Water Slide

Brit_Jude

DIS Veteran
I am looking to stay at a delux or maybe a moderate resort and I notice a lot of the resorts have water slides at their pools - I am looking for opinions of the slides at the resorts pools what was good or bad about them - thanks!

All resorts above value level have waterslides.

I believe the longest slide is at the Boardwalk. Second longest is CSR.

I've only been on the slides at AKL, WL and the GF. The ones at AKL and WL were very short and seemed more geared towards children. The GF one was really fun since it was longer and curved around more.

You'll find the pool area at Beach Club/Yacht Club to be the fanciest on property. Big water slide and so much more.

All resorts above value level have waterslides.

I believe the longest slide is at the Boardwalk. Second longest is CSR.

Actually...the longest waterslide is at the Yacht & Beach Club, I believe.

I only went on once or twice (and found it fun!), but I can tell you my kids LOVE the volcano slide at the Poly!! As much as any ride in any park. We spend time at the pool every afternoon at the pool and they look forward to that as much as anything. This last trip we never even made it to DHS. We only had an evening scheduled there, but had a shorter pool time that afternoon. When we went to dinner, we gave the kids the choice - DHS (new Toy Story ride) or back to the pool - they chose the pool!

You know, this question makes me think. Our slide at POR was a pretty good slide. Long enough, with several curves. We really did enjoy it. Well the day we went to AKL we checked out the animals and so forth and I took a really good look at their slide and it look as if it was MUCH shorter and less entertaining than our slide at POR. I was somewhat suprised. I would figure that all of the deluxe resorts would have bigger and better waterslides than any of the moderate resorts, but that is definately not the case. I even think that the slide at CSR is longer than the one at POR.

You know, this question makes me think. Our slide at POR was a pretty good slide. Long enough, with several curves. We really did enjoy it. Well the day we went to AKL we checked out the animals and so forth and I took a really good look at their slide and it look as if it was MUCH shorter and less entertaining than our slide at POR. I was somewhat suprised. I would figure that all of the deluxe resorts would have bigger and better waterslides than any of the moderate resorts, but that is definately not the case. I even think that the slide at CSR is longer than the one at POR.

Yes, the slide at the CSR is the longest of any of the moderates.

I've only ever been to POR, but I have to tell you that I even had fun on that darn slide!!

We tend to judge our resort hotels by their pools and slides, at WDW as well as other destinations. I'll just tell you about the pools and slides at the places we've stayed.

Poly -- the pool is fun. There is a beach entry, a view of Cinderella's castle, and Hawaiian music that you can only hear when you are underwater. There are also bubbly jets and a big waterfall. The slide is partly enclosed, and supposed to be a lava tube running through the volcano. Although it's not the longest, it's definitely not just for little kids and it's really, really fun!

GF -- the pool is similar to the one at the Poly, with a beach entry, a large waterfall, and a slide that curves through the rocks and by the waterfall. My DD thinks that the slides at GF and Poly are similar in length, turns, and speed. The one at the GF is not enclosed at all, though.

AKL -- the pool is really, really large. Beach entry, beautiful foliage and theming (best on property). There is one slide and it does curve. It's fun, but not very fast or steep. I liked it, DD thought it a bit tame. She's 12. It would depend on the ages/tastes of your party. Because of the theming and size, though, we really like this pool. You can also use the play area at Kidani if you stay at AKL. It's the best kiddie water play area at WDW, with "spitting" snakes, tipping buckets, and a couple of slides (still not that big).

BC/YC -- the largest, most creative pool at WDW, with the tallest, fastest slide. Definitely the "best", it's partly enclosed, partly open, with a long straight part then a curvy ending. You climb up an old sunken ship, then slide down the broken mast -- very cool. The pool has so much to offer, with a whirlpool, a sandy bottomed play area, and a river section with a current to float around in. There's also a little kiddie slide for those too small or afraid to go down the big slide.

I can't tell you about the other deluxes or the moderates since we haven't stayed there.

Hope this helps.:)

Slides I have been on. . .

Boardwalk Inn - Clown Slide. . .fun, curvy, fast. A tall slide. Pool is nice but nothing special.

AKL - Slide is gentle and slow but the pool area is gorgeous and lush with tropical plants. Zero entry pool.

Kidani Village - Pool area is awesome, Savannah view with a great mini water park area for the kids and a nice slide - a bit faster than AKL but still quite gentle. Zero entry pool

POR - Slide has a curve in it, its fun, not too fast. Pool area is nicely themed.

POFQ - Slide is fun but small, pool area is nicely themed.

We have stayed at all the moderates and used all their pools and slides.

We like CBR's pool/slides the best! It is the only moderate pool to offer zero entry and 2 slides, as well as 2 hot tubs. One of the slides is shorter and open. The other is longer and enclosed - very neat!

Our next favorite pool slides would be POR and CSR. Their slides are both long and curvy. Then would be POFQ, it's very neat too, but much shorter than the rest.

Of the deluxe resorts I think the BWI slide looks the best! Hoping to get there and try it soon! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter