We made the news Florida channel 13 interview 4/30!!!

I am somewhat feeling the same way. Mostly because I feel like Disney Corporation has stolen from me.

They never told me that all the money I spent to obtain codes were a promotion. Had they have told me that, I would have never "wasted" my money. The pins are not anything I collect and honestly, they are sitting in a box in my closet. I do not care for them. My hard-earned money is not a promotion. ;)

They have taken something I really love on this earth (Disney) and have used it against me for their benefit and then labled it a promotion.
First of all THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED WITH SAVING VMK AND GETTING IT IN THE NEWS AGAIN. Good job to truebluefairy and kids. I saw the video today. AWESOME!!!:banana:

Second, Has anyone done any checking into filing suits against Disney for all the money they will lose from buying cards,movies, and things for virtual VMK items? Them closing VMK is like stealing from their fans. I know that money isn't the real reason for saving VMK but, It just might be used against Disney to help keep VMK open. Just a thought.

HARRYRABBIT said:
First of all THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED WITH SAVING VMK AND GETTING IT IN THE NEWS AGAIN. Good job to truebluefairy and kids. I saw the video today. AWESOME!!!:banana:

Second, Has anyone done any checking into filing suits against Disney for all the money they will lose from buying cards,movies, and things for virtual VMK items? Them closing VMK is like stealing from their fans. I know that money isn't the real reason for saving VMK but, It just might be used against Disney to help keep VMK open. Just a thought.
:welcome: TO THE DIS!

:disrocks:

Woot Woot congrats TrueBlueFairy you, and your kids did an awesome job. Thank you for doing this for the VMK family.:grouphug: I'll talk to you later

I think most people that have cancelled or are cancelling is because right now they are not feeling the Disney magic. I don't think it's really a thought out boycott. They just don't feel like going now because they are upset with Disney.
It's the same as if you always had fun at your friend's house before, but now he/she's done something to upset you. Would you really feel like going there for a while?

On the same note, I have several hundred Disney movies and I'm always watching them. Since the announcement, I have yet to watch one. I've always enjoyed them before. But right now, Disney just gives me a bad taste in my mouth and I just simply don't feel like watching them.

Well put! That's EXACTLY how I feel about it. It's not that I consciously decided to boycott, it's just that I'm not "feelin' the lurve" right now, and I'm pretty sure I won't for quite a long time. Certainly not enough to spend that kind of money on a trip. And I'm with you...I don't want to watch Disney movies right now either. Not because that's money out of Disney's pocket...we already own the movies (and the inferno that they were bought for!). I just don't feel very Disney.

It's not a boycott in the true sense of the word. However, Disney does need to be made aware that this situation is significantly affecting customer loyalty.

I will get the video from the studio and hopefully be able to post it later. :headache: Let you know when I get it! I wish they would actaully showed more of what I said!

At least It got aired....:wizard:

Congrats! :thumbsup2 You were awesome! Thank you and big bear hugs! :grouphug:

That was short, but Great! You and your kids were wonderful in the interview, your daughter was so cute how could Disney look at her cute little face and still shut down VMK. :sad2:

Again a big Thank You to you and your family for having the news crew go to your house and do the interview. :hug:

Thanks to all who have given me so much support! And also thanks for the kind comments about my daughter's hair :lovestruc ...(but what a pain to wash it!:crazy: )

It was a great experience to have the news crew come into our home, and a real learning experience. Funny how they took the video and
then left and put a whole different angle on what was actually said. I never said I would even consider a boycott...Im such a Disney freak that the thought never crossed my mind. I can understand, though, how it would feel to live hundreds or thousands of miles away and to have planned a trip to Disney to enjoy the real Park and be "in the magic" for real. Spending those "real credits" on a place that broke your heart and the hearts of your children doesn't sound so appealing anymore. I totally get that. They didn't put the part on the news where we talked about the people we know that depended on VMK for support and understanding while going through difficult times or illnesses, where they felt safe and had unconditional friendships. They also failed to put in the comment I made that "we are not a promotion, we are a community." I mentioned the Save VMK today website, but it was also ommitted. She took from it what she wanted, but changed the whole feel of what needed to be said about the thousands of people that will be beyond disappointed.

Anyway, I hope Disney is listening. I hope they will recognize the loss that shutting down VMK will have for it's fans. I hope they will see the many dreams it has crushed and hearts it has broken.

Long Live VMK!:wizard:

Donloaded shockwave again and nothing..... Is it up on youtube yet?

I never uploaded anything to youtube before (don't know if I'm doing it right), but I am trying for those who can't view the clip off the News 13 website.

Hi True

Big Hugs for what you have done. :hug:
:thanks:

I am sorry that they put the spin on it that they wanted through.

Star*

princess: :rotfl: :wizard:

We visited WDW for the first time last June. My kids and I became a part of VMK after returning from the parks with pins and codes from purchases.

We were so taken by VMK that we planned another trip right away. It was a chance for me to see the Halloween decorating, but my kids were anxious for more VMK items. Unfortunately Disney closed VMK central shortly before our trip in October. We still bought pins while there though.

If we cancel our trip in November it is not to "boycott" Disney. It is a direct reaction to how we feel taken by the company.

How can they keep pushing this promotion angle when they themselves said VMK was going nowhere? How could they give VMK prizes through the rewards program and not in bold letters say these items are only temporary? We would not have purchased some of the dvds to begin with, many were for points. Then points were wasted for items that are worthless.

Disney should return our points at the very least. I would also like my money back for the pins we bought just for the codes (we are not pin collectors).

It is like buying a ticket to a show or concert that they cancel. We all deserve a refund.

My kids feel that all their time was wasted on VMK. Yes, friends were made, but think of all the time given to quests and games.

We just aren't "feelin the love" for Disney anymore. Maybe that's a good thing.

I'm thinking we will go to Hawaii with our Disney money instead. Now that's some magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter