Wearing Crocs in the Parks?

Oh, now I don't know what to do! On the one hand so many people are saying they're great I almost ordered a pair the other day, but on the other hand I don't want to shell out $35 dollars for shoes that might hurt my feet. Ugh, decisions!
Do you have a Marshalls or TJ Maxx near you? They usually have some hanging on the wall near the kid's shoe sections. They run $15-20 but you can at least test them out.

I only wear Croc flipflops (capri). I got my first pair by accident at Big Lots for $10! I can only wear lined crocs, everything else ends up rubbing somewhere on my feet and creates blisters.

Do you have a Marshalls or TJ Maxx near you? They usually have some hanging on the wall near the kid's shoe sections. They run $15-20 but you can at least test them out.

I only wear Croc flipflops (capri). I got my first pair by accident at Big Lots for $10! I can only wear lined crocs, everything else ends up rubbing somewhere on my feet and creates blisters.

I do, yes. Thanks for the tip! :)

The best shoes are the ones that are comfortable and supportive for you. What those exact shoes are can only really be determined by you. I would suggest buying whatever type of shoe you're considering (especially something like Crocs or GoWalks) on sale somewhere and wear them a few times when you're going to be on your feet for several hours. I really wanted to like Crocs and have something lightweight to wear in the parks. I bought a pair several years ago and started wearing them around the house. After just a few short wearings, it was very obvious that I could never wear them for walking around Disney World (or any park for that matter). My feet, knees, hips, and lower back were killing me. Now I wear them to walk down our driveway to get the mail or just for puttering around in the yard. They never stay on my feet more than about 30 minutes. Then I thought the GoWalks looked great. I've worn other Skecher shoes and done well with them so I thought these would be a great option for me. Nope. I didn't even buy them. I tried them on and walked around the shoe department and I could immediately tell that my back would be hurting in no time. <sigh> So I'll stick with what works for me -- a pair of New Balance running shoes, a pair of Nike cross-trainers, and a pair of Fila walking shoes -- and I'll rotate through those during my trips to Disney. I also have a pair of Ecco sport sandals that while supportive and comfortable enough to wear around the resort and maybe on a quick trip to DTD, would never work for a full day of walking through the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter