• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Hey everyone..so in your case are you annual passholders? my daughters 6th bday trip got cancelled the 2nd day disney closed back in march then again in may and now we have jube 18th-21st booked and went through alot to get all of the passes moved each time and they even threw in extras and with no times for us so my questions for u and everyone else getting the june cancellations are u all AP holders? we are and are holding out hope

after todays universal plans that disney will open by mid june following suit and will give us a chance to go...without being cancelled

I am a Florida Resident passholder and received my email today to cancel my June 9-20 stay. It was a backup of the May trip they cancelled. I am about 80% sure they will open before my trip would have been over, but just dropping dates off the beginning of the trip wasn’t an option. So now I wait for August, the backup of the backup . . .

Ya after watching the news interview about today with the mayor it does appear the govenor would allow them to open even if the whole state isnt in phase 2 becuase of how well things are going in there county. It also appears that they will submit there plans and then present them at a different time as he mentioned that exactly so. hoping it can be a tuesday submittel and a wedsday presentation since there all supposed to be meeting then anyway. ( who knows maybe disneys is so much more in depth that a entire meeting will be dedicated to them and they all agree to schedule at some said time thats not already on the books.

We are Florida residents and pass holders. Our June trip was just cancelled along with HDDR and all money was credited back, the same as our April plans. We are still hopeful our July trip will be a go.
I called last week to add a night to our June trip when the CM asked me to hold for a minute. He came back and said his computer would not allow it so he got a supervisor who told him that they weren’t going to be open by then.

I am a Florida Resident passholder and received my email today to cancel my June 9-20 stay. It was a backup of the May trip they cancelled. I am about 80% sure they will open before my trip would have been over, but just dropping dates off the beginning of the trip wasn’t an option. So now I wait for August, the backup of the backup . . .
wow that sucks im sorry about that. 11 days wow what a awesome trip too..ive been going since 1987 as a youngling down here and hundreds of times and with my own children now and i can say that ive never had the chance to get beyond about a 5 day stay i believe...so jealous lol. u said no way to just drop dates off huh? even a phone call to adjust arrival date isnt in the cards? ive been wondering bout this as next week im sure we will be next to be cancelled arriving on the 18th..which is why i was so hoping that they would have presented today or by worst next wedsday in hopes we wouldnt be cancelled but even next wedsday without govenor approval wed prolly miss the cutoff cancellation by a day or something..i rebooked for july 9th but id have to hope and prey theyd move all the multiple experience passes and MMRR MFSM FOP SDD and SDMT passes for a 4th time for us...we lucked out getting all of them in march first time ever and woulda been so great to have all of em and the show up anytime passes..🙁

We are Florida residents and pass holders. Our June trip was just cancelled along with HDDR and all money was credited back, the same as our April plans. We are still hopeful our July trip will be a go.
I called last week to add a night to our June trip when the CM asked me to hold for a minute. He came back and said his computer would not allow it so he got a supervisor who told him that they weren’t going to be open by then.
From all reports they aren’t allowing any changes to June reservations, except cancellations or rebookings 7/1 and after. Doesn’t mean they’re staying closed all of June, but all current June reservations that haven’t been auto-cancelled are essentially frozen for now.

so what seems to be the set amount of days ahead of a reservation for it to be auto cancelled? we seem to have all sorts of date ranges getting cancelled yesterday and today..and its been said reservations through the 13th are cancelled thus far. but to some people they may still be 3 weeks out from starting there trip and its been cancelled today..that seems a bit far away to already know they wont be opening considering todays news. so these people who this happens to what if they open during that time now they are out of luck? like our trip is 27 days from now yet we will most likely be auto cancelled even though they may open days before our trip even starts just cuase they are cancelling people so early. .cant they just click off the auto cancel button at the IT center lol? unless they know for sure they have no intentions whatsoever opening in june at all..

so what seems to be the set amount of days ahead of a reservation for it to be auto cancelled? we seem to have all sorts of date ranges getting cancelled yesterday and today..and its been said reservations through the 13th are cancelled thus far. but to some people they may still be 3 weeks out from starting there trip and its been cancelled today..that seems a bit far away to already know they wont be opening considering todays news. so these people who this happens to what if they open during that time now they are out of luck? like our trip is 27 days from now yet we will most likely be auto cancelled even though they may open days before our trip even starts just cuase they are cancelling people so early. .cant they just click off the auto cancel button at the IT center lol? unless they know for sure they have no intentions whatsoever opening in june at all..
They are cancelling based on your start day, for however long that trip is. This last cancellation time frame was for start dates of 6/6-6/13. Next week, if it happens, they’ll cancel trips with start dates of 6/14-6/20. But as of right now, they could be open as early as 6/14. Edited to add: Thanks mod! It was really early when I posted this! :crazy:

<edited by moderator to correct July (7) to June (6)>

Last edited:

Did Universal’s plan say anything about pools at the resorts? Are they going to be open?
Universal hotels are third party so they didnt announce anything but Volcano Bay i believe is reopening since he alluded to it when talking about adding more virtual queues and managers have already been called back to it
Also margaritaville H2O live water park is reopening tomorrow so i don't think the pools will be closed

As of this morning, anyone traveling from CT to FL must self quarantine for 14 days. Does anyone know what phase this would be lifted? I have July 10 reservations for BWV. Makes planning even more complicated. I’m wondering if Disney will waive the thirty day time frame to cancel from the tri-state area. Things change rapidly with this situation. I would hate to have planned everything, cancel within time frame, and then ban lifted two days later. Any thoughts or suggestions?

As of this morning, anyone traveling from CT to FL must self quarantine for 14 days. Does anyone know what phase this would be lifted? I have July 10 reservations for BWV. Makes planning even more complicated. I’m wondering if Disney will waive the thirty day time frame to cancel from the tri-state area. Things change rapidly with this situation. I would hate to have planned everything, cancel within time frame, and then ban lifted two days later. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The FL Gov. has made no announcement as to when the NY/NJ/CT self-quarantine restriction will be lifted. Disney has already, indefinitely, changed the package PIF date from 30 days to 7 days prior to check-in. From DTA:

"Effective March 15, 2020, until further notice, we’re making a temporary adjustment to our final payment policy for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort packages booked through Walt Disney Travel Company. For existing bookings, final payment to WDTC will now be due 7 days prior to Guest arrival"

If you have a room-only reservation, the 5-day prior cancellation policy is still in effect.

How 2 weeks? UO presented, got approved by task force and mayor all today. Plan being presented to governor tomorrow. I’ll bet he approves before weekend is over. Should be just as quick for WDW.
There is also a site visit involved. UO submitted their report sometime before yesterday and the site visit team went to view the measures outlined in the plan. During yesterday's meeting the site team added to the public record that "they had no concerns." The Task Force proceeded to the vote after that. So it all depends when WDW submits their plan. If they submit it Monday or even Tuesday, the site visit team could conceivable conduct their inspection in time for the Wednesday morning Task Force Meeting.

not as of this morning, CT has been in the quarantined group since late March. Buut yeah, no clue on when that will be lifted.
visit visitflorida.com that will give you up to the minute info on changes in travel restrictions

There is also a site visit involved. UO submitted their report sometime before yesterday and the site visit team went to view the measures outlined in the plan. During yesterday's meeting the site team added to the public record that "they had no concerns." The Task Force proceeded to the vote after that. So it all depends when WDW submits their plan. If they submit it Monday or even Tuesday, the site visit team could conceivable conduct their inspection in time for the Wednesday morning Task Force Meeting.
this is what the Mayor said yesterday
“Disney has given an indication that next week, they will submit their plans, and once they do, then we will schedule that for a full briefing before our Economic Recovery Task Force as well.

So at this point, it’s an undefined time or date, but we do look forward to seeing that sometime next week.”

I believe Disney is aiming to give the presentation on Wednesday.
For Universal the site visit was Thursday morning and then they gave the report to the Mayor and then they presented, if you hear the task force meeting the Mayor starts it with "I have just been handed the Universal guidelines for reopening"

We have to remember that a large portion of Disney's workforce is the college program and I think we need to look for when they are called in. Once they are called in, I think we can reasonably expect 2 weeks until opening. They still will need to train castmembers, set up virtual queues for rides, and rework several of the lines. I also expect early on that they will freeze out availability at some resorts. I would not expect that people who stay off property would be able to come, and I would expect that Florida residents will have to book some kind of non-hotel stay. (this wouldn't include Good Neighbor hotels)

They are going to need to have a good count of the capacity of the resort for at least the first month.

I, for one, am glad that I moved my trip in July to December. I work in education as an administrator, and I will tell you, it has been a nightmare trying to get one step ahead. We get what we think is a good plan in place and the CDC or DHHS comes up with another study or guideline and we are back to the drawing board. We have to operate with 3-4 contingencies for every plan right now.

We have to remember that a large portion of Disney's workforce is the college program and I think we need to look for when they are called in. Once they are called in, I think we can reasonably expect 2 weeks until opening.
They won't call back college program kids. Reduced capacity means reduced staff. They've already made it clear not all staff will be immediately called back. They can run without the college program.

We have to remember that a large portion of Disney's workforce is the college program and I think we need to look for when they are called in. Once they are called in, I think we can reasonably expect 2 weeks until opening. They still will need to train castmembers, set up virtual queues for rides, and rework several of the lines. I also expect early on that they will freeze out availability at some resorts. I would not expect that people who stay off property would be able to come, and I would expect that Florida residents will have to book some kind of non-hotel stay. (this wouldn't include Good Neighbor hotels)

They are going to need to have a good count of the capacity of the resort for at least the first month.

I, for one, am glad that I moved my trip in July to December. I work in education as an administrator, and I will tell you, it has been a nightmare trying to get one step ahead. We get what we think is a good plan in place and the CDC or DHHS comes up with another study or guideline and we are back to the drawing board. We have to operate with 3-4 contingencies for every plan right now.
CP will not be part of reopening, the parks can function fine without them. They will give more hours to PT and FT employees like they used to do before the CP was a thing. Plus Disney has said they will staff according to capacity, so they won't need a full capacity workforce at the beginning
Also they've already been working on the VQ on the app, which is all the work you need and that side

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter