Wearing Crocs in the Parks?

Oh, now I don't know what to do! On the one hand so many people are saying they're great I almost ordered a pair the other day, but on the other hand I don't want to shell out $35 dollars for shoes that might hurt my feet. Ugh, decisions!

I want to thank everyone for their input-it *really* has helped a lot. :)

I have a pair that look pretty similar to a cute pair of shoes. Now I'm contemplating taking those.... my regular crocks are way too dirty to sport at WDW lol
My "cute" ones I even wear to work sometimes but with some people I hate it when they squeak so I have to wear some sort of socks with them.

I wear crocs a lot - worn them to WDW. The ones I wear don't really look like Crocs though - I have a ballerina-slipper style, and another that's like a ballet slipper with a peep-toe. (I'm wearing those right now at work, actually!).

When I first got them, there were a couple of places they rubbed. So I put some moleskin on the shoe in those places. They're fine now. The Moleskin has stayed put for at least a year.

Also, beware - when wet, Crocs are slippery. Not the shoe on the pavement, but your foot in the shoe. You can roll an ankle or lose your footing pretty quick if you're not careful. But on the plus side, they dry quickly. You won't be in wet, soggy, squashy shoes the rest of the day.

Would love to wear mine, but the kids wont be seen dead with me if that were the case

DS10 only wears Crocs in the parks. Crocs don't fit me correctly (in between sizes). My go to park shoe is the Skechers Reggae Rasta. Tons of support and super comfy. I can't wear normal flip flops, but the way the Rasta's ribbon lays flat between my toes works perfectly. I haven't taken tennis shoes in years.

Would love to wear mine, but the kids wont be seen dead with me if that were the case

Yeah, my sister is already laughing at me and I haven't even bought them yet. Makes me want to buy the hot pink and lime green ones just to make her even more embarrassed to be seen with me. :D

Yeah, my sister is already laughing at me and I haven't even bought them yet. Makes me want to buy the hot pink and lime green ones just to make her even more embarrassed to be seen with me. :D

Fantastic. I had a camo pair with muppet buttons on them. At 6'2" and 300lbs nobody else was going to laugh in my face, but my own kids are much more cruel :)

I think Crocs are wonderful. I was shocked when they became like a "joke" because I considered them so great.
Have many pairs ....3 of which are sandals called "Cleo". Light as a feather and can't live without them (even for slippers, beach shoes, shower shoes, whatever).

There is a product at Walgreens in the Band-Aid department called:
"BAND-AID
Friction Block
Stick"

It looks like a tiny Deodorant and it's the best product on the market. You simply put it where you think there might even be the 'slightest' possibility of something rubbing (toes, heel, etc.) and it's like a miracle. I would never go to Disney World or any trip without it. Amazing product.

I need to try this. Mine rub on the top of my foot.

I found some awesome shoes I'm planning to take to Disney. They're J-41's. They outer sole is engineered by Jeep and have great traction, they're made of mesh, neoprene, and waterproof leather. The inside sole is made of the same material as Crocs. They look more like a tennis shoes than a water shoe. You can wear them with either a sock or barefoot and they can be washed or wiped down, and dry very quickly. We live in tourist area by the beach, we do a TON of walking and I have been wearing them everywhere and they have not hurt my feet at all. I have to wear a lift in my shoes for my back and knees, so cute sandals and such aren't really an option for me (I can wear them for short periods of time), I need shoes that are very supportive and have a back to them. Which most times mean spending quite a bit of $$$ on shoes, especially since the lift breaks cheaper shoes down faster. I paid about $60 for them (on sale! UGH!) but I saw them today at Marshalls for about $40.

I got a pair of croc flip flops/sandals that I'm excited to try when we go. I plan on bringing them to Hershey Park and testing them out there on a small scale, lol.
Just something to keep in mind...Disney is pretty flat whereas HersheyPark has a lot more hills! I feel like I have shoes that rub differently when I'm on flat surfaces versus going up and down hills!

Now I'm thinking of Skechers GoWalks instead of Crocs. I think I might do better with a more traditional shoe.

Skechers Go Walks hurt my feet. They are too squishy and did not have enough support. I like Keen Whisper sandals and New Balance sneakers.

I wore expensive walking tennis shoes last time and my feet sweat so badly that I had blisters on all my toes. I will ONLY wear Crocs this time but not the old clog type - I am in love with the Croc Cleos! Comfort of Crocs without that Croc look. They are a 2 strap sandal and I have worn them walking all day through the zoo and other places with my kids with little to no pain. I will also bring along a pair of Croc Kadees that are flats. I wear them and have walked 3+ miles in them around campus without a blister. Love them!

I used to wear crocs clogs all the time.....they are super comfortable- mold to my high arched foot and everything... but I dislike the slipperiness of the bottom in wet weather... anyway due to times a'changing and different fashion sense now:rolleyes1 (I didn't say i have good taste now,just different!:hyper:) so I prefer a combo of Birkenstock sandals, Teva Mush Flip Flops,or Jambu MaryJanes... I still have my old crocs that I wear as house shoes,or camping, or wherever it's convenient

I see so many people wearing Crocs and saying how comfy they are for walking WDW. I thought I might like to try them on our upcoming trip. My problem is I'm very susceptible to blisters and I'm afraid in particular that the back strap will rub and give me one on the back of my foot. How have you who have worn them liked them? Are they *really* good for all the walking in WDW?

We had bought some Mickey Crocs ( my brother and I ) for fun. At first they *were* indeed very comfortable. Now I don't know if I have especially "round" feet on top or what, but with ALL the walking, the tops of my feet were rubbing on the top of the crocs and cause massive chafing after a day of park-walking. I didn't wear them for the rest of the trip. I DO still wear them around the house and in the garden though.

I bought everyone native shoes for our trip. Sorta like crocs except much cuter! Buy from somewhere that does free returns in case you don't like them. I usually wear the shoes in the house for a few hours and go from there.

Just something to keep in mind...Disney is pretty flat whereas HersheyPark has a lot more hills! I feel like I have shoes that rub differently when I'm on flat surfaces versus going up and down hills!

Oh, okay thanks! They did decent in Hershey. The balls of my feet were slightly sore but nothing like usual. I love them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter