We dumped our 'cable' bill!

I dumped cable 2 years ago after they forced me to get a set top box. I refused and told them to cancel all of my tv service. I just have cable from Comcast for $39.95 per month inclusive of all taxes.

I don't understand. You dumped cable, or you have cable from comcast?

Oops. My mistake. I have internet from Comcast for $39.95 per month. I dumped the TV from Comcast.

What speed do you have? I have Comcast internet only and I was told $78.03/month after taxes.

I have the 25mbps and was thinking of dropping it lower but this know how much it would effect steaming.

I have DTV and cincinnati bell internet. The internet is $45 and the DTV is $89. I had it down to $70 but the special price they gave me ($10 off) ran out and then they raised it another $4. I could get back on the phone, but it is such a hassle. We have 2 receivers and no DVR. Our package is not one of the premium ones, but we do get the sports channels, which is the deal breaker for me. My sister went to and antenna plus netflix and has been satisfied.

My husband and I have been married for 25 years and we NEVER had cable. I know, I know. But we were always saving for something big that we wanted more than TV and my motto was always AVOID MONTHY BILLS as much as possible. When the kids were little I wanted to work as little as possible, when they were bigger I didn't want them watching to much TV and now that they are in college and HS we have been able to pour all that TV savings into nice college funds.

I must say however, that Netflix has not been a great thing in our house. My DS will pick a show and watch constantly till it is done. Sooooo much time in front of the set, and such a distraction for a very distractable boy. The fact that there are no commercials just keeps him glued to the set. Also the available content is much more R rated that we have ever had in our home.

I would suggest trying to continue to pay the cable $$$ to yourself in the form of savings of some sort. It really is a great motivator.

Congrats! We were without cable for several years, until football dragged me back in . . . We are on a much more streamlined plan though now. It's funny how you get used to it. I read so many more books without full cable.

We did to, and don't miss it at all!!!
We have a Roku box and a Blu Ray with internet, so we watch everything on
Hulu Plus and Netflix.

My most favorite show ever - Chopped (Food Network) and a few of the HGTV shows are the reason I hold on to cable, but the bill is outrageous. I'm looking to cut it, too. Are there any other ways to access these shows?

My daughter loves Sofia the First, but I'm hoping there's a Blu-ray out there that we can get to fill this void. It's just not worth the bill!

What speed do you have? I have Comcast internet only and I was told $78.03/month after taxes.

I have the 25mbps and was thinking of dropping it lower but this know how much it would effect steaming.

Usually I get between 3 to 5 mbps. You couldn't stream very effectively at these speeds. I told Comcast that I refused to pay more than $40 per month and they found a plan that fits my budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter