We stayed at Pop -- first timers

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
DH and I have not stayed in a value in awhile. No particular reason. This year we have stayed at Contemp (MK view) and CBR. Next month will be our first time at FQ. So we do try a variety.
As usual with a value resort I was not expecting much. However I can see why so many like Pop. For a value it is a great resort. I really like the lush landscaping. Everything was clean and kept up.
Even the room was in good shape. Much better than the room we had at CBR a few months ago.
Check in was speedy, and we got a room closer than I expected -- the 50's section, and on the 4th floor. :cool1: I always like the top floor so was very happy with that.
However, we were facing the bowling pin pool. :scared1:
I am always leery about being near a pool between the smell and the noise. I did have an open mind about it as once we stayed at ASMu in Calypso, pool view. And once we closed the door we were surprised at hearing nothing from the pool area, even though they even had music playing.
Well, the pool area can certainly be heard behind closed doors at Pop. And it was noisy until midnight. I assume that is when the pool closes. :confused: Or at least it was finally quiet then.
DH brought ear plugs. He was the smart one. I laid there awake figuring the noise would die down eventually. I think too the noise was amplified by bouncing off the surrounding buildings.
I said to DH the next day I would have rather have been overlooking the parking lot on the other side of the building. He disagreed. But again, he was the one with ear plugs. :laughing:
Otherwise the rooms were amazingly quiet.
The only other issue was not the fault of check in. But the system was down. They were able to give us a room key. But beyond that, the card did us no good, even though we were on the DDP.
We had to get that straightened out later that night at the front desk, along with others I am sure were going through the same.
That took awhile as they could not find the code for the restaurant where we dined, and they were not answering their phone.
So no fault of the CMs at Pop. Just a bad situation for them all the way around.
The noise form the pool area was my only irritation while there. Overall a big thumbs up from us both.
Unless you like a pool view, at Pop I would pass on it.

I actually just requested first floor facing the hippy dippy pool due to my 5 year old and 3 year old loving the pool and the ease of going back and forth... am I nuts for doing this?

Well, with kids you will have noise whether you close the doors or not. :rotfl2:
DH and I just aren't use to it.
I doubt you will notice anything and will probably find it very convenient.

I actually just requested first floor facing the hippy dippy pool due to my 5 year old and 3 year old loving the pool and the ease of going back and forth... am I nuts for doing this?

No. My husband and I had a first floor room (2103) in the 50s that faced the pool. We had requested a king bed so I really didn't care since we got that.

I thought it would be noisy too, especially in the mornings. The only real thing I noticed that "annoyed" me was the music that was turned on at 9:00 AM every day. That didn't bother me. 50s music just ain't my style.

And I was expecting music at the pool and there was none. (Not that I cared one way or another.)

The Hour Glass Lake--or parking lot--side of the buildings is much quieter. I can sleep through almost anything, but I do try to avoid rooms near pool areas as much as possible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter