WDW to reduce physical distancing in phases?

A 3 feet separation in line would still be useful. Pre-covid, a lot of times people behind you in line were right on top of you! At least this way you can get a little space. A foot or two is better then before when you had people bumping into you.

and people who got upset if you had any gap between you and the party in front of you. Like moving up 2 feet is going to get you on a ride faster when we are still 20 minutes back in line

and people who got upset if you had any gap between you and the party in front of you. Like moving up 2 feet is going to get you on a ride faster when we are still 20 minutes back in line
I don’t care about the space & prefer 3 ft or more even pre Covid. But I am annoyed when ppl don’t move when the line is moving b/c with a toddler being up to move up helps occupy them even if you don’t go very far.

with Universal Orlando dropping masks outdoors today, I fully expect WDW to do the same very soon

Agree, Disney will adopt the same policies universal has very soon (no mask needed outdoors, reduce physical distancing to 3 feet).

I suspect the indoor mask rules will remain for quite a bit longer, until vaccination rates increase and the COVID metrics come down to a negligible level, and/or when vaccines become available for younger kids, and I’m totally fine with that. I don’t mind wearing a mask indoors—it was just the thought of wearing one outdoors in the Florida heat/humidity that had me nervous.

I did say Universal would lead...I'm not surprised by their news, and I expect Disney to follow within the week for an announcement and within the month for the change (I expect them to change Memorial Day weekend)...

Id be shocked if it isn’t announced by end of weekend.

Id be shocked if it isn’t announced by end of weekend.
Especially in this case b/c that’s their competitor. I would think that there is a real chance ppl would cancel & head there.
Also, I think they might see more compliance. I think ppl snuck & took them down when no one was looking on rides to just get a breath & cool down.

Last edited:
Not that WDW will be identical, but the Universal policy states that if you are in an attraction queue or on an attraction, whether indoors or outdoors, a mask is required. So really the mask mandate applies to walking around the park and sitting outdoors. Attractions are still being held back from no mask mandate.

Not that WDW will be identical, but the Universal policy states that if you are in an attraction queue or on an attraction, whether indoors or outdoors, a mask is required. So really the mask mandate applies to walking around the park and sitting outdoors. Attractions are still being held back from no mask mandate.

My guess is Disney will be the same. Since they will get rid of the 6 foot social distancing in lines, they will have people masked up as you will be in close proximity to others without much movement, whereas when walking around outside you can keep your distance and are not standing next to others continuously for any prolonged period of time. If Disney brings back fireworks this year I imagine they will also ask people to wear masks during fireworks viewing for the same reason.

Idk I was part of the norovirus that hit Disney in December 2006- SOOOOOO many people had their entire trip comped. Maybe it’s been too long and Disney forgot, but this def sounds like a disaster about to be repeated.

Reports are coming out that Disney is now filling every seat on buses - a big step! Should make bus wait times much more bearable for those who are comfortable with the change.

I have not been to Disney since the pandemic and haven’t really followed transportation there. Were busses not filling every seat? Any standing on busses?

I have not been to Disney since the pandemic and haven’t really followed transportation there. Were busses not filling every seat? Any standing on busses?
No, not even close to filling every seat. Seats were blocked off to allow for 6 ft. distancing between parties. No standing allowed. Wait times to get on a bus have been insane.

No, not even close to filling every seat. Seats were blocked off to allow for 6 ft. distancing between parties. No standing allowed. Wait times to get on a bus have been insane.

I’m sure that has made wait times crazy! I’m glad they are now filling every seat.

I do appreciate you reporting this. I really haven’t given it any thought. We have a two week trip booked in August and won’t have a car so we will be totally dependent on Disney transportation.

Reports are coming out that Disney is now filling every seat on buses - a big step! Should make bus wait times much more bearable for those who are comfortable with the change.

Now this is the best news I've read in a while!!! I was DREADING the bus waits at Gran Destino!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter