Warning on fantasmic dinner package

simonsmom

DIS Veteran
If no one has posted yet. We are not on dining plan, when we showed up at Mama Melrose for our reservations tonight they informed me that they have changed things. It will be $35 per person to eat and get fantasmic package. That will include appetizer and dessert. But we were not that hungry. If you don't pay that price you don't get the fantasmic seating

If no one has posted yet. We are not on dining plan, when we showed up at Mama Melrose for our reservations tonight they informed me that they have changed things. It will be $35 per person to eat and get fantasmic package. That will include appetizer and dessert. But we were not that hungry. If you don't pay that price you don't get the fantasmic seating

That really stinks.:headache: I had my reservation for Mama Melrose package in June and was looking forward to it as it is on TS that I have never been to. But I don't want to be restricted to paying that much especially since I was only able to get noon seating time! For DS and I to spend $70 I would rather try someplace at the Swan where we're staying. Thanks for the heads up!

The Fantasmic Dining Package is a fixed price meal that offers guaranteed seating for the show. While the price includes an appetizer and dessert, you don't have to order or eat them if you aren't that hungry; but the price of the meal is the same with or without them.

Fantasmic Lunch Package
The Hollywood Brown Derby (price range due to seasonal pricing)
Adults (ages 10 and up) = $50* - $58
Children (ages 3-9) = $13 - $19

Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano (price range due to seasonal pricing)
Adults (ages 10 and up) = $35* - $38
Children (ages 3-9) = $13

Hollywood & Vine (price range due to seasonal pricing)
Adults (ages 10 and up) = $26 - $37
Children (ages 3 - 9) = $15 - $20
NOTE:* If there are two scheduled performances in one night, this package will only grant you reserved seating for the first performance.*

Fantasmic Dinner Package
Hollywood Brown Derby(price range due to seasonal pricing)

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano(price range due to seasonal pricing)

Hollywood & Vine(price range due to seasonal pricing)
Adults (ages 10 and up) = $29* - $40

I don't understand the concern....:confused3

I have my Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dining package booked for :thumbsup2

5/28 5:05 pm MM F! - 1TS 4200 XXXX XXXX OOP $229.98

That sounds just about right.... It's 6 "Adults".....

I was told the cost up front... not a surprise at all....:cool1:

I LOVE THE F! dining package !

Mary

Sorry you were not aware of the price when you booked. Did you book by phone or online? The reason I ask is because I just went through a mock booking on the dining reservations site and did not see it listed anywhere that it was a set price meal. I wonder why it doesn't say anything about that? :confused: I know that it has been a set price meal for a long, long time, but the website should let people know. I hope the rest of your trip goes well!

This is not a change. The Fantasmic dining package has been offered at a fixed price for years. The price has risen over the years, but the basic concept hasn't changed.

Sorry I don't know this. Does the Fantasmic dinner package include tax and tip, or are they added to the package price?

The Fantasmic Dining Package is a fixed price meal that offers guaranteed seating for the show. While the price includes an appetizer and dessert, you don't have to order or eat them if you aren't that hungry; but the price of the meal is the same with or without them.

Fantasmic Lunch Package

NOTE:* If there are two scheduled performances in one night, this package will only grant you reserved seating for the first performance.*

Fantasmic Dinner Package

FYI...

I saw your post and got very excited as we are eating at Hollywood & Vine for lunch and thought maybe I could get the Fantasmic Package instead but when I went to check on it found out Hollywood & Vine only has the package for dinner. Here's the Fantasmic Meal Package link...http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/fantasmic-meal-packages/

Fantasmic Lunch Package

Fantasmic Dinner Package

HI,

Where did you get the above information because I went back and read every word of what it says online on Disney's website for the Fantasmic package and it doesn't give any of this information.:confused3

Sorry you didn't know this, but it is not new.
No need for a "Warning"

I did the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Hollywood & Vine in April 2002, so it has been around for at least 10 years.

Do they accept the dining plan for the fantasmic package???? If they do is it 1 or 2 credits????

Sorry you were surprised, but this is not a recent change. We did the F! Dining package at MM several years ago and paid out of pocket. It was about the same price, and you could order any entree, appetizer and dessert. You can book an ADR and order what you want if you just want to eat there, but as others have posted, the F! dining package is a fixed price.

Do they accept the dining plan for the fantasmic package???? If they do is it 1 or 2 credits????

Yes, you can use the DDP. MM and H&V are one credit, and HBD is two credits.

I made the reservation months ago online. It did not say anything about a fixed price.even the girl at the podium acknowledged this and told me that is why she was telling me at check in

No need for a "Warning"

Maybe there is for people who are new (or even people who have been posting here since 1999--see post #2). I don't know why they have absolutely nothing on the Disney site that states that it is a fixed price meal or even that you get an app, entree, or dessert. At the very least, it should say so when you are making the actual reservation online. I want to say that being able to book the Fantasmic package online is a fairly recent thing, and that it used to be the only way you could book was by phone. When you book by phone, I think they tell you about the way it works, but I went through the booking process last night online and there was no mention of anything having to do with fixed price or what food was included.

OP, I think you should email or call guest services and let them know what happened. Perhaps they don't realize that the online system does not include that information.

This thread was very informative for me as well - I came across no mention of it being a fixed price meal in my research. That's good to know... :thumbsup2

I didn't know this! I was looking at booking an F! package on my Feb trip when I wasn't on DDP. I've always wanted to try the Brown Derby and I had planned to share an entree and or perhaps have an app & dessert only.
There was no availability when I wanted an ADR so I never booked it. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Like others have already said, H&V and MM are 1 credit while HBD is 2. However, you may want to note that when you book the F dining package, and you book it online, you will have to pay for it upfront (like at CRT), however, if you don't want to pay up front then give the dining line a call and let them know you have the DDP, they will ask for a CC# to hold the reservation, but it will not get charged unless you don't show up...not sure if they do the late fee policy for F package or not.

Like others have already said, H&V and MM are 1 credit while HBD is 2. However, you may want to note that when you book the F dining package, and you book it online, you will have to pay for it upfront (like at CRT), however, if you don't want to pay up front then give the dining line a call and let them know you have the DDP, they will ask for a CC# to hold the reservation, but it will not get charged unless you don't show up...not sure if they do the late fee policy for F package or not.

Directly from online booking:
This reservation requires a credit card guarantee. Please provide your card information below. Your card will not be charged at this time.

And this was in Terms that you have to agree to
<LI class=group>Payment and Cancellation Policies
  • There is a 2-day cancellation policy and a $10 per-person charge if you cancel within 2 days of the reservation or are a "no show" for the reservation.
  • Payment or credit card guarantee is required at the time of booking.
  • If applicable, a gratuity of 18% will be automatically added for parties of 6 or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter