WBC or WH for teens?

Tallent

DIS Veteran
We were originally booked at Poly but I was getting anxiety from picturing myself, 2 13 year old boys, and 2 17 year old teens (boy and girl) crammed in to one room.

So that's been cancelled and I'm now deciding btw a townhome in Windsor Hills (Golden Sun One) or a 3bdrm deluxe at Bonnet Creek.

I think the size of the places are fine and everyone will have their own rooms (and bathrooms if WH), but I'm wondering about things to do. The townhome comes with a game room and PS4 so I know the 13 year olds will be happy but the 17 year olds won't care about that at all. They're mostly going to want to listen to music, lay out, do things around a resort (depending on what WBC offers). All would like water slides/lazy rivers however we may do a day at typhoon lagoon so that may be moot.

If I had young children I think I'd go for Windsor Hills but with teens I'm not so sure since this will be our first off site experience. There's a $300 difference between the two with WBC being more. We'll do some cooking (if can call heating up a frozen lasagna cooking lol) but we'll also eat in parks as well as restaurants in the area.

Any insights?

Rachel

will you have your personal car or a rental? If personal, do the 17 year olds have licenses or permission to drive? If so, would you be willing to let them drive to parks or elsewhere around the area? If so, I might choose WBC for proximity.

But besides all that, I might choose WBC just because it's closer to the action, and I'm sure it's still cheaper than the Poly.

will you have your personal car or a rental? If personal, do the 17 year olds have licenses or permission to drive? If so, would you be willing to let them drive to parks or elsewhere around the area? If so, I might choose WBC for proximity.

But besides all that, I might choose WBC just because it's closer to the action, and I'm sure it's still cheaper than the Poly.

We'll have a rental but I'm thinking the kids will uber here and there. The 17 year olds do have licenses but won't be driving the rental. Good point about being cheaper than poly! lol

Last edited:
WBC is a little closer, and does have more of a resort feel. I think it also has a game room, but that would be pay as you go, and that can add up quick!

I've never been to WH, but when I looked, it appeared all the townhomes had a plunge pool. Wouldn't that suffice for the 17yos? And the WH pool is finally done, so it has slides, etc.

WBC is a little closer, and does have more of a resort feel. I think it also has a game room, but that would be pay as you go, and that can add up quick!

I've never been to WH, but when I looked, it appeared all the townhomes had a plunge pool. Wouldn't that suffice for the 17yos? And the WH pool is finally done, so it has slides, etc.

This townhome does have a plunge pool but I think it would be pretty boring for them. They'd much prefer a slide and a 'vibe' lol

Not familiar with WH but we have 2 teen boys 15/17 and have been going to WBC for years and they still love it and don’t want to stay elsewhere. They love pool hopping around the resort, live music, getting ice cream at the Grand, use the gym at Grand (they are both athletes), have plenty of space to toss the football, play in the game room and billiards, ping pong, etc. They usually end up meeting others their age and hang out. Since it’s all contained in the big loop, we’re fine with them roaming about on their own.

Still haven't booked since the 3bdr was no longer available--but I showed my kids the 2 choices and they both chose townhome lol

No contest. WBC is well worth the extra. You lose the resort feel at WH. We stayed a really cool pimped out villa with private pool. I would take Bonnet creek any day. So much more to see and do. It is a resort. WH is more of a development with a community pool

There are multiple swimming pools, pool table/billiards, ping pong, karaoke and just a very quick Uber to Disney Springs for movies, shopping, bowling, etc. at WBC

I have stayed at both. They will enjoy either. I liked the location of WBC much better. But, either resort has something for everyone. My only gripe with WBC is the parking situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter