feel clean.

I use Revlon Colorstay for lipliner and eyeliner. Although I will try that new eyeliner on QVC . Most of the long last lipsticks work great as well and stay put all day.

I am going to try out that tube mascara stuff u guys keep talking about .

Maybe I will do a makeup report along with my trip report when I get back to let you guys know how it held up. Its going to be darn hot I know that! The ultimate test!

Mrs Aardvarks puts on basic makeup only for the parks. It takes her about 5 mins tops after she gets out of the shower.

From memory, she just uses a foundation with sunscreen and some eyeshadow and waterproof mascara. She rarely wears lipstick. Non of this is special grade, just the regular Boots UK brand.

After 25 years of marriage, she still looks good to me

Well, I'm one of those that has to wear full make-up to the parks and waterparks. I don't let anyone lay eyes on me without it. I won't answer the door or go out my door without it. My family still teases me to this day (15 years later) about putting on my makeup and fixing my hair to go to the hospital to deliver my baby. Anyway, could you imagine going all the way to WDW and meeting someone you know. It's happened many times.

I too wear Bare Escentials mineral make up and a full face takes me ten minutes (even with opening and putting away all the little jars). When I go to the parks I wear an abrievated version and carry a powder compact for touch-ups (so necessary in the FL heat/humidity).

I usually don't bother doing my hair in the am because I am going to squash it with a hat, but I do it after my mid-day swim break and then don't wear a hat when we go back in the evening.

My daughter bought me Bare Minerals, but the makeup (as most do) turned orange on my skin. The only makeup I can wear is the long-lasting Revlon, and I brush Lancome's pressed powder over that. I look absolutely awful without makeup. Therefore, I am one of those who wears makeup at WDW. The problem I have is with my hair becoming damp and curly. I just avoid having my picture taken ;)

iuki
:surfweb:

I don't wear makeup at the parks. I will take a little with me to wear out for dinner if the mood strikes me. I don't wear makeup at home - only if I am going out anyway, then it's very little.

I used to wear Bare Escentuals, but after a while I had a reaction to one of the ingredients and my skin became very itchy in the heat. I switched to Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten, which is a liquid foundation that's been baked into a powder compact. I've found it gives better coverage than BE and has longer staying power, especially in the heat.

A good tip to stop your foundation from 'melting' off your face is to use a primer first. Philosophy does one that has an SPF in it, if your foundation doesn't.

I'd also recommend the mascara that 'tubes' your lashes for its staying power. I'm not familiar with the brand that's already been mentioned, but there are also similar ones by Blinc and Philosophy and they are excellent for staying put under all conditions, but do come off very easily once you're ready to remove it.

Well, I'm one of those that has to wear full make-up to the parks and waterparks. I don't let anyone lay eyes on me without it. I won't answer the door or go out my door without it. My family still teases me to this day (15 years later) about putting on my makeup and fixing my hair to go to the hospital to deliver my baby. Anyway, could you imagine going all the way to WDW and meeting someone you know. It's happened many times.

Girl, add me to your list of full on make up.:goodvibes
All of my babies were born with me in full make up, hair curled. I didn't want to meet them for the first time looking awful, LOL. I even got up the day after delivery with all of them in the hospital and put it all on and curled again!

The thought of going anywhere without makeup is foreign to me.:confused3

My Mom always said "Honey, there's enough ugly in the world without me adding to it, that's why I wear makeup and get dressed up every day."

I guess she rubbed off on me- I think the same thing.:goodvibes

Jo

You know what works beautifully? Just get your eyelashes dyed before Disney. No worries, you wake up beautiful, you swim and your beautiful, you "glow" buckets and you're beautiful. And...if you're like me and have eyelashes that won't curl for diddly, get them permed too! It's gorgeous, seriously. (Yes, they put itsy bitsy little curlers on your eyelashes. It's bizarre and good for a laugh as well and looks incredible.)

Then if you go out for a dinner, you can put mascara on as well for a dramatic look.

For lips, go with Max Factor Lipfinity, a two step process wherein you put the color which absorbs into your very molecules, beats up existing pigmentation, and replaces it. Kind of like Pod People for lips. Then add the moisturizer or your lips will look like you've been wandering in the Gobi for 3 days. And it will stay through eating, drinking, kissing, brushing teeth, and biting your lip at the TOT.

I'm a fan of Bare Minerals too, but usually take Philosophy's The Supernatural (also minerals) on trips as it is all in one container; less spillage.:upsidedow I use a moisturizer with SPF, a little mineral makeup, a little blush and mascara. No liner or eyeshadow that would only melt. I am very fair, so a little color helps.

no makeup for me at disney - some chapstick, with a little lipstick over that - i'm good for the day!

I usually go sans makeup at the Parks, but that was before Bare Essentuals. I am going to give that a try in June and see if it can withstand the heat.

For those that use tinted moisturizers, do you have a brand you would reccommend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter