We are back!!!

pgesler,

We had gale force winds but the seas were not rough. It appeared that the winds were above the water and the ship is tall enough that they were whipping the ship around. The waves really were not bad.

Iluvorando,

Where were you? We all were looking for you. It is nice to hear that you did not stay behind like VondaP. I hope she is doing better.

I think we all had a great time even considering the funnel stuff. We are already booked for next spring break on the Western. So how about it everyone, who is joining us next March 15th? I can hear the music now, hot hot hot!!! Kathy

Plutospup, where were you sitting? Yes, I found that service was slow, but you know we were on vacation, and Sylvester kept the kids occupied. We were table 36. In Animators we were right in front of the big screen at a table for 4 only.

Kathy,
I looked for you guys all week too, its hard to put faces with only names though. I didn't know VondaP stayed behind. How come?

We did the golden eagle catamaran, the girls didn't like the ride over but, on the way back the captain let them both "drive". St Thomas we did Coral world and Coki beach, kids loved playing in the sand. Castaway Cay was just beautiful! I think a resort would be great, especially if you had to take the ship there and back! But what about the bugs?

Well off to work and school. Talk to you all soon!:)

Iluvorando,
VondaP had a post on the board about why she missed the ship. She had a reaction to a drug she was given. Find her post and read it. I do hope whe is recovered.

We enjoyed the beach right by the ship in St. Maarten and did shopping. In St. Thomas we did more shopping, my husband was in a buying mode this cruise, and then we spent a lot of time up on Paradise Point enjoying the view and warm temps.

I love Castaway but I preferred the temps we have had in August verses this March cruise. I only walked a little in the water. Oh well, Dave has booked us in a Cat. 3 next year for the March 15th western sailing. It will be our first cruise with only our daughter in tow. I wish I was back on the ship right now! Kathy

Kathy,

When we walked by the lounge, there were a bunch of people sitting by the bar, was that everyone? I was really bummed not to meet everyone.

Plutospup,
Did you have early seating?

Gosh, I hope Vonda is all right. Medicine is so unpredictable! I am going to search for her thread now.

Michele

We had early seating at table 38 (Animator's), a table for eight. Sylvester certainly entertained the children...and adults, too! I was surprised though, that several people at our table were almost finished with their entree, before another person even received his yet!

Plutospup, In Parrot Cay, were you closest to the wall? There was a really cute family Dh, Dw and 3 adorable boys beside us, then a table for 8 behind us! We were at the table for 4 only, we had 2 girls. You might have heard me yelling Rachel, stop that! She really was a pistol during dining times! What a bummer to be so close and not meet! My hubby said that he thought it was great that they brought the kids food out first, but like you I thought sometimes it took forever!!! We got out of Palo's quicker than out of rotation dining. Do you think it was becuase we were so far from the kitchens?

Kathy, I just read Vonda's post and emailed her. How sad! I am glad that she is taking care of herself though!

If LisaL from MI is reading this, were you on the golden eagle? I heard a lady saying she was from MI wearing a bright coral bathing suit. Was that you? If it was, you spoke to my husband on the way back. We were the wimps sitting facing the girl on the boat. You know the ones with the sick little girl?

Michele

Michele....Yep that was me!! My DD Madison was the little girl sitting in the middle of the "trampoline" thing practically falling asleep!! I thought that was the best time!!! I really enjoyed the ride BUT wish there was more time on the beach. I didn't get to snorkled, instead, I had to control my 2 fighting DD's on the beach while everyone else snorkled. I have some pics as well as some good video from the excursion. I think I remember your DH.....what were you guys wearing....so I can go through my pics again.

Lisa,

I was wearing a black cover up, dh was wearing I think yellow swim trunks and a blue shirt? DD's were in green one pieces? But think about getting drinks from the girl, I was the one facing her holding my little one (Rachel). I think you even asked me if she was feeling better. My oldest would have been sitting beside me. My DH was also very disappointed about the time for snorkeling. (Yes, dear I will be right back so that you can go-Dont think so!) I wish I had known it took an hour to get there! It was great though! I felt the crew was just spectacular! I also saw you a few more times, Castaway Cay for sure and I think after dinner that night too. Heading away from the elevators, I was behind you.
It is good to put a name with a face. Sorry we didn't actually meet!

Kathy, I keep meaning to say that I thought the water at CC was chilly!!!!!!BRRRR. But the weather was just great the entire time, don't you think? Do you think I could still call and book a deal even though I didn't do it on the ship?

Michele:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Iluvorlando,
We had our room for next year booked before this cruise. So I don't know about the cruise deals from on board booking. I do believe our TA said since we booked two cruises at once, the one we just took and next years that we did get the room credit. It was only $100 per room not the $200 per room we got the year before. We are in a Cat. 3 for next year since our daughter is really too young to be in a room by herself, even if it is connecting. We are just to use to having 2 bathrooms. It will be a different experience for us since we have always been in 2 Cat. 6.

Lisa,
I couldn't open the picture but I need to have Dave open it up on his computer. I have a G3 MAC and he has a PC and sometimes the email from a PC does not work on my computer. You could also try sending it directly to my email address: kathyt@raccoon.com I seem to have a lot of trouble with the new dreams site since they changed it.

We were sitting toward the midship end of the lounge during the Dis meet. It was not a huge crowd but about 6 families in all. What was interesting was during the cruise we would run into other Diser's! This board is great. Kathy:cool:

We were on the 3/9 Magic. DW, DD4, and myself. We were fortunate, the other family at our table also had a DD4! They kept themselves occupied during dinner, and played together at the Club.

Re: Onboard booking rates...I posted some of the current rates a few pages back. Currently they are offering a $200 stateroom credit for the 7 nt cruise (Eastern or Western).

Originally posted by tecdavidt

My husband and I felt the immigration in St. Thomas was a JOKE. The officials did not even read our passports or the kids birth cert's. Our 9 year old was off schedule the whole day because of the early morning waking. If they are going to do this for security then take it serious or else drop it. I will be sending our congressman a letter about it.
Originally posted by jctwizzer

Just wondering...what do you think your congressman can do to get your nine year back on schedule?
Originally posted by tecdavidt

Comments like this are not needed on this board. Of course my wife did not imply that she would write our Congressman to get our nine year old back on schedule.

The point was that the entire ship was inconvenienced for a process that provided no security...

There's no question in my mind that this procedure in St Thomas is nothing but window-dressing. They aren't getting any value-added benefit from this exercise that they didn't already get by checking DCL's manifest and other records as they did prior to 9/11 (or during that brief recent period where they suspended this charade). That said, I don't think jtcwizzer's comment had any implied judgement... probably they thought they were being clever... I even chuckled. We're all intelligent folks here. I'm sure nobody thought your pledge to write your congressmen was due to selfish concerns over your personal inconvenience.

Just back TODAY from the 3/23 Magic trip!What a great week we had. I totally agree with the problem in St. Thomas. They didn't look at anything just waved us by to get our stamp. As for the fire,noone would tell us what happened but they worked continuously all week. Lots of banging and noise out by the pool. Alot of people didn't even know about it until they read the letter from Disney at check-in.

I didn't know that Disney was giving the passengers a letter about the fire. Can you post it?

I would be curious to see what they have to say.

Thanks!

Sorry I didn't save it and don't really recall what it said exactly. Just a memo stating the fire had happened and what they are doing to fix it.

Stormkrow,

The letter was no big deal. Very brief, not a lot of info. I will try to hunt it up, but all it really said was there was a fire, rooms will be available at 1:30 and departure maybe delayed. Oh, and it did go into the fact that the ship was inspected by the coast guard and other agencies to determine that it could still sail.

Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter