WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

:hyper: A bra is the equivalent of a mask over your .... ahem.... chest. I'm doing one OR the other. Not both! Since the mask is required by WDW, that means the bra gets the axe.
You all just made my husband smile!! LOL

Just call the AP line - with my trip in July I was short 2 days on my AP after the extension, called the line & only made it half way through my explanation & the cast member was like oh, you need your pass extended? No problem. And then actually extended it to the end of the month to give me wiggle room so an additional 2 wks. Easiest call I've made in this whole mess! Really think Disney is trying. Now just deciding if I'm still going after all this with "stupid COVID" as it's referred to in our house! Good luck
That’s great! I’m in the same situation and was told they couldn’t do anything for me - I will have to try again!

Word from Batuu on operational changes
Both MFSR and RotR will only take one party per pod/vehicle. The entire RotR attraction will be done (no spoilers) so no jumping any element, MFSR they are going to decide if to leave the pre show running while people walk through, so no stopping in that room
Face shields are required for almost every position now, CM have to be strict on enforcement with guests, examples of people on the spectrum or any other disability will be required to wear a mask or asked to leave , were given in the training this morning
There will be a relaxation zone (masks off) at SWGE, it is said to oh=hold about 80 people, she's about to walk the land so she'll tell me where this zone will be.
Most casts that their costume required a hat are now told not to wear it because of the face shield plus mask, might be too uncomfortable, so no officer hats at RotR
There will be a safety spiel playing through out the park reminding people to wear mask and wash hands
You can still take pics in the Falcon loading area but with masks on

@yulilin3 Do you think this is being taken into consideration with capacity limits or have they told CMs that waits will be long and just be prepared?

Is there a list of which restaurants will be open, and do we think in-park bars will be open? I looked here already: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/ and it doesn't list food/drink places. With the new order about bars (50%+ of their money coming from alcohol) only being allowed to do to-go beverages, I haven't seen Disney say how they're handling that. For example, if Oga's or Baseline Taphouse aren't allowed to have on-site alcohol consumption, do we think they'll do to-go cocktails?

@yulilin3 Do you think this is being taken into consideration with capacity limits or have they told CMs that waits will be long and just be prepared?
just from experience, even with low capacity, the fact that they are not loading at 100% will be an issue, especially these 2 rides where capacity was low to begin with and with RotR constantly breaking down. MFSR will be better than RotR but I expect lines to be about an hour for both

Is there a list of which restaurants will be open, and do we think in-park bars will be open? I looked here already: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/ and it doesn't list food/drink places. With the new order about bars (50%+ of their money coming from alcohol) only being allowed to do to-go beverages, I haven't seen Disney say how they're handling that. For example, if Oga's or Baseline Taphouse aren't allowed to have on-site alcohol consumption, do we think they'll do to-go cocktails?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/dine/

my DD is about to do a walk of the land now and I told her to try and find out if Oga's is in fact opening

Word from Batuu on operational changes
Both MFSR and RotR will only take one party per pod/vehicle. The entire RotR attraction will be done (no spoilers) so no jumping any element, MFSR they are going to decide if to leave the pre show running while people walk through, so no stopping in that room
Face shields are required for almost every position now, CM have to be strict on enforcement with guests, examples of people on the spectrum or any other disability will be required to wear a mask or asked to leave , were given in the training this morning
There will be a relaxation zone (masks off) at SWGE, it is said to oh=hold about 80 people, she's about to walk the land so she'll tell me where this zone will be.
Most casts that their costume required a hat are now told not to wear it because of the face shield plus mask, might be too uncomfortable, so no officer hats at RotR
There will be a safety spiel playing through out the park reminding people to wear mask and wash hands
You can still take pics in the Falcon loading area but with masks on
This will be fun for me end of August if they're still doing it that way, a pod/vehicle all to myself!!! So exciting lol

my DD is about to do a walk of the land now and I told her to try and find out if Oga's is in fact opening
Thank you! The dine link took me to what I'd seen before. I guess Disney is watching & waiting before saying what they're going to do with bars. No need to rile everyone up if it will be dropped by mid-July, haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter