We are off to eat and drink around the world :)....

Since I can't seem to do a PTR or TR without inserting a few random pictures from my life along the way of planning here are some pictures

This was the 236th birthday of the Army, to celebrate there was a Birthday Ball at the National Harbor in DC (really Maryland).

DSCN1518-1.jpg

Mark Wills performed the first couple of songs and became the emcee of the event.

size0.jpg

Phil Vassar, was the main entertainment of the evening

DSCN1556.jpg

Comedian Chonda Pierce was the co emcee and she was pretty funny..
size0.jpg

This is a picture for the army... and is on the army website.
size0.jpg

What is funny, is that bald head on the right bottom side of the photo is my DH and the chick in glasses right in front of him is me!

Here is the food for the evening...

DSCN1534.jpg

DSCN1535.jpg

DSCN1549.jpg

More info has been posted... it is like pulling teeth around here to get all the info needed about F&WF...
http://land.allears.net/blogs/allearsteam/2011/07/passport_to_a_world_of_flavors.html

Here is some interesting things from that article
Hunnel notes that even returning marketplaces are going to be changing things up a bit -- in France, for example, they're going to offer Coq Au Vin.

"We talked to the managers and chefs at our operating participants," she says, "and they're doing a lot of other fun new things, too, including quite a few new dining events that they've not done in the past."

("Operating participants," by the way, are those locations around World Showcase that are not owned and operated by Disney, including the restaurants in Mexico, France and Italy.)

In France, for example, they will again be holding the French Regional Lunches as they have done the past few years, but they are also introducing a dining experience called, "The Best of Bocuse." Hunnel says this dinner will be "all about Paul Bocuse," the famous French chef who had a hand in developing the restaurants in the France pavilion. Mexico will not only continue with its popular Tequila Tastings in the La Cava tequila bar, but will add a tequila tasting plus lunch at its new La Hacienda. Not to be outdone, the Italy pavilion will offer beer and pizza tastings from 2 to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays in its newest restaurant Via Napoli, as well as an Italian dessert and wine pairing, and a special dining event on October 23 featuring Italian white truffles.​

Beer and Pizza tasting sounds right up DH's alley, I am sure he could do this.

Here is some more on the beer offerings...
Hunnel says that they are featuring eight craft beers from around North America in one of the marketplace booths. Brews from Canada, Lousiana, New Hampshire and Colorado will be included. But if crave an imported ale or lager, fear not -- you'll still find plenty of international beers at other marketplaces like Germany.​

And more info on the chocolate tasting... Of course it is not happening while I am there :sad2:

The Discovery of Chocolate. Offered on three Sundays (October 9 and 16, and November 6), this is a tasting that explores the many forms our favorite cacao bean can take.

"Each of these tastings is going to be very different," Hunnel asserts. "You'll have the chance to listen to experts talk about the origins of chocolate, while tasting different types -- maybe Mexican versus Belgian, or white, milk and different types of dark chocolate. You'll be tasting them with a cocktail or maybe wine, and at the end of the program you'll have the chance to try two tapas-sized dishes made with chocolate, one savory and one sweet."​

This is a picture for the army... and is on the army website.
size0.jpg

What is funny, is that bald head on the right bottom side of the photo is my DH and the chick in glasses right in front of him is me!

:lmao: I was thinking that looks like your DH from the back.

As most of you know the "Preview" was on July 16th one month prior to being able to book tickets.

Here is the link for the coverage...http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/07/17/2011-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-preview-dinner-details/

Here are a few of interest to me...
Italy Pavilion Events
The Italy Pavilion will introduce:

Italy Food & Beer Pairing, Tuesdays from 2-4pm at Via Napoli; $50
Italy Food & Wine Pairing, Wednesdays and Saturdays from 2-4pm; $65
Italy Dessert & Wine Pairing, serving wines that have not been available in the US previously, Thursdays from 2-4pm; $50
Italian White Truffle Lunch, Sunday, October 23 from 12-3pm; $175

This would be great except we have Flying Fish Chefs table on Tuesday, and Jiko on Wednesday. DH does not want to do the Dessert and wine. and we are at home on the 23rd.... So nothing for us from Italy!

Other New Seminars and Events
Don’t forget to catch these seminars and demonstrations!

*New* Mixology Seminars, Daily at 6pm, $12 (TiW $10, M-Th)
Culinary Demos and Wine/Bev Seminars are back. Culinary seminars are Daily at 1, 3, and 5pm; costs are $11 and $13 (TiW $9 and $11, M-Th). Beverage Seminars are Daily at 12, 2, and 4pm; costs are $10 and $12 (TiW $8 and $10 M-Th)

The new Cranberry Bog will hold court in the middle of the Festival!​

Well I think we are sticking with these seminars and Demos for the trip.
Mixology sounds good to me, but I guess we need to see what is being offered.

Here is a new link for info and facts about the F&WF....

http://wdwnews.com/releases/2011/07...ernational-food-wine-festival-by-the-numbers/

Something are pretty interesting
4,000 pounds of lobster for Linda Bean’s Perfect Maine Lobster Rolls and Linda Bean’s Lobster Claw Cuddlers at the Hops & Barley marketplace plus Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie at the Ireland marketplace.​

I have had the roll and the fisherman's pie but I don't remember the Cuddlers, it must be new.

So on Friday the early booking of seminars and demos opened up and of course the only one I was looking forward to I could not get tickets too...

So, I decided I would just make dinner reservations and we can always cancel if we want to, but have them in our back pocket.

Right now we have Sanna on Monday, Flying Fish Wine Tasting dinner on Tuesday, Jiko on Wednesday, and Yachtsman Steakhouse on Thursday.

Right now I have nothing for Sunday, do you think I need one?

Remember this is the first time my friends are coming to F&W and I want them to enjoy it all, but don't want them to be hungry anyway...

Right now I have nothing for Sunday, do you think I need one?

Remember this is the first time my friends are coming to F&W and I want them to enjoy it all, but don't want them to be hungry anyway...

I always figure that you need them at WDW, but you're staying at BCV right? I suppose you could always do a walk up at Beaches n' Cream or just start off at the Festival with the Kiosks. That's our dinner plan the first night we get there.

Sorry you didn't get the Mixology session you wanted. I'll be calling in Tuesday morning and the worst part is I have to set my alarm for 3:30AM :scared1:

I always figure that you need them at WDW, but you're staying at BCV right? I suppose you could always do a walk up at Beaches n' Cream or just start off at the Festival with the Kiosks. That's our dinner plan the first night we get there.

Sorry you didn't get the Mixology session you wanted. I'll be calling in Tuesday morning and the worst part is I have to set my alarm for 3:30AM :scared1:

Alison, I don't think a mixology class is worth a 3:30 AM wake up call.... I think I have decided $12.00 could buy me a full sized Blood Orange Margarita at La Cava, and I will be happy anyway....

So have you decided what you wanted to book?

Alison, I don't think a mixology class is worth a 3:30 AM wake up call.... I think I have decided $12.00 could buy me a full sized Blood Orange Margarita at La Cava, and I will be happy anyway....

So have you decided what you wanted to book?

It would have only been 5:30 for the Deminars! :lmao:

My plan is to book the following. The order is the one which I will request them once I get through on the phone which is based on how fast I think they will sell out. There will be two of us calling so we'll playing tag team booking. Judging by how fast some of the deminars sold out, I'm scared that these events might go even faster!

Friday Oct 28
12:00 Regional French Lunch 4th
8:30PM 3D Desserts (Sweet Seats) 1st

Saturday Oct 29
2:30PM Taste, Shake and Indulge like the French (Grand Mariner Tasting) 2nd
8:00PM Cat Cora Dinner 3rd (back up would be Thurs Oct 27)

It would have only been 5:30 for the Deminars! :lmao:

My plan is to book the following. The order is the one which I will request them once I get through on the phone which is based on how fast I think they will sell out. There will be two of us calling so we'll playing tag team booking. Judging by how fast some of the deminars sold out, I'm scared that these events might go even faster!

Friday Oct 28
12:00 Regional French Lunch 4th
8:30PM 3D Desserts (Sweet Seats) 1st

Saturday Oct 29
2:30PM Taste, Shake and Indulge like the French (Grand Mariner Tasting) 2nd
8:00PM Cat Cora Dinner 3rd (back up would be Thurs Oct 27)

Those sounds like fun.... I have wanted to do the Taste, Shake and Indulge but I will not be there on Saturday. UGhh, so since I know you are gonna get the tickets.... Please take pictures and post a mini review for it, so I can plan better next year.

Those sounds like fun.... I have wanted to do the Taste, Shake and Indulge but I will not be there on Saturday. UGhh, so since I know you are gonna get the tickets.... Please take pictures and post a mini review for it, so I can plan better next year.

I plan on doing a *somewhat* Live TR (starting with our couple days at Universal) and featuring all the food from the kiosks, plus whatever special events we do. In my PTR, I'm doing an "imaginary eating around the world tour" and making up a plan of attack so that I can ensure we get to try everything we want to eat!

I plan on doing a *somewhat* Live TR (starting with our couple days at Universal) and featuring all the food from the kiosks, plus whatever special events we do. In my PTR, I'm doing an "imaginary eating around the world tour" and making up a plan of attack so that I can ensure we get to try everything we want to eat!

Hmmm, I will have to go look at that....

Back on the 12th of August, David and I got some bad news that our uncle has suffered a massive heart attack and that the Drs did not give much hope in his surviving.

He died in the room and they were able to bring him back.

Over the course of the next couple of days, he opened his eyes, and would make coughing sounds. The Dr told us it was reflexes and noted that his condition was improving.

Mu uncle did not have a DNR, he expressed his desire to live and that he wanted his kids to do everything in their power to keep him in this world if anything were to happen.

So his kids were doing everything to save him.

On the 15th, he was starting to get an infection where the tube was inserted, the Dr advised taking him off the ventilation machine and that they were sure he would breath on his own.

He was able to breath but never regained consciousness.

He passed away last night and has ended his suffering.

For my DH, it is really like he lost his male figure, he was the eldest living male, and the one that taught my DH so much about life and love.

When we left for work this morning, my DH hugged me, and told me that he loved me, and it was different than every morning when he does it, it was very charged emotionally, like he wanted to cling forever, almost like a kid, not wanting to let go, it was very hard and sad at the same time.

Here is a picture of my MIL and my uncle
DSC_2601.jpg

So sorry for your loss. Life is so precious we need to cherish those around us because you never know what can happen. :grouphug: At least he is not suffering anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter