Way OT..but really need the help..Boys Fighting!

we dealt with the same situation with our oldest DS. It was awful, but we had the advantage that the principal was working with us.

The first thing I did was to limit contact with the kids so that he wasn't in the line of fire. If you could drive him back and forth to school for awhile, that might help. I know it makes it harder on you, but many times if the kid isn't right in front of them, they lose interest and move on to something else.

Get him involved in things these kids don't attend so that he will have a safe zone. Someplace he doesn't always have to be looking over his shoulder.

Once he reached upper elementary school, there was an incident where they jumped him coming out of a neighbors house and the police became involved. Once the police became involved, that was the end of the problem. I hope that yours doesn't come to that. But I have to say that once they did become involved, the problem went away the next day. The officer brought the parents to our home and listened while the boys told in detail what they had been doing to our DS. There were things I didn't even know about.

DS is now 23 and called me the other day to see if I had read in the police blotter that one of the boys was now going back to prison on a parole violation. The crime he is going back to prison for is beating up his father and holding him hostage for 68 cents.

Its scary being a parent some days and now with many of the zero tolerance rules it makes it harder because kids that would never have gotten in trouble are now being in trouble for defending themselves. It doesn't matter if the other kids were picking on them and they were just defending themselves, everyone involved is in trouble.

Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter