WBC guest confirmation form/letter?

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
I thought that I read that guests of owner need some sort of confirmation letter or form to check in. And that if we don't have one, they charge a fee???

My dh's parents own there and we are staying on their points. My MIL forwarded me the vacation reservation. Is this all we need?

Thanks!

If your husband is not listed on the account as an owner - then yes you will need a guest confirmation. You do not have to have it with you at check in but you vill have to make sure that they have put the reservation in your name.

I get reservations for my daughter frequently and never send her the guest confirmation, but I do make sure that it is her name on the reservation.

We stayed at Bonnet Creek for the first time this past March. Purchased a reservation off ebay and was a little bit nervous about check in. We had no problems at all. The owner had put the reservation in my name and I also brought the confirmation letter along, but I don't believe they even glanced at it. Just asked for my identification. Enjoy!

Yup. Dh's name is on the reservation. I do have a copy of the reservation so I guess we are good to go! Thanks~!

I don't believe there is an actual "Guest Confirmation" letter. I think it's just an electronic transaction, like our housekeeping credits and reservation transaction credits, that is applied to a particular reservation.

The owner gets a confirmation whenever they make any reservation (or should, doesn't always happen...much to the consternation of some owners).

Each Wyndham account gets a certain number of free Guest Confirmations each year. Since I bought resale and therefore don't have VIP status, I only get one GC per year. If I need more than one, I have to buy it. Other folks - who paid small (and sometimes not so small) fortunes for their Wyndham points get a whole bunch of GC's.

I've only used one GC (for a one-night reservation I gave to someone) and I didn't receive anything other than the regular confirmation showing the guest's name on the reservation. I didn't get anything hardcopy regarding the guest aspect of the reservation.

There is an actual letter but the last few times they haven't asked for it. Just call a few days ahead and make sure it is in your name. If not it can be fixed. Don't stress out.

Wyndham has a long-standing policy that if you have overlapping reservations (two or more ressies in the same timeframe) one of those must have a Guest Confirmation...even IF both reservations are in the owner's name.

If an overlap (or simultaneous) reservation without a Guest Confirmation is detected by the Wyndham computers within 15 days of checkin, they can cancel both reservations. If you have multiple owners (my two adult daughters and I are the co-owners of our account), and reservations are in different owners' names, you're okay.

There is a situation being discussed right now over on the TUG Wyndham board where an owner forgot to put the second reservation in his wife's (co-owner) name and got canceled. So it can happen.

For readers here who are renting, I think it is unlikely that you would have that kind of problem.

Most of the people who rent have VIP status and have numerous free Guest Confirmations each year. Plus they rent a lot, know the rules, and are very unlikely to make a mistake as flagrant as forgetting to get a Guest Confirmation.

If I were renting, I would not get over-stressed about it, but I would check the reservation and be sure it was in my name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter