Warning No outlets works inside Disneyland park

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what electrical power outlets in Canada are like, but I think Canada uses the same type of outlets as the US.
The parts I bolded are not possible in the US - regular outlets are 120 Volts and 60 Hertz. (The US also has 220 Volt outlets, but those are only for specific dedicated use for electric dryers and electric stoves).
It's possible that Disneyland may have disconnected some outlets that they no longer needed.
It's not possible to 'turn down the current'. If the outlet is active, it is giving the same amount of power. Phone power charger cords use the same outlets as power charger cords for wheelchairs.

Since your battery was charging, just slow, the problem would likely be either with your battery or your charger, not the outlet. It is possible for power outlets to be 'loose' and not giving a good connection (that happens when people pull a cord out by the cord rather than the plug). But, usually, we notice that because the outlet feels 'wiggly' when plugging in.

There is no requirement for any business to provide a place for customers/guests to charge equipment, even mobility equipment. There is also no requirement for them to provide a replacement for a customer/guest to use while charging their own.
While it would be nice for DL to provide charging stations for ECVs, those are courtesies, not requirements.

So, I guess the important things to keep in mind are not to count on being able to charge equipment and making sure batteries are functioning well before going on a trip.

Yes you are right. Money was tight due to a few major unexpected expenses. So I did make the choice to go with weaker batteries or not go. I will not be doing that again.

I know nothing about ADA laws so I do not no what is required or not. I just go with what I think is more reasonable. So I think this post is done. No need to hash it out anymore.

I don't think you should have to leave the park to charge your batteries for mobility devices. It's not the same thing as a phone.

Did your chair charge in your hotel room or at the ECV/chair rental location in a reasonable time? It does sound like it may be the batteries at issue unless it was charging in the other locations in a normal time frame.

In any case with the number of folks visiting in ECVs and wheelchairs it seems reasonable to have locations inside the parks to charge.

Closing since this is pretty well to the end of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter