Wearing Crocs in the Parks?

BlueStarryHat

South Philly Girl
I see so many people wearing Crocs and saying how comfy they are for walking WDW. I thought I might like to try them on our upcoming trip. My problem is I'm very susceptible to blisters and I'm afraid in particular that the back strap will rub and give me one on the back of my foot. How have you who have worn them liked them? Are they *really* good for all the walking in WDW?

Years ago I wore them and loved them. I walked a lot in them prior to the trip to make sure they would be okay. I discovered this one spot on one foot that had the possibility to bother me so every morning I rubbed some body glide on that spot before heading out for the day and I did fine. No foot issues at all.

Reactions: sms
I don't bring any other shoes for walking in the parks. Crocs are wonderful! Light on the feet! I've not had problems with blisters at all. I averaged about 15 miles a day last year for 8 days without an issue

I bought my original pair from zappos.com, but I bought a new pair last year at Mouse Gears in Epcot. You can also try crocs.com

Sorry to hear about your blisters, I've been there myself over the years.

6pm.com just ran a sale on crocs. I love them but my 8yo DD hates them. The do make a funny squeeky noise when they get wet. 6pm.com also offers free shipping.

I love love love crocs. I've never worn them in the parks because I last went in 1982. However, I can't wear them for extended walking anymore since I injured my foot two years ago (tore a tendon). When I do I get this painful twinge in my arch that causes me to limp for a while so I won't be able to test them out in the parks.

6pm.com just ran a sale on crocs. I love them but my 8yo DD hates them. The do make a funny squeeky noise when they get wet. 6pm.com also offers free shipping.

I guess it can't be worse than waking up and realizing your sneakers are still wet from the day before. That's awful. At least with Crocs you can just wipe them off I suppose.

I guess it can't be worse than waking up and realizing your sneakers are still wet from the day before. That's awful. At least with Crocs you can just wipe them off I suppose.

this is the main reason my daughter won't wear them. She hates the noise when they get wet. I wear them when I garden at home and DH wears them as slippers around the house. I don't know if I would wear them to walk all day at the parks. But that is just my preference.

I always worry about shoes falling off when on a ride. There are less issues for things like that since Magic Kingdom did away with the cable cars years and years ago, but I do recall people losing flip flops from that all the time. Other than that I see no issues and do feel that they would work better for wet rides like Splash Mountain, etc.

I think Crocs are wonderful. I was shocked when they became like a "joke" because I considered them so great.
Have many pairs ....3 of which are sandals called "Cleo". Light as a feather and can't live without them (even for slippers, beach shoes, shower shoes, whatever).

There is a product at Walgreens in the Band-Aid department called:
"BAND-AID
Friction Block
Stick"

It looks like a tiny Deodorant and it's the best product on the market. You simply put it where you think there might even be the 'slightest' possibility of something rubbing (toes, heel, etc.) and it's like a miracle. I would never go to Disney World or any trip without it. Amazing product.

There is a product at Walgreens in the Band-Aid department called:
"BAND-AID
Friction Block
Stick"

It looks like a tiny Deodorant and it's the best product on the market. You simply put it where you think there might even be the 'slightest' possibility of something rubbing (toes, heel, etc.) and it's like a miracle. I would never go to Disney World or any trip without it. Amazing product.

This sounds right up my alley! I even get blisters on the tops of my toes after a day in the parks, probably from my socks rubbing. I'll look into this-thanks for the tip!

Crocs are great at Disney World. I have a pair of Mary Janes that I adore. I'm actually on my second pair!

http://www.supershoes.com/womens-cr...23924c896759&gclid=COfQgoDAn8UCFdMkgQodf6MAcg

Last year I purchased a pair of the Croc flip-flops and was pleasantly surprised that they were just as comfortable during a full day at the parks. They looked a bit like these ones:
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-baya-fli...d=001&cgid=women-footwear-flip-flops#start=12

I will say that I do rotate my shoes if I am going to parks on back to back days. I'll wear the Crocs one day, then my tennis shoes the next. It gives my feet a break and helps to prevent blistering.

I love crocs. If the strap bothers you get a pair of scissors and cut it off. That's what i do with all my crocs when i get new ones. :) I can't stand the straps

My Crocs were my go-to shoes for Disney World for the last several years, but last year I discovered Teva Olowahu sandals and love them even better. They're just as light and cushiony and it doesn't matter if they get wet, but they're also cuter (IMO) and my feet don't feel as sticky/sweaty as they did in my Croc Mary Janes. I wore these things for a solid week in WDW and my feet felt the best they ever have on a Disney vacation.

http://amzn.com/B0017LT9U8

I have always worn Crocs flip flops (the Capri versions) for my last three trips and I won't wear anything else. My feet are not tired at all by the end of the day.

I got some disney crocs while there because my feet hurt so badly from both my sneakers and sandals... I got the flip flop kind in Epcot! Wish I got them sooner! I lived in them the rest of the trip!!!

I got a pair of croc flip flops/sandals that I'm excited to try when we go. I plan on bringing them to Hershey Park and testing them out there on a small scale, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter