WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I'm not sure you'll be able to make full length-of-stay reservations without a hotel matching your 2021 dates. I saw someone post (maybe another thread) about a limit of 3 days without a hotel stay. I can't vouch for that accuracy though.

That would stink having 4 day tickets that are technically valid through 2030 on MDE. But I guess I'll find out Sunday for sure.

That would stink having 4 day tickets that are technically valid through 2030 on MDE. But I guess I'll find out Sunday for sure.

I think that only applies to APs. You have tickets, right? I think you will be able to make park reservations for the number of days on your tickets. However, you may not be able to make them until the 3rd date, "Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations". It may also depend upon if your tickets are dated or flex.

I think that only applies to APs. You have tickets, right? I think you will be able to make park reservations for the number of days on your tickets. However, you may not be able to make them until the 3rd date, "Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations". It may also depend upon if your tickets are dated or flex.

Yeah this was my understanding of how it read when I saw the posting directly. I have existing tickets as I've had them since my already cancelled April trip so I figured I could request days and just build my trip around whatever dates I can reserve.

True. I was thinking the PP wanted to book on June 22nd. But as of June 28th the resort stay can be changed to 2021 anyway, and wouldn't seem to be a "priority booking" advantage.

I mean I think there will be a range of dates for resorts stays that will have access on the 22nD. Like July and August trips. But who knows.
That's not what it says though. It just says those with a existing resort stay. We have a one day room at the Pop, a DVC rental, and another day at the Pop starting Feb 14th 2021. We already have tickets valid for those dates because we had our March trip cancelled. I hope we are able to get squared away Monday.
Maybe that date is to cover the UK packages? They book out pretty far.
That date covers the current ticket extension dates they are giving those of us who had our trips cancelled.

Ok-quick clarification. We rented DVC points, have a reservation for oct 2020. Purchased park hoppers for canceled april trip which are still valid, but purchased thru undercover tourist and now in MDE account. Just to make sure im reading this correctly, i can call Monday to reserve entrance to the parks, right? Assuming they'll be converted to regular tickets.

True. I was thinking the PP wanted to book on June 22nd. But as of June 28th the resort stay can be changed to 2021 anyway, and wouldn't seem to be a "priority booking" advantage.

Yeah, I attempted to call and move my room only reservation to 2021 but was told they couldn't do that until later in the week next week.

So my thinking is I'll just wait till the 28th and book for my length of tickets and build a vacation around that.

Ok-quick clarification. We rented DVC points, have a reservation for oct 2020. Purchased park hoppers for canceled april trip which are still valid, but purchased thru undercover tourist and now in MDE account. Just to make sure im reading this correctly, i can call Monday to reserve entrance to the parks, right? Assuming they'll be converted to regular tickets.
We are in the exact same situation. I am hoping this to be the case. Your tickets are already "regular tickets" if they are in your MDE. They should be valid through Sept 26th 2021.

What are the park hopper options referred to in the announcement page? I need to change my 5 day park hoppers to 7 day tickets so I can get a reservation for each day of our September Boardwalk stay before Monday.
you have to call the number or go on that link

Just a reminder
The same info you can read fro the DPB announcement and specific page about the reservation system is the same we all can read
If the answer is not implicitly covered there, we (as in any of us unless you are an insider) don't know the answer.
I have read both things 4 times already and still have questions.
So lets take a deep breatch, maybe reread and open all links procided and then if we still have questions, attempt to call if you must make reservations on Monday
If you are in the groups that have to wait, I would wait to call

• Beginning June 22, 2020, Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.
What the heck is going to happen to my guests onthe reservation without tickets?

Ok... One small problem on my end... I have a November reservation with 2 friends they have the Canadian tickets and I have an AP. The AP expires in August but with the extension will be valid in November. My new date doesn't show yet... Will I be able to book the park for all 3 of us on Monday if my AP hasn't been adjusted? I know nobody has a real answer just hoping someone in a similar situation has already spoken to Disney before I spend a whole day on hold trying to fix it with them.

I’m room only for December. I just called Disney and they told me I’d be able to buy my tickets and make my reservation “hand in hand” on 6/28. YMMV.

Hmmmm......I have a DVC reservation for similar time and I was told I could buy our tickets on June 24th.

School starts here <50 days away (we start very early) - just received an e-mail from the school that reads nearly identical in wording, tone, and uncertainty to Disney's various announcements. Unprecedented, we all need to be flexible, it will be different but we can find new ways to create magic / we can find new ways to learn/educate, we don't know all the details yet, we will have more info soon, etc, etc. You could take some of the exact same DPB posts and replace Disney with the school name and that would describe the e-mail I just received.

While we all have our different takes on the situation at hand, I continue to not be all that mad/upset with Disney. What they are doing is nothing different than anything else in my life at the moment (professional, personal, etc), so just add it to the laughable uncertainty that is 2020.
We are in Canada and just received a news briefing in our province that outlined three possible plans for the next school year. Basically it said we could do A, B, C.. all of which depend on where we are with the pandemic.
I‘m with you .. how can we possibly make a definitive plan for an evolving situation ? I just don’t see the uncertainty as deliberate. It’s so frustrating because we all want to get back to a place where we know what our life looks like again. But too much is unknown to make those plans with any certainty.
I don‘t envy those who are tasked with keeping people safe while trying to open things back up. Sometimes those two things are going to be directly at odds with eachother.

Hmmmm......I have a DVC reservation for similar time and I was told I could buy our tickets on June 24th.

View attachment 502242
I believe ticket sales on 6/24 will be for 2021. No known date yet for 2020 ticket sales to resume. You can call next week but be prepared if they can't sell you tickets for December. Right now, I believe only APs are available for purchase to use in 2020.

I’m room only for December. I just called Disney and they told me I’d be able to buy my tickets and make my reservation “hand in hand” on 6/28. YMMV.
Realy? Are you sure? You didn't dream this??? I must have our friends get a refund from Broadwalk tickets and be prepared to buy direct from Disney.

Is there any further info about picking a time to enter the park? What if one's late? Or early? Or wants to leave and come back later? If I've missed all these facts, please direct me to them! Thank you.

I don't think they are opening the flood gates for every trip through 9/26/21 on Monday. I think they will space out the ability to make park reservations based upon the date of your hotel stay. This does not apply to APs not staying onsite. I think they will have a floating window of some length. This is why I think the opening will be spaced out. Their IT can't handle a free for all.

"Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window."
Thank godness. I think those of us travelling in the next 30 days should be dealt with before SEPTEMBER OF NEXT YEAR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter