***WDW Resort Refurbishment Project List/Tracker***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some CR pool refurb info:

The water play area is currently closed for refurbishment and scheduled to reopen in late September 2021. The Feature Pool, Bay Lake Pool and whirlpool spas remain open for your enjoyment. Please check back for updates.

From January 9 through August 3, 2023, the Feature Pool and whirlpool spa will be closed for refurbishment. The water play area and Bay Lake Pool will remain open for your enjoyment.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/contemporary-resort/pools-contemporary-resort/

Some CR pool refurb info:

The water play area is currently closed for refurbishment and scheduled to reopen in late September 2021. The Feature Pool, Bay Lake Pool and whirlpool spas remain open for your enjoyment. Please check back for updates.

From January 9 through August 3, 2023, the Feature Pool and whirlpool spa will be closed for refurbishment. The water play area and Bay Lake Pool will remain open for your enjoyment.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/contemporary-resort/pools-contemporary-resort/
Wow 7 months!? They must be doing a serious refurb.

Can anyone confirm if Samawati Springs pool at Kidani Animal Kingdom Lodge is closed yet? Or if you are currently staying there if you've heard what date it will close/construction will start? I have a trip planned Jan 8-16th.

I’ve been chatting with some CBR fans on FB and turns out, quite a few rooms in multiple villages have had the carpet replaced with the vinyl wood!

I haven’t heard a peep about this. Is this what they are doing if carpet gets damaged and they replace with the wood instead of carpet?

Has anyone seen contractors in the villages, etc?

I am hoping all the floors are done by our 2023 trip (and maybe they will have time to put the raised beds in and maybe new paint?!)

I do have two photos of the wood floors. I cannot figure out for the life of me to post pictures in here! It keeps saying I'm spamming or there is an error. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
I stayed in Pop Century for the first time. My room was apparently updated and it was fantastic. Loved that the extra bed was Murphy style and I could keep the table down in its place. Great use of space.

Moderate Resort Hotels

-----------------------------------------------------------

Caribbean Beach Resort
  • None

Coronado Springs Resort & Gran Destino Tower
  • None

Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • None

Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • None

Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Guests planning on staying at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in 2023 should keep in mind that The Meadow Swimmin’ Pool (including the whirlpool spa and waterslide) will be unavailable beginning January 9 through early April 2023. As an alternative, Guests may enjoy the Wilderness Swimmin’ pool. During that time, Guests may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from cabins and campsites between dusk and 9 a.m. Additionally, the snack bar and fort-themed water play area will remain open for Guests to enjoy.

Was hoping to see a renovation for Caribbean in the works.!

I stayed in Pop Century for the first time. My room was apparently updated and it was fantastic. Loved that the extra bed was Murphy style and I could keep the table down in its place. Great use of space.

Pop has been that way for a while now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter