WDW college Program

Kath820

Earning My Ears
My daughter is going to be in the WDW college program in August-January...Can anyone help with a resonable rate...for a few days,will be driving her down so she can have her car..we already have plans to stay at Saratoga in Oct. Thanks!!! :earsgirl:

My son's friend was also selected for the WDW college program for Aug-Jan. My son is thrilled because he goes to college in St. Augustine and his friend will be in Orlando. From what I hear it's a great program.

Oh I hope so!!! She goes to Culinary school now in Chicago..and has loved Disney since she was 2..ever since she heard of the program she was determined to do it...What kind of job will your son have?
:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

My daughter starts college this fall and is thinking of the College Program. She also wants to go into Culinary Arts. Any tips on how she can get in would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Vicki

I know that you have to have so many classes completed to do the internship, you can check on there site www.wdwcollegeprogram.com and it should explain, also it will give her the schedule when they will be in your area so you can attend there seminar.
For culinary schools I purchased a book that rated all the schools in the US and that helped!!!:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Once they get an interview for the program, they need to make a good impression, be enthusiastic. It's also the time to make their wishes known if they prefer a certain type of "job."

My friend got in twice. The first time she was selected for food service, and she chose to decline, for a number of reasons, but part of it was that she didn't want to work at a food cart when she was a hotel management major.

When she applied a second time, at the interview she explained that she got in once before but declined, and when they asked her why, she explained that she really wanted to work in a resort because of her major, and she got in at the Poly!

It was a great experience for her, and the discounts were amazing!

My daughter will also be there Aug. to Jan. She will be a Lifeguard. She gets more excited the closer it gets. I need to find out about transportation from MCO to Vista for her. She will be flying in at 6:30 a.m. and it makes me a little nervious. Any suggestions?

I think I read where they can take the Mears Transportation to the Vista apartments.. I would call the WDW college rep to make sure.
Good Luck to your daughter!!
I know mine is very excited..(Shannon)

Thanks LuvTigger:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter